Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sponges posted:

You’re upset that I called a person you admire some mean names. You’ll survive this. The first step is to stop talking to me.

Thanks for clarifying my mental state for me here pal. Being as bad as a right winger who is calling the Parkland teens crisis actors has me all hosed up, understandably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is what he's referring to when he says parkland puppets btw
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/966099866257588230?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

So in addition to everything else it's anti-Semitic as gently caress

It's also weird that it's "Pro-Trump" and not "pro-gun." Attacking this kids in the press is such a ridiculous thing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Catwoman is on netflix.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Burkion posted:

SMG, just, don't do this man.

You're better than this.

In fact, the opposite interpretation is correct

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They oughta make a thread where people can talk about armond white takes that aren't about sequential art movies so we can get back to talking about the best sequential art movie, American Splendor starring Paul Giamatti and James Urbaniak.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It's actually The Rabbi's Cat

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I Before E posted:

They oughta make a thread where people can talk about armond white takes that aren't about sequential art movies so we can get back to talking about the best sequential art movie, American Splendor starring Paul Giamatti and James Urbaniak.

James Urbaniak needs to scoop up some of that DC or MCU money and play a villain or a scientist or something.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

James Urbaniak, Billy Eichner, and Julie Klausner in a Netflix Great Lakes Avengers would be a treat.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
gently caress. Make it JLI and cast Billy Eichner as Blue Beetle.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Urbaniak and Klausner as Mister Miracle and Barda, obviously, with Gabourey Sidibe as Max Lord.

"Pumpkin patch, it seems I left my motherbox at the office before handcuffing myself to this nuclear missile, could you please get it for me before I, well, get disintegrated?"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

DC Films Taps Chantal Nong for Key Production Role (Exclusive)

The DC Entertainment arm of Warner Bros. Pictures is filling out with the hire of Warners exec Chantal Nong.

Nong has been named vp production of Warners’ DC film group, which in January received a new leader in Walter Hamada, one of the executives behind the massively successful Conjuring horror movies made by Warner Bros.' New Line division.

Nong will now work on the development and production management of its slate.

While DC films currently are in a quiet period — Warners is only releasing Aquaman in 2018 and Shazam! is the only movie in production — that is expected to soon change. Wonder Woman 2 is heading into the casting stage and will be the next pic to shoot. Insiders say the next wave will likely include the Flash film and Batgirl, among others.

Nong has been with the studio since 2011 and most recently oversaw the development of The Meg, the upcoming prehistoric shark movie that stars Jason Statham, and Crazy Rich Asians. She previously worked on the studio’s Anne Hathaway comedy The Intern as well as 300: Rise of an Empire.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-films-taps-chantal-nong-key-production-role-1086317

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm really gonna miss Zach Snyder's touch on those films.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

S.J. posted:

I'm really gonna miss Zach Snyder's touch on those films.

Same. The amount of bitterness I feel towards nerds who bitched and whined about "not my X" in BvS and MoS and how it was all grimdark, knows no bounds. Now we can all look forward to all future superhero movies really pushing the envelope with ideas such as "imperialism by violence is not ok," and "Maybe sometimes, the CIA does bad things and isn't all good?" ", but don't worry, because when things get too serious, someones cape will slap someone to prevent the movie from being too dour!

Nolans and Snyders movies where the aberration, from here on out we can expect superhero movies to be funfilled romps that will be inoffensive to anyone but the rascist dolts that will invariably bitch about minorities getting more representation.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I'm an idiot who goes to see every superhero movie nowadays and I'm going to miss Snyder's take on the material.I like Marvel take on his stuff but watching the same movie with different heroes that all act the same and have the same voice can get tiring.Batman being a 3% percenter, Superman an illegal immigrant and Lex a more evil Zuckerberg are fresh and different concepts.

gently caress I was so sad when I saw JL, everything that attracted me to DC was gone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

How is cynicism towards the news industry’s narrativization of the shooting, and America’s bullshit gun control debate, incorrect?

White is unambiguously arguing that the children are being exploited. Which, y’know, they are.

you've always been a loving awful poster and by far the worst in this subforum but this is beyond the pale.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 21, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s not a defense; he’s not insulting the children.

Except where, you know, he is.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Wrap it up fellas, we've reached peak CD.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

McCloud posted:

Same. The amount of bitterness I feel towards nerds who bitched and whined about "not my X" in BvS and MoS and how it was all grimdark, knows no bounds. Now we can all look forward to all future superhero movies really pushing the envelope with ideas such as "imperialism by violence is not ok," and "Maybe sometimes, the CIA does bad things and isn't all good?" ", but don't worry, because when things get too serious, someones cape will slap someone to prevent the movie from being too dour!

Nolans and Snyders movies where the aberration, from here on out we can expect superhero movies to be funfilled romps that will be inoffensive to anyone but the rascist dolts that will invariably bitch about minorities getting more representation.

At least there's still the xmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
SMG, your defenses of White are a little weak. Needs more pretentious pseudo-intellectual faux-leftist bullshit tbh

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow, who knew - SMG is a loving piece of garbage. gently caress off you idiotic piece of poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some good acting here, drat puppets /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEKf1qdCFk0

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxikiYSnc0

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Sorry about that guys, I went out last night. Thank you for reporting.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
SMG logicing himself into the arms of extreme right wing conservatism was really the only way his whole shtick could end

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

eh gently caress it

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 21, 2018

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

McCloud posted:

"imperialism by violence is not ok," and "Maybe sometimes, the CIA does bad things and isn't all good?" ",

This is more than you're going to get out of Black Panther.

gently caress, what a nothing movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s cool that a big movie is full of people that aren’t white.

And that makes some people happy, and I’m happy for them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

This is more than you're going to get out of Black Panther.

gently caress, what a nothing movie.

Is that the take away message about the CIA? That's like the opposite of the CIA. They often do bad things and are only very little sometimes not all bad (but they're mostly all the time bad).

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Is that the take away message about the CIA? That's like the opposite of the CIA. They often do bad things and are only very little sometimes not all bad (but they're mostly all the time bad).

What? Are you asking about the film or my interpretation of it? Sorry.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I actually quoted the wrong thing. My eyes failed and I thought the thing you quoted was part of your post. Sorry!

I've not seen the film yet but I'm curious to know if that's the message they're going with concerning the CIA.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

It’s cool that a big movie is full of people that aren’t white.

And that makes some people happy, and I’m happy for them.

It's not cool that they took a radical comic book and took its balls away

E: the perspective character of the comic, at least of the era they're adapting, was a CIA guy who was basically completely worthless, and when he eventually actually decided to give a poo poo about Wakanda he got shunned by the state department and blackballed

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Jimbot posted:

I actually quoted the wrong thing. My eyes failed and I thought the thing you quoted was part of your post. Sorry!

I've not seen the film yet but I'm curious to know if that's the message they're going with concerning the CIA.

Minor spoilers:

cia guy does gently caress all in the film aside from helping out in the final fight sequence. The rest of his scenes pretty much consist of him being told to shut up in funny ways and/or coming across as a doofus.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

You don't need a crisis actor to know that one sip of Beverly is a taste disaster.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Minor spoilers:

cia guy does gently caress all in the film aside from helping out in the final fight sequence. The rest of his scenes pretty much consist of him being told to shut up in funny ways and/or coming across as a doofus.

he's jar jar binks

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jimbot posted:

the bad guy is a former CIA agent. A current CIA agent helps Black Panther throughout the film, and it's him that actually foils the villains plan. The plan is to arm oppressed black people around the world.

I'll say it again. BLACK PANTHER is about stopping black people from getting guns with the help of CIA officer.

It's a loving mess messaging wise.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They ask the CIA guy to do a Death Star run on a popular rebellion. He was probably pissed that they weren't charging money for the arms deal.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They ask the CIA guy to do a Death Star run on a popular rebellion. He was probably pissed that they weren't charging money for the arms deal.

a death star run, via remote. You can tell they wrote in the weakening windows later on after realising the optics of the white american doing his bit without actually being in danger while everyone else fights in close combat. It's still kind of weird that they didn't just have him pilot the ship.

Holy poo poo it's a mess.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 22, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

a death star run, via remote. You can tell they wrote in the weakening windows later on after realising the optics of the white american doing his bit without actually being in danger while everyone else fights in close combat. It's still kind of weird that they didn't just have him pilot the ship.

Holy poo poo it's a mess.

It's the MCU. Got to have drones in the movie somewhere.

edit:
I think, for all its fault, Black Panther is shown trying to do something to fix things at the end. I don't think they ever show Tony Stark trying to built cheap energy plants in poor countries, which is what he should be doing if he wants to stop militants from spreading. All he did in the movies was destroy his own weapons the terrorists were using and then installing a power supply for his own tower only.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 22, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

It's the MCU. Got to have drones in the movie somewhere.

The MCU has to be the one cinematic universe that is the friendliest to drone warfare of any one I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Burkion posted:

The MCU has to be the one cinematic universe that is the friendliest to drone warfare of any one I've ever seen

If anything the MCU is holding back compared to the comics. Any low-level villain in the comics can show up with a legion of robots and the reader would go "ok, and...?"