Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I got a dreamcast for Christmas the year PS2 came out because money and I'll be dammed if I didn't care. Sonic shuffle, fur fighters Viggo revenge, mvc2, and power stone got the most play because usually I had friends over but I'll never forget the games I played on it. It was just so unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I thought it was cool that you could use the Dreamcast Browser to download save files to your VMU.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only had a Dreamcast for like a year or more into the cycle and I was convinced it was going to dominate eventually lol. To be fair I had a Dreamcast for like 6 months when the PS2 came out so that launch lineup wasn't looking too impressive.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you mean Jin? Because he's originally from Cyberbots, which just cameo'd as a hidden character in Ttttech Rrrromancer!

Also holy poo poo; someone else played Tech Romancer :hfive:

Hell yeah, Wise Duck was my jam!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I liked the DC's quirkiness, and I legit loved Jet Grind Radio and Soul Calibur, but that's about it. I thought the ergonomics of the DC controller were beyond awful, and it's still the only controller that gives me acid flashbacks of horrible hand cramping.

I miss Sega as a console maker only in the sense that they shook things up and provided diversity (a market position solely held by Nintendo now), and even though I owned nearly every piece of hardware they ever made I still only feel fond about the Genesis.

I like Playstation.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought after a day of rest and coming back to it my muscle memory would have internalized the Lady Maria fight.

I have started off by dying three times in a row without getting a single parry off. it's going to be a long night

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RBA Starblade posted:

Hell yeah, Wise Duck was my jam!

Wise Duck was pretty boss, but Not-a-Gundam Dixen was my go-to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I liked the DC's quirkiness, and I legit loved Jet Grind Radio and Soul Calibur, but that's about it. I thought the ergonomics of the DC controller were beyond awful, and it's still the only controller that gives me acid flashbacks of horrible hand cramping.

I miss Sega as a console maker only in the sense that they shook things up and provided diversity (a market position solely held by Nintendo now), and even though I owned nearly every piece of hardware they ever made I still only feel fond about the Genesis.

I like Playstation.

Yeah. Sega was pretty adventurous. I was a Sega fanboy as a kid (mostly cause my parents got me a genesis instead of a SNES for Xmas) and they always had the most innovative, advanced looking poo poo because they'd release their new consoles 6 months before everyone else but the Genesis was really the only contender they ever released. Saturn and Dreamcast were both awesome in their own weird ways but they never really stacked up to Sony or Nintendo or even Microsoft in the end.

Genesis ruled though. It really had it's own thing going on and stayed relevant despite SNES dominating. genesis was the console of the 90's imo even if SNES was way better and more successful.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 21, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Holy poo poo. After 69 tries I finally did it.

The fight where I actually beat her felt so epic, I had to share the moment when I fuckin' tried to parry with no bullets and panicked like crazy.

(I know someone else is plaything through Bloodborne in this thread, don't watch this)
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966201120900173831

Normally I don't go in for video game merch but I thought to myself "A Lady Maria figurine would probably be cool" so I looked it up and of course it's $600

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo. After 69 tries I finally did it.

The fight where I actually beat her felt so epic, I had to share the moment when I fuckin' tried to parry with no bullets and panicked like crazy.

(I know someone else is plaything through Bloodborne in this thread, don't watch this)
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966201120900173831

Normally I don't go in for video game merch but I thought to myself "A Lady Maria figurine would probably be cool" so I looked it up and of course it's $600

I had a similar moment with defiled Amygdala but it didn't work out so well. 70th try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bea16SyW5cM

I though his jump smoke was the "you win" smoke and was going for an emote

I hate that boss forever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have a weird number of insanely close fights in that game, ending both ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThOp--bSm-M

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh are we sharing stupid poo poo we did in Bloodborne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfBIaT-CWrQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yakuza Kimiwari is $18 in Australia :woop:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/Kirbysuperstar/status/681280206447890433

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
God, I'd kill for a Tech Romancer rerelease. Doesn't even have to be HD or anything, just rerelease it as is, maybe have online multiplayer.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh no! Those are the worst!

SkeletonHero posted:

God, I'd kill for a Tech Romancer rerelease. Doesn't even have to be HD or anything, just rerelease it as is, maybe have online multiplayer.

I'd take a PSO that I could play on PS4. Again, don't need to remake it (maybe merge 1, 2 and Blue Burst for more content) but that would hit me right in the nostalgias.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It would be so weird to go back to PSO1 after hundreds of hours of the craziness of PSO2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It would be so weird to go back to PSO1 after hundreds of hours of the craziness of PSO2.
I just started playing it again on Ephinea, I think as long as there are private servers PSO1 is a game I will play for like an hour or two every year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey I have one like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvWWk-V-8s

Still not entirely sure what killed me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

WarEternal posted:

Titanfall 2 worth $10?

:iia:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfBIaT-CWrQ

lmao

If we are sharing, my gently caress ups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6aRNGEXz8

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Holy SHIIIIT thanks, huge discount!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did they only print like a few hundred copies of Kingdom Come Deliveance? It's SO expensive!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did they only print like a few hundred copies of Kingdom Come Deliveance? It's SO expensive!

Good, it's poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh hey I have one like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvWWk-V-8s

Still not entirely sure what killed me.

NOICE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The rest of my house is obsessed with Kingdom Come Deliverance

And then there’s me like “when I get paid I’m gonna buy the game with the chicken manager”

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Is Kingdom Come that one game where the lead developer is a GamerGater and there's no blacks because "historical accuracy"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Instant Grat posted:

Is Kingdom Come that one game where the lead developer is a GamerGater and there's no blacks because "historical accuracy"

Yes.

It's still a good game. Very good, surprisingly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

What about the inscrutable Finn?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

I'll probably pick it up in a sale in a couple of months/years. Looks really interesting and my thing, but I've heard there are a lot of bugs at the moment + my gaming time is limited soooo, there's not really a point in buying it right now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kingdom Come rules. This combat system is miles ahead of anything in TES and I actually like the weird quick-save system, forces me to think more about what I'm doing and if it really merits getting wasted in-game to do it. I'm not that far in it, I just did that quest where you spend an afternoon hunting with that young, stuck up mayor-in-waiting guy and I love that it has so many of these quests that are out-and-out competitions.

It definitely needs patches though, because wow the lockpicking is so bad on controllers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Policenaut posted:

This combat system is miles ahead of anything in TES

High praise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's probably the most expensive non-AAA release I've ever seen on Amazon. I think it's nearly €80

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

shut up blegum posted:

I'll probably pick it up in a sale in a couple of months/years. Looks really interesting and my thing, but I've heard there are a lot of bugs at the moment + my gaming time is limited soooo, there's not really a point in buying it right now.

While it's still buggy on PS4, I've only encountered minor things like getting stuck on bushes (which isn't even a bug, just bad programming/placement). PC seems to have the most actual game-breaking bugs. I'm about 12 hours in and have had no crashes or quest bugs yet, knock on wood.

Policenaut posted:

Kingdom Come rules. This combat system is miles ahead of anything in TES and I actually like the weird quick-save system, forces me to think more about what I'm doing and if it really merits getting wasted in-game to do it.

Yeah the combat seems simple at first but what people should bear in mind is that you actually don't even have access to some basic combat moves until the character learns them - like if you don't do the second combat tutorial, which is unfortunately easy to miss as by then you're fully in the "open world" part, you can't parry or dodge at all.

The save system is pretty cool but they're patching in "save and quit", which is exactly what I said the game needed. Presumably by "save and quit" they mean the kind of thing where you can't easily savescum, where the quicksave is deleted by loading it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

It's probably the most expensive non-AAA release I've ever seen on Amazon. I think it's nearly €80

It's €49,99 over here :shrug:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

PSN android app not working for anyone else just now?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

It's €49,99 over here :shrug:

Where you at

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Belgium

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

precision posted:

Yes.

It's still a good game. Very good, surprisingly.

Hard pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I don't have any time to play anything these days, and BF1 takes up most of my time. I am seriously tempted to get TitanFall2 for £12 as this thread seems to really, really love it.