Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

Is that an edit? It made me laugh out loud. :)

Hokuto No Ken is occasionally very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There was also the time he kicked someone in the dick so hard his head exploded.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Hokuto No Ken is occasionally very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

I knew exactly what this video would be before I even clicked it. One of the best Hnk moments.

The show/manga is so good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I knew exactly what this video would be before I even clicked it. One of the best Hnk moments.

The show/manga is so good.

More like the first season and a half of the show is so good, and everything else with the name doesn't quite live up to it.

Until that Yakuza game comes out anyway.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mercenarynuker posted:

Why are all these martial artist mammals using guns?

For what it's worth, the Adolescent Radioactive Black-Belt Hamsters did use kung fu. Jackie, Chuck and Bruce preferred fists, staves and nunchucks; Clint threw a mean Tibetan Death Punch, but just happened to prefer a .44 Magnum.

The mutant animal book glut also led to Boris the Bear, whose first issue featured him slaughtering pretty much all of them. Including Usagi Yojimbo, for some reason.

But before long he got around to the real targets.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Garth Ennis approach to media criticism.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
:jerkbag:, in comic book form

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

:jerkbag:, in comic book form

That's what I said, yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a crapload of Boris the Bear issues years ago. It wasn't very good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think how smug the guy is about his derivative creation which is vastly and fundamentally worse than the works he was criticizing and parodying is kind of funny

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"But professor, they're all red wires!"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

That's why hes blasting the only green thing present. The warhead itself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

"But professor, they're all red wires!"

Actually everything has a yellow tint for Cyclops.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

From today's Batman #41 where Poison Ivy has the entire world under her influence (except for Batman and Catwoman) and is currently threatening them through Alfred.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

From today's Batman #41 where Poison Ivy has the entire world under her influence (except for Batman and Catwoman) and is currently threatening them through Alfred.

Oh. My. God.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

I am sic and tired of loving cell shaded 3d renders in comic books

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

"No just have Barry get up, I got some problems with him"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What would he have done if Batman just kept punching?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

chitoryu12 posted:

What would he have done if Batman just kept punching?

Presumably just walked away when there were no flashes left.

That said, doesn't Batman have knock out gas? You'd think he'd just gas Alfred and then work on a cure for Ivy's control, given that he likes Alfred and it's not the first time he's run into Poison Ivy controlling people against their will.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Huffing knockout gas is, like, super bad for you.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ignite Memories posted:

Huffing knockout gas is, like, super bad for you.

I don't know that 9 out of 10 doctors would recommend "haymakers from Batman" as a sleep aid either, but I suppose Bruce Wayne could afford a rigged medical study like a proper businessman.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zaodai posted:

Presumably just walked away when there were no flashes left.

That said, doesn't Batman have knock out gas? You'd think he'd just gas Alfred and then work on a cure for Ivy's control, given that he likes Alfred and it's not the first time he's run into Poison Ivy controlling people against their will.

Flash just zooms in and uses his super lungs to inhale all the gas before it reaches Alfred.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's been a while since I've read anything from DC. Is that the status quo now? Like Bruce and Selina are a healthy couple and apparently everyone, or at least Ivy knows who he is?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not so much a healthy couple as the writer's personal fantasy but yes.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's been a while since I've read anything from DC. Is that the status quo now? Like Bruce and Selina are a healthy couple and apparently everyone, or at least Ivy knows who he is?

Yes and it's the best thing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Good for them.
Is Batman still a gloomy, self-hating douchebag with trust issues, who takes himself way to seriously and can't walk three steps without being reminded of his parents, who died from crime? If not, I'll have to check it out.
Batman was always the worst part of any Batman story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Not just healthy couple, they're getting married in July.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

muscles like this! posted:

Not just healthy couple, they're getting married in July.

Ah, so then the question is does Catwoman get killed before or after the wedding? Bets on "during the wedding" pay double!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Ah, so then the question is does Catwoman get killed before or after the wedding? Bets on "during the wedding" pay double!

I've been loving the both the Batman and Superman titles. I especially love how each thinks the other is more of a hero than they could ever be.

But if they fridge Selena, I'm done with DC forever.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Zaodai posted:

But what if...Batman gets killed before or after the wedding?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Even if Selina dies, I doubt Tom King will be doing any fridging.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

amigolupus posted:

I was actually coming back to post this. That would be kind of novel, since you know they can't have Batman be happy and so every cynic in the world is going to expect them to kill Catwoman instead. And then Catwoman has to deal with all the fallout from it. I could see that being readable.

I'd still prefer the twist to be "No, they actually get married and nobody dies and it's all good.", but you know someone is getting killed, or she's a robot, or it's a shapeshifter, or one of Poison Ivy's plant clone people, or something stupid.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Bruce says 'I do'

Next issue: WE REBOOT EVERYTHING!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They both end up with terminal cancer and also amnesia so they don't remember each other.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Batman sells his marriage to Darkseid in order to save Alfred.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Zaodai posted:

I'd still prefer the twist to be "No, they actually get married and nobody dies and it's all good.", but you know someone is getting killed, or she's a robot, or it's a shapeshifter, or one of Poison Ivy's plant clone people, or something stupid.

If Superdickery was still a thing, it'd actually be Supes disguised as Catwoman and he'd reveal himself during the wedding and say he wanted to get back at Batman for the time he tricked Jimmy Olsen into becoming a Batman fanboy.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

amigolupus posted:

I've heard that they are supposed to kill off Batman after DK Metal finishes and keep him off the table for about a year. But I have yet to find a source for this rumor, so huge grain of salt.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Batman gets killed by Ben Affleck. WB has no idea what to do next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

I've heard that they are supposed to kill off Batman after DK Metal finishes and keep him off the table for about a year. But I have yet to find a source for this rumor, so huge grain of salt.

IIRC, the current arc of Justice League takes place post-Metal.