Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jazerus posted:

lol they think the kids won't vote

which is usually a safe assumption but the current crop of high schoolers is extremely online & ncaf

I'd say that when things are fairly status-quo yeah, they don't care, but with a government actively hostile toward anyone that isn't a white cis male over 60, I'd say there's a good chance of them leading something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i think they're called clips before they're fired

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
ovaltine

thats gold jerry

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

shovelbum posted:

lol theyre so much better than we millennials but i guess they didnt grow up as the only non chud in a sea of chuds like probably most of cspam did

Dunno my entire high school got woke af in 2008

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

loving finally, sorry video peeps but this has been a long time coming.
https://twitter.com/lpolgreen/status/966325312412901376

uh, TRUMP

good gently caress video

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

“He showed us his tax returns, though.”

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Duscat posted:

Duh you don't subscribe to a clip

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

new kind of cat posted:

good gently caress video

pivot... FROM video? but what will we autoplay on mute now

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://twitter.com/athertonkd/status/966107307464540160

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

shovelbum posted:

lol theyre so much better than we millennials but i guess they didnt grow up as the only non chud in a sea of chuds like probably most of cspam did

they're just like

better to each other, in a lot of ways. less divided over petty cliquey bullshit because everyone has their own individualized stuff they like on the internet so they relate as unique individuals instead of having an unspoken caste system. mostly, anyway. it's cool and makes teaching them a breeze tbh

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
im glad billy dead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the generation naming committee needs a shakeup

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

new kind of cat posted:

guillotining the rich wouldn’t be a state sanctioned action it will be part of the glorious people’s revolution and i fully support it

hmmm, gfair

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lawman 0 posted:

Dunno my entire high school got woke af in 2008

Late millennials. I graduated in 1999, so I was an early millennial, and for a while I was considered part of Gen X, the Clinton years made us "meh"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
autoplay video is one of the worst things to ever happen to the internet and I'm glad video is starting its decline. I seriously have never met a single person who thought 'oh thank god this site is moving to video its exactly what I wanted!'

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

they're just like

better to each other, in a lot of ways. less divided over petty cliquey bullshit because everyone has their own individualized stuff they like on the internet so they relate as unique individuals instead of having an unspoken caste system. mostly, anyway. it's cool and makes teaching them a breeze tbh

isnt this going to change as social media plus the death of net neutrality turns everything in a homogenized algorithmic feed

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

autoplay video is one of the worst things to ever happen to the internet and I'm glad video is starting its decline. I seriously have never met a single person who thought 'oh thank god this site is moving to video its exactly what I wanted!'

i like video on video sites if i want to watch a video

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

Clip my suck hole

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

good ol michigan hunters ed, where me and my other mid 20s out of stater friends learned to shoot a crossbow with a horde of 8 year olds. why you can hunt with a crossbow in michigan i have no idea

The Pope banned using it against fellow Christians, but animals are fair game!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

Someone started calling those born in 77-83 Xennials, making a mini-generation between Gen-X and millennials.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GobiasIndustries posted:

It really is too bad it didn't die with RealPlayer

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Late millennials. I graduated in 1999, so I was an early millennial, and for a while I was considered part of Gen X, the Clinton years made us "meh"

Oh I see

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh so they won't be as disappointed in the end you mean

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
woke teens visit the florida senate
https://twitter.com/julieturkewitz/status/966331810463526912

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Billzasilver posted:

https://medium.com/@dinachka82/the-teens-will-save-us-af5448b4ddfd

I tell the students that in order to help them succeed, I must implement strict classroom rules. They must raise their hand before doing anything at all, even when asking another student for a pencil. They lose points each time they don’t behave as expected. They gain points by reporting other students. If someone breaks the rule and I don’t see it, it is the responsibility of the other students to let me know. Those students earn bonus points. I tell students that in order for this plan to work they must “trust the process and not question their teachers.” This becomes a school-wide effort. The other teachers and admin join.

lmao the most important lesson for any student is to never trust authority

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/966319377594376194

:staredog:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Looking at Twitter it seems like my main concern in the years to come will be keeping up with being an open minded non-poo poo and not stagnating into some kind of bizarre Archie bunker type

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

lmao the most important lesson for any student is to never trust authority

that's the point of the exercise i presume

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
my favorite autoplay-on-mute is the "related video" on yahoo stock ticker prices that starts going when i check the euro price in the morning and stops sometime in the evening when i close down my browser, i dunno how many gigs they waste on that one each day

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Technically applicable to a photo I saw of a dead body on the banks of the Ganges.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
goddamnit :smith:
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/966331897457426434

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Billzasilver posted:

https://medium.com/@dinachka82/the-teens-will-save-us-af5448b4ddfd

I tell the students that in order to help them succeed, I must implement strict classroom rules. They must raise their hand before doing anything at all, even when asking another student for a pencil. They lose points each time they don’t behave as expected. They gain points by reporting other students. If someone breaks the rule and I don’t see it, it is the responsibility of the other students to let me know. Those students earn bonus points. I tell students that in order for this plan to work they must “trust the process and not question their teachers.” This becomes a school-wide effort. The other teachers and admin join.

also the rat race is so severe now that im amazed parents didnt just yank their kids bc a school like that would look real weird/bad to admissions, arbiter of all worth and life

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good loving lord.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

euphronius posted:

well be Generation A, and you can be Generation B

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

seriously, social media is an absolute mistake. it shouldn't exist

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol jesus christ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Are chuds incapable of understanding that multiple people can have the same name?

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

caste system coming to an america near you

its already here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like American poor people because they vote for Trump!

• Locked thread