Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Buy-in Medicare! Increased border security! More ICE agents! Lower taxes! Subsidize apprenticeships! Lower taxes and offer breaks to military-industrial complex and microprocessor manufacturers who have in the past poisoned our water! Get all this and more with Hiral Tipirneni! You want a $15 minimum wage? gently caress you! Amnesty? gently caress you! True affordable health care? gently caress YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

KiteAuraan posted:

So, Arizona's 8th Congressional District is having a special election (because noted melty Ted Cruz clone and fascist Trent Franks retired due to a terminal case of ein sexmonster). There are, for the first time in years, two Democratic Party candidates. One is Brianna Westbrook, a Berniecrat in true form who is good. The other...

Pure. Concentrated. Succ. Zone.

I'm looking through her issues page but I don't see a stance on consolidating data centers.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm looking through her issues page but I don't see a stance on consolidating data centers.

anyone who’s serious about consolidating data centers wouldn’t waste valuable server space just to say so

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

How can people tolerate this? How can they see this and say "this is okay?"

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Grondoth posted:

if you ever wonder why people can seem so inhuman, it's not because they have no empathy, its because they have to tell themselves a story. And that story has to twist and pervert itself into a terrifying narrative so the person can maintain their identity as a person. If you ever hear billionaires talk they come across as alien creatures and its to prevent themselves from ever thinking about consequences. you do it too, all people do. Im not saying its right, but self-preservation is a powerful instinct that supersedes any logic or pathos

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Grondoth posted:

If you live in a car-centric place and are an upwardly-mobile HENRY, you'll construct a life for yourself where you never go through this part of town. You don't even need to consciously do so, it's just that all the places you ever go to are fiercely patrolled to keep the homeless at bay.

This is the same reason the exurbs very rarely build any sort of public parks or main streets or anywhere people would actually want to be in the post-war era -- it inevitably will have some homeless people in it, get a bad reputation for crime and uncleanliness, and nobody will go there. (Being less accessible by car doesn't help either.) Exurbs these days have the minimal amount of grassy public land to legally count as a park scattered around, and then only as a technicality to prevent convicted sex offenders from legally moving in nearby.

1982 Subaru Brat has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Feb 21, 2018

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The US has a higher percentage of homeless people than Mexico and anywhere from 2.5 to 3 million children in the US are homeless. :thumbsup:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Tiberius Christ posted:

if you ever wonder why people can seem so inhuman, it's not because they have no empathy, its because they have to tell themselves a story. And that story has to twist and pervert itself into a terrifying narrative so the person can maintain their identity as a person. If you ever hear billionaires talk they come across as alien creatures and its to prevent themselves from ever thinking about consequences. you do it too, all people do. Im not saying its right, but self-preservation is a powerful instinct that supersedes any logic or pathos

I D E O L O G Y

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
After the revolution you totally need the kinds of forced tours to the poor parts of town for any remaining bourgies that they had Germans go on to the concentration camps during denazification.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The whole having to sit through day-long sessions where they're forced to confront their collective crimes would be nice too.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Why can I so easily imagine Joe Biden in hentai?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

KiteAuraan posted:

So, Arizona's 8th Congressional District is having a special election (because noted melty Ted Cruz clone and fascist Trent Franks retired due to a terminal case of ein sexmonster). There are, for the first time in years, two Democratic Party candidates. One is Brianna Westbrook, a Berniecrat in true form who is good. The other...

Pure. Concentrated. Succ. Zone.

quote:

Expanding Medicare to allow anyone to buy into the system is a great place to start so that access to affordable, quality care that covers pre-existing conditions is guaranteed.

That part isn't terrible :shobon:

Oh the "buyin" part, yea nm.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Grondoth posted:

I once pointed out to liberals that according to a study California had the highest rate of poverty in the nation (mostly due to cost of living), and they all got mad at me and refered to it as conservative propoganda.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

Collective action is required, but since the only action that our government can do are market solutions there is no method to address this social problem short of make homelessness de facto illegal.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

We need to incentivize property leasing

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Build tiny houses for the homeless then evict them because they cannot afford it due to property value increases and they're no longer homeless anymore

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Grondoth posted:

it's actually damaging their tourism industry since all the hotels and venues and poo poo are immaculately kept but then you go out into the street and it's literally The Purge out there

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Control Volume posted:

We need to incentivize property leasing

empty houses should incur a larger and larger cost for every year they're unoccupied.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
invest in gold bars, not buildings

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Working Class Oriented, Opposition Party of these United States:

https://twitter.com/RealBankReform/status/962039590906347520

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/966350067287363584
if obama say graham good, graham good

but... graham bad?

graham bad means... obama good!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Office Pig posted:

but... graham bad?

What did you actually expect op

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/vprnet/status/966364337781837824

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
can someone get that voice clip for real

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Office Pig posted:

but... graham bad?

im glad graham dead

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Ah yeah inject that into me bones

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

empty houses should incur a larger and larger cost for every year they're unoccupied.

100% vacancy tax. if you don’t live in the building then you must pay 100% of the advertised rent in taxes for every month it’s vacant.

if it’s not for rent and it’s a an “investment” like the empty high rise condos in nyc, it’s just strait up repossessed, and you are arrested if you live in the US.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

who cares. its backyard sugaring season: http://digital.vpr.net/post/boiling-bliss-magic-backyard-sugaring

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lmao about that HUGE pickup tonight in kentucky.......

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/966182771856158720

Why the hell would you run the dudes widow, even just to have a name on

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is the answer because the Clinton campaign was too busy doing fieldwork for their pied piper candidate?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol the libs aren’t going to like this, no sir

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Grondoth posted:

They blame the govt, I'm imagining something along the lines of "California taxes everyone to death, what do you expect"

Also he runs over a pigeon at :31

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Realtalk it is drat early to start sugaring this year.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

They blame the govt, I'm imagining something along the lines of "California taxes everyone to death, what do you expect"

Also he runs over a pigeon at :31

I think he's on a bike.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Grondoth posted:

I think he's on a bike.

He is, there's a little click when he passed the pigeons so I made a joke

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Schumer bypasses local Texas Dems and endorses a businessman donor:

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/966338569957621760

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/966379358477840384

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Office Pig posted:

but... graham bad?

at least he finally did something to piss off the smug gently caress hollywood set for once

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4iDh3NRXKI

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

"why the Clinton campaign didn't do something. " That is a good question, but about her entire political career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

want to see the full quote

or a video

or anything

the russia hysteria is getting really hosed up, people are getting very bloodthirsty

• Locked thread