Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
my ineptness with languages and the fact that a prestigious professor told me i should never work as an archaeologist are a blanket of crushing shame that defines my entire identity along with all the other crushing shames and regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

it probably shouldn't be, but it's still kinda shocking to me that they'd be openly discussing this

this is definitely the endgame though, whatever is happening is going to be happen in the next five or ten years and the next game will have new rules and new players

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Duscat posted:

it probably shouldn't be, but it's still kinda shocking to me that they'd be openly discussing this

this is definitely the endgame though, whatever is happening is going to be happen in the next five or ten years and the next game will have new rules and new players

yup, it doesn't even matter if they're successful with this specific impeachment plan. all that matters is that they now feel comfortable discussing this loving lunacy in public. that's extremely bad.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Byzantine history is honestly extremely good and very useful if you have an interest in diplomacy or international relations

i will check it out :)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:same:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/966371711217225731

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

how does replacing judges work in PA, wouldn't the Dem gov just replace them with someone else who'd say the map is fine?

I do think they'll try to go full scorched earth on this. They spent a lot of time and money to create a pro-GOP apartheid state commonwealth in PA and it was a huge reason they have all 3 branches now. No way they let that go.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

yup, it doesn't even matter if they're successful with this specific impeachment plan. all that matters is that they now feel comfortable discussing this loving lunacy in public. that's extremely bad.

see also: the never-ending recall efforts in Nevada since they lost control of the state senate there

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Quotey posted:

good! that will destroy the libs

i can't tell if this guy thinks this is an argument for or against it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ArmZ posted:

i will check it out :)

There's a history of Byzantium podcast as well if you are interested as well

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lol I never even learned greek i just want to curl up in bed and cry the rest of the day i think dudes

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
We have already had a Presidential election decided on party lines by a court that had no standing telling Florida who won an election in Florida.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zeal posted:

i have a masters in the subject my dude, my thesis was investigating a set of undeciphered cuneiform tablets held at a state art museum

did u ever find the zodiac killer

before trump did, i mean

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

how does replacing judges work in PA, wouldn't the Dem gov just replace them with someone else who'd say the map is fine?

I do think they'll try to go full scorched earth on this. They spent a lot of time and money to create a pro-GOP apartheid state commonwealth in PA and it was a huge reason they have all 3 branches now. No way they let that go.

Senate approves Wolf's appointments.

Their end game is "impeach all non right-leaning justices, try the case.. again?" The problem is that its not clear how all of this would play out, its sort of crazy talk because it really doesn't guarantee them an outcome at all.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i thought all they needed to do to get their accounts back is verify their phone number

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WarMECH posted:

did the gop forget that these "kids" are practically adults and will be able to vote in 2020 if not in 2018 those short sighted mother fuckers

the gop has long since solved the problem of needing a majority of voters friend

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

shovelbum posted:

my ineptness with languages and the fact that a prestigious professor told me i should never work as an archaeologist are a blanket of crushing shame that defines my entire identity along with all the other crushing shames and regrets

Peggy Hill?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quotey posted:

did they end up being a shopping list

one of them was a receipt for a disbursement from the government stockpiles at Ur of a single gur (a sumerian measure of weight and volume that was a theoretical cube equal to 'the amount of x substance an otherwise unencumbered donkey can carry on its back) of wort, the precursor to fermented beer, to some guy, for services rendered

from around the 1990s bce

records like that, etched in fired clay, will be among the only surviving evidence of human writing once human civilization's been extinct a few thousand years

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

but their decision stands and even in a hellworld in which the justices all get thrown out for no cause, without a case before the hypothetically newly-composed pa scrotum they can't do anything

right euphronius

i guess the state republican party/statehouse republicans could bring that case. so the plan is throw out the duly-elected justices (lol electing justices), bring a whiny boo-boo case before the court about how unfair the previous court's decision was, and get an emergency stay "pending a decision," conveniently after nov 2018

cucks

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

see also: the never-ending recall efforts in Nevada since they lost control of the state senate there

and this is a really dumb choice too because the NVDems have basically said "yeah if they take back the senate we'll just recall them"

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

how can u miss that which will not leave

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

they're elected lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OfficialJoelF/status/966373948723286016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

juche avocado posted:

but their decision stands and even in a hellworld in which the justices all get thrown out for no cause, without a case before the hypothetically newly-composed pa scrotum they can't do anything

right euphronius

i guess the state republican party/statehouse republicans could bring that case. so the plan is throw out the duly-elected justices (lol electing justices), bring a whiny boo-boo case before the court about how unfair the previous court's decision was, and get an emergency stay "pending a decision," conveniently after nov 2018

cucks

basically, but there's literally no guarantee any of it will actually happen and the GOP judges on the pennsylvania supreme court are conservative but I'd be really, really surprised if they played ball with this.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/PykeA/status/966371360506343424

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

brugroffil posted:

what are the odds that this is another version of the @TEN_GOP propaganda account?

Unfortunately, it's the verified account of the actual Michigan GOP.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Duscat posted:

“Moderate” suburban rep Ryan Costello of PA-6 was saying this too but he’s actually affected since he’s now the most vulnerable republican in PA.

But why even open your mouth, Toomey? He’s statewide and probably will retire in 2022 anyway. It’s like he can’t help but be an rear end in a top hat.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

a lot of it might be trial balooning to try and get a sense from the justices if they'd even go for it tbh, idk

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tat Poomey

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

mormonpartyboat posted:

did u ever find the zodiac killer

the occult side of his MO, taking the lives of others as a pre-mortem human sacrifice to himself in order to secure those sacrifices' souls as slaves in the afterlife, would be instantly recognizable to any ancient mesopotamian man or woman of letters

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

“Moderate” suburban rep Ryan Costello of PA-6 was saying this too but he’s actually affected since he’s now the most vulnerable republican in PA.

But why even open your mouth, Toomey? He’s statewide and probably will retire in 2022 anyway. It’s like he can’t help but be an rear end in a top hat.

It hurts chances of the GOP holding the House, and if the GOP doesn't hold power then the office/branch of government isn't legitimate.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

crisis actors

crisis actors as far as the eye can see

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"The Jew has been drinking our blood for millennia."

:yikes:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
i think about once a month i send him an email cussing at him

it does nothing but make me feel a little better

its fun

i suggest you all do it

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

juche avocado posted:

i now have enough muscle to almost bend my ribcage flat (birth defect) lol why didnt i start working out in high school (I know why lol) TRUMP

That's amazing. Don't overdo it. And do a little research, if you haven't, about exercise with your particular rib condition. I know it's not a rare one and I've seen it before in person, but I imagine your body has adapted to it in a variety of ways you may not be aware of. And disregard this msg if I'm telling you poo poo you already know.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Nastier Nate posted:

Gen X is worthless. Millenials have failed. Gen Z might still have a chance.

i love how boomers named gen x, then tried to name us gen y, and after that didn't take stubbornly kept on and are now idiotically trying to name the next one gen z

like come on that poo poo just is not happening at all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

"The Jew has been drinking our blood for millennia."

:yikes:

Very Fine People

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

please drink my blood :(

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

didn't know zizek was getting into acting

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shyduck posted:

Tat Poomey

Forums Poster SHYDUCK Absolutely DESTROYS Pat Toomey in Classic Post 😂 😂 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i love how boomers named gen x, then tried to name us gen y, and after that didn't take stubbornly kept on and are now idiotically trying to name the next one gen z

like come on that poo poo just is not happening at all

we are bound to get renamed to something else

• Locked thread