Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

just because you suck and bump into walls doesn't make you a roomba

sometimes i flop over on my back and shriek until someone carries me to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i have also experienced this discrimination for my love of drinking motor oil and sleeping standing up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

sometimes i flop over on my back and shriek until someone carries me to bed

:same:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have also experienced this discrimination for my love of drinking motor oil and sleeping standing up

you stick your dick in an electrical outlet one time

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

you stick your dick in an electrical outlet one time

must suck not to be allowed withing 100 feet of a Fry's Microcenter or any other place new electronics are sold :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how many did the president lose

someone in another thread said a million but i bet it’s exactly equal to the number banned.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

CEO of Twitter who evidently is related to Kim Jong-Un

what a weird burn

like i have to really try to figure out the kind of mindset that would think that was a sick burn

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:boom:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ate all the Oreos posted:

what a weird burn

like i have to really try to figure out the kind of mindset that would think that was a sick burn

the kind where you can't call people you don't like reds any more, for, uh, reasons. you gotta keep up to date with the enemies of the state, so right now you have to insinuate that people you don't like are aligned with best corea instead.

imagine the most hardcore cold warriors, but now russia is a friend and ally

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the kind where you can't call people you don't like reds any more, for, uh, reasons. you gotta keep up to date with the enemies of the state, so right now you have to insinuate that people you don't like are aligned with best corea instead.

imagine the most hardcore cold warriors, but now russia is a friend and ally

and it's not even aligned with it's related to, it's like saying "wow i didn't realize you were hitler's third cousin twice removed!!!"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no one has ever accused them of being pithy or quick witted

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

no one has ever accused them of being pithy or quick witted
i dunno, they seem pretty pithy about having their bot followers banned

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

thank you.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

context-free news quote of the day

quote:

On the other end of the political spectrum, actor Paul F. Tompkins appears to have been suspended overnight for telling Marco Rubio to eat ten D-sized batteries

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

PFT rulez

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

if your name is <noun><four-six digits> and you did nothing but retweet macedonian "novelty" news stories, yes, it's possible you could be confused for a bot

thanks james botworthy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sagebrush posted:

i have students who commute from sacramento and monterey

they are really serious about getting all their classes on the same days. one i think has class 9am-10pm two days a week with an hour for lunch and that's it

i had a 45 minute commute and had a similar schedule when i could wing it. my dad was legit furious cause he thought i was gaming the system somehow which was interesting cause he drank himself out of several courses in his college days

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Sagebrush posted:

one i think has class 9am-10pm two days a week with an hour for lunch and that's it

this was literally my first year of undergrad. 45 minute drive each way but only had class tues/thurs. I took like 21 units a semester or something. I frontloaded a lot of poo poo while I was still enthusiastic about going back to school

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

popups, but on your dashboard

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

why do i need to know where my car drives me to get gas

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Roll down your window and yell Midas! for 25% more stopping power on your next stop from 50 km/h or faster.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the ultimate insult will be when the ads consistently load more quickly than the information you’re actually trying to see.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i buried the lede, but the company is specifically looking at monetizing your location data, and profiling your driving habits. direct in-dash ads are just the most obvious method of doing so

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

crabrock posted:

*car automatically drives to the gas station that paid $0.0003 more for placement, which coincidentally charges $4.80 per gallon*

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

atomicthumbs posted:

*car automatically drives to the gas station that paid $0.0003 more for placement, which coincidentally charges $4.80 per gallon*

gonna own when a car company brokers an exclusive business agreement with bp

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

what can a gallon of gas even cost these days, $10?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
remember when fb tried to filter out fake news and conservatives lost their poo poo and ultimately the problem just got worse? yea i give twitter a week before they backtrack and formally codify a rule requiring some unmeetable standard of proof before banning suspected bots

ate all the Oreos posted:

and it's not even aligned with it's related to, it's like saying "wow i didn't realize you were hitler's third cousin twice removed!!!"

OSAMA OBAMA hmmm are they related???

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

barack HUSSEIN obama.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

crabrock posted:

i cant wait until some guy hacks my car to drive me to the middle of nowhere instead of to my destination and then the car refuses to go anywhere else until i pay the hacker a bitcoin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

i cant wait until some guy hacks my car to drive me to the middle of nowhere instead of to my destination and then the car refuses to go anywhere else until i pay the hacker a bitcoin canadian tire money

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

remember when fb tried to filter out fake news and conservatives lost their poo poo and ultimately the problem just got worse? yea i give twitter a week before they backtrack and formally codify a rule requiring some unmeetable standard of proof before banning suspected bots

OSAMA OBAMA hmmm are they related???

One of them is a Muslim who tried to destroy the country, and the other one...hmmm

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

if your name is <noun><four-six digits> and you did nothing but retweet macedonian "novelty" news stories, yes, it's possible you could be confused for a bot

firstname(eight digits) usually maga or equivalent left position

yoyoma73924109 has some options about impeachment

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

worth it. unironically totally worth eating a ban from twitter.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Randall is one of those people.

:ohdear:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
roadworks paint "fake" lines on the road all the time

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i don't know about you guys but if i see a nonsensical line across the road i panic and run my car around in big circles like an ant that lost the scent trail

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also

Schadenboner posted:

Randall is one of those people.

:ohdear:

the man has a goddamn ball pit in his home for personal use what did you think his opinions on dumb nerd fantasy technology were gonna be

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

megan

megannnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
At my old job I had a Mennonite coworker who I love dearly but he would get real passionate if you made fun of xkcd, more so than if you presented him a public service opportunity.