Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
basically if the neveragain movement is able to organize and claim political scalps in november, I expect it to actually be able to move policy forward, but that's likely what it will take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
went somewhere for lunch someone was talking about how the kids had a teleprompter

lol. America is rotted to its core

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nichael posted:

I don't know what ska is

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Don't look it up

on the other hand...

LOOKITUPLOOKITUPLOOKITUPLOOKITUP *horns kick in*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TotalHell posted:

gonna buy a derelict home when poo poo hits the fan and I can get one for :10bux:

then i'm gonna recreate the Money Pit as my own YT series and rake in the cash

dunno what ya'll retirement plan is but I got that poo poo figured

just like last time the banks are gonna snap all those up and sit on them long before you can afford one

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

I live for the death of decorum

:killing:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zikan posted:

given they haven't been able to rile up the MAGA CHUDs in every special election, the virgina state elections, and the alabama senate election, i think the turnout potential of russian points has reached a saturation point of of just making the 30% who always vote just madder and madder and is getting swamped by the actual organizing of the liberal and left groups

it’s def a turnout problem, they probably are even past the point where they gain more people and just are losing all but the real diehard crazies as time goes on

compulsory voting would pretty much stop that dead but lol good luck with that in the US, we wouldn’t be us if we couldn’t yell at non-voters/be smug about not voting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Very slowly and reluctantly

and them letting them back in when no one's paying attention

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

I live for the death of decorum

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/funder/status/966356280523804673

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lmao Jim is a public affairs consultant.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Schnorkles posted:

basically if the neveragain movement is able to organize and claim political scalps in november, I expect it to actually be able to move policy forward, but that's likely what it will take.

yeah, they're gonna need to play the long game but they're getting a lot of donations

even just ending up as an anti-gun lobby would help tip the balance on a lot of things

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Robert Plant posted:

I don't remember if Reel Big Fish was in that lineup and I don't feel like looking but those guys are still extremely 90's to the point of irony inversion and they're all drinkers who def wanna die

Just sayin

my wife has seen them several times

they hate themselves and it's very obvious in their music

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I was in a meeting, did the capitol police mace those kids yet?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Internet Webguy posted:

on the other hand...

LOOKITUPLOOKITUPLOOKITUPLOOKITUP *horns kick in*

:slick:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I hate this dude the most out of the e-tier characters.

Apr 7, 2003

I can't believe Euphronius wants the PA GOP to impeach every member of the state supreme court.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

kids are gonna sit down and do the math and realize at 70 we need to be cast into the desert for the good of the tribe

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Internet Webguy posted:

yeah, they're gonna need to play the long game but they're getting a lot of donations

even just ending up as an anti-gun lobby would help tip the balance on a lot of things

I actually tend to agree with the take that as the NRA has taken more extreme positions and become subsumed by the larger republican party that they have gotten weaker. The problem is that there really isn't a good foil to them in the public policy sphere yet. Assuming that this group is able to mobilize and fill the void, it could be very effective but it will take years.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ACT NOW

ON YOUR OWN

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I don't know if they count as ska, but my bro-in-law has opened for Here Come The Mummies twice, and they put on a great show with a rockin brass section

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

as evil as it all is I get the impression that most of what we’re hearing out of the PA GOP is red meat to get people fired up, not a declaration of a real political strategy. they can’t get even a single defection from the senate for this to work, which is a hugely risky vote to try to pin people on, and trying and failing makes them look evil AND incompetent. and even if they do succeed and impeach the justices there’s no guarantee of a good outcome. most of all, these gerrymanders don’t affect the state legislature at all. the PA GOP would be risking their legislative majority in a year when they’re going to be playing defense, for literally no reason. their state-level gerrymander is intact.

I think they can’t afford to back down and look weak because they fear a primary challenge, but actually going for it seems like a really, really bad plan to me. the most likely outcome is they end up having to use that map anyways in November except the state Dems are ridiculously fired up over the transparent power grab.

The history of the GOP is politicians suggesting bad ideas to throw red meat to the base, then the next generation of lunatics takes those bad ideas and runs with them. Rinse and repeat.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
*taking a deep long breath of air inside a garbage truck* mmmmmmm, sustainable

https://twitter.com/foxjust/status/966375495733579776

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robert Plant posted:

I don't remember if Reel Big Fish was in that lineup and I don't feel like looking but those guys are still extremely 90's to the point of irony inversion and they're all drinkers who def wanna die

Just sayin

Main dude from that band is alt-right as gently caress

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i'm still can't get over that nazi pep talk, it's really funny to me.

*extremely southerner voice* "thos drat jews... they want our DIVINE blood... THEY'RE GOIN AFTER BAKED ALASKA"

fuckin lol, good christ

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I did a thing posted:

i'm the Wandering Jew

i liked u in the latest season of fargo

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Truga posted:

Gen Z fits, because it's the last generation before earth kills itself.

There is something after Gen Z but they're too young for Boomers to get mad at and want to label. I assume the primary signifier will be coming of age in a post escalator world, never knowing of decorum.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmao he didn't award any to the ones killed

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Addamere posted:

enslaved as skeleton whores

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

You must see Fishbone if you ever have the chance...I've seen them about 3 times over the many many years...

Angelo Moore is a tremendous showman. I'd say one of the best front men ever.

he's no king khan

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Relevant Tangent posted:

I hate this dude the most out of the e-tier characters.

he said mirage

mirage

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Laffy @GottaLaff :D :) :D

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/966384605900152832

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

eonwe posted:

went somewhere for lunch someone was talking about how the kids had a teleprompter

lol. America is rotted to its core

A solid twenty percent of Americans are going to believe those kids are crisis actors by the end of the month.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the ska dog in animal crossing was nice. a nice friend, who deserved pets and scratches.

Apr 7, 2003

Ron Howard: Unfortunately, she soon found that her life was worth nothing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

juche avocado posted:

the ska dog in animal crossing was nice. a nice friend, who deserved pets and scratches.

:yeah:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

the maharajah of soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

I actually tend to agree with the take that as the NRA has taken more extreme positions and become subsumed by the larger republican party that they have gotten weaker. The problem is that there really isn't a good foil to them in the public policy sphere yet. Assuming that this group is able to mobilize and fill the void, it could be very effective but it will take years.

It's only gonna take another school shooting while the media is unable to take its gaze off what's going on

So it will take *does some math on the back of an envelope* about 6 more hours

In a way it's funny because for decades the NRA enjoyed wielding such influence that nobody would go after them, because it would look terrible for them. Now they're being attacked by literal massacre survivor children and are stuck in the same position of being unable to respond without looking like a huge rear end in a top hat or betraying their rapid base

• Locked thread