Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

junan_paalla posted:

Miners of Bitcoin Latina (what??) SODL, driving the price from $17 to $2, CEO of the shitcoin endeavor melts down on telegram. sfyl

So this "CEO" gave away a bunch of coins with expectation that no one will sell them? And when the gifts got sold on the market, he melted down and called them traitors? What.

Also shows how shallow the trading book for all these shitcoins is. A small % of overall supply gets sold and crashed the price almost to 0. All these market caps are complete BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Rad Russian posted:

So this "CEO" gave away a bunch of coins with expectation that no one will sell them? And when the gifts got sold on the market, he melted down and called them traitors? What.

I feel like I need cliff notes to understand the whole thing, but it seems like it.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Steven Seagal and his BITCOiiN

https://bitcoiin.com/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm still just lurking for CFS to get here.
*Whistle*

So bitcoin has not gotten any smarter huh.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Risc1911 posted:

It's Bitcoin 2.0.

E: I've asked their support guy if they deliver coins to the UK, and the answer is yes!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 21, 2018

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It's Bitcoin 2.0.

E: I've asked their support guy if they deliver coins to the UK, and the answer is yes!

It's Bitcoiin Second Generatiion

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Risc1911 posted:

That website probably cost a lot of butcoins to make

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fallows posted:

That website probably cost a lot of butcoins to make

i'm unable to connect to this site, so it's either experiencing that much traffic, or it never worked to begin with

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here's my full conversation with their support guy called 'Sam'

quote:

Sam
Hello, would you like to talk about how to proceed further?

Me
Yes
Hello
I would like to purchase some coins

Sam
Sure
did you manage to register in our website already?

Me
No, not yet. Do you deliver to the UK?

Sam
Yes
we cater globally

Me
That's brilliant

Sam
to become the part of the next generation of the Bitcoin there are only 3 steps :
Step 1: Sign up with Bitcoiin 2Gen.
Step 2: Activate your Bitcoiin2Gen account by verifying your email, please find the activation link in your registered email inbox or spam folder.
Step 3: Once you signed in you will be able to so see your Dashboard, the next step for you would be to purchase some tokens (B2G) from your investment dashboard. below the dashboard, you have options to buy B2G by Bitcoin, Ether and Credit Cards. During our ICO period, the price for 1 B2G is $5.
Once you complete the payment and the transaction is confirmed, tokens will be added to your balance automatically.

Me
Okay, I'll give it a go.

Sam
sure2

Me
But is there any warranty period on those coins?

Sam
you can email me at Sam@bitcoiin.com if you need assitance
once you made a payment it will be automatically converted in to B2G coins
and after 33 days
we will be in all major exchange
by that time you can trade it to any crypto coins or convert it to fiat currency

Me
That's wonderful. Will I be able to convert to Shmeckels?

Sam
our conservative estimation after 33 days from $5 it will be around 15-$20 dollars per coin

Me
That's not bad at all.

Sam
yeah actually and it depends also in the market
but as of now
based on the demand
it will be higher that the estimated price

Me
Is there a way for me to print my coins for a cold storage?

Sam
no sir, once it will be live
you will have your own wallet
where you can store all the B2G coins

Me
Ah, makes sense

Sam
if you need any assistance just email me at Sam@bitcoiin.com

Me
Thank you very much.

Sam
My pleasure sir! hope to hear from you soon

It's definitely not a terrible scam, imo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You'll get my schmeckels when you dig them out of my cold dead rear end!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm a booby buyer

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

From the BITCOiiN Whitepaper: Projected B2G price in December 2018 at $388 for one B2G

https://bitcoiin.com/code/theme/default/pdf/Bitcoiin-Whitepaper-compressed2.pdf

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
What's the B2G / neo-shekel rate though

Also is it for real? As in, it's not a joke, and Steven Seagal got paid what I imagine is quite a bit of money to put his name on it? What a world we live in

Also that's a lot of words on the website but I'm pretty sure it's the same old poo poo as any other coin and 99.9% of people buying into this poo poo will be buying because they think others will buy because Steven Seagal.

Also yes, of course everyone will have a perfectly predictable 7000%+ increase in their investment in just 8 months, that's how economies work.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 22, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Pochoclo posted:

Steven Seagal got paid what I imagine is quite a bit of money to put his name on it?

The comedy option is that he got paid solely in funnymoney on the promise that it'd increase in value

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Rad Russian posted:

Also shows how shallow the trading book for all these shitcoins is. A small % of overall supply gets sold and crashed the price almost to 0. All these market caps are complete BS.

No sell only HODL

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
TFW 0.57 Etherium shows up in your account and you have no record of it whatsoever in your buy or deposit logs.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

wide stance posted:

TFW 0.57 Etherium shows up in your account and you have no record of it whatsoever in your buy or deposit logs.

Uh that's mine. Please give it back.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Lol at the thought of using accounts anywhere since the entire point is be your own bank

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Minimalist Program posted:

*In voice of a chinese man proudly giving a VICE crew a tour of his rear end facility*: we many rear end here, big time;

Is this a legitimate outlet for investing in your rear end?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Confucius say: man cannot eat bitcoin, but man can eat rear end.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Confusedius say: buy bitcoin, hodl, lambo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I just want to say that while I was on probation I spent a lot of time observing the crypto discussion other places and I've seen about two dozen people say the exact same thing about Technical Analysis and none of them are ever right.

The cycle every time is

1.) Someone asks what the price of BTC will be
2.) Someone gives them a digital psychic reading
3.) Someone calls their digital psychic reading bullshit
4.) Someone backs up what they are saying with the same buzzwords "Self Fulfilling prophecy!" "Psychology of the masses!"
5.) The price does the opposite of what they claim

It's like I'm living in groundhog day as Einstein #37 slowly walks everyone through his dawning realization that trends and patterns exist like it's something they are just discovering.

The worst one by far though is the guy that got tired of being one of dozens of people parroting "Head and Shoulders!" "Bulltrap!" "Bear Market!" and he instead adopted Japanese terminology.

quote:

Millerb7 {UTC -5} - Last Saturday at 10:48 PM
@Cibelle I use Ichimoku to find my in and then Fractals and Oscillators for the actual entry point.
Ichimoku is my love child.
Is this the start of the pull down to the Tenkan line? More runs down closer to $10k to come?

It's really weird how all of these people who have totally figured the market out are scrambling for pennies on 500 different price spikes every day.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 22, 2018

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
#Year of the Doge

http://bitcoinist.com/worlds-most-miserable-country-to-launch-its-own-cryptocurrency-today/

Bitcoinist.com posted:

DOGECOIN’S ‘SERIOUS’ YEAR?

Dogethereum (DOGX), which shares its name with the Rinkeby project known as Dogethereum Bridge, is looking to branch off from the Dogecoin chain in fall. This would constitute Dogecoin’s first ever hard fork.

“Dogethereum is new decentralized digital currency, it will be founded on snapshot of popular Dogecoin, based on ETH algorithm with fastest speed of transactions, smart contracts,” developers describe on Bitcointalk Monday.

“Our goal it to push Doge currencies to the brand new direction, with no ASIC mining, speed and simplicity.”

Dogethereum Bridge came about as part of Ethereum’s truebit technology – a plan to help the largest altcoin scale to meet user demand.

On February 5, engineers managed to send DOGE to Rinkeby, marking a major step in cryptocurrency interoperation and sparking renewed interest in the altcoin many assumed was simply a meme in cryptocurrency form.

https://twitter.com/iz_me_alex/status/965586562686865409

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Warning: rear end is not FDIC insured.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What's the rate of rear end to Venezuelan Petro?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Domestic Amuse posted:

Warning: rear end is not FDIC insured.

My rear end is too big to fail.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
My rear end is like the body of Christ. Round and feeds millions

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
My rear end has been drawing lots of media attention lately due to its wild movements. Lots of people are looking to get rich quick by speculating on my rear end.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

They should peg doge's value to the number of virtual shiba inus that all you sick jerks left to die when you abandoned your games of nintendogs

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

so wise....

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i dont like to eat rear end

only balls

can i invest in someones dick and or balls please i want to get into cryptocurrency so bad

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bitcoin is stored in the balls.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cryptonerds constantly.jacking themselves off is the opposite of hodling

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

My rear end is like the body of Christ. Round and feeds millions

And actually 100% cracker.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i think you will find that many balls are stored in bitcoins

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
People say don't out all your eggs in one basket but I believed in the project so much that I did. I put everything I had in crypto investment (50% of my life savings) into nano near ATH. As the price started dropping, I put in the remaining 50% of my life savings to dollar cost average because I genuinely believed that with the rebranding, binance announcement, I would see a profit but the price kept dropping.

I was an idiot to buy using bitgrail instead of kucoin and now I have officially lost everything due to the alleged hack. I wish I could have withdrawn to my wallet but withdrawals were disabled.

I was also an idiot to put in more than I could lose. Money I had saved up by working so hard. I lost $120,000.

I believe in the project and idk how I am going to live with myself watching the price of nano soar over the months without me not having anything to invest in it.

Please don't do what I did. Please be cautious with your investments, diversify, and don't invest more than you are willing to lose. I know we all think that won't happen but you can...like I did...your money, your happiness and most importantly, your mental health.

This is so depressing. I feel so defeated in life. This was money that was going to go to my further education, my wedding, honeymoon, any travel plans, my downpayment. This puts me back at least 7-8 years in my life.

EDIT: Thanks for all the messages, they really mean a lot. I am as disgusted and disappointed in myself about all the ways this could have been avoided as some of you are.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You absolutely can guarantee that person means “other cryptos” when they say diversify your investments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
At what point can we start calling them cryptocommodities instead of cryptocurrencies?