Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

gvibes posted:

Why the hell does darius need a buff?

He has to actually work for his triple kills now, that's unacceptable.

E: Awww yeah, time for more of the worst idea, Middlesticks.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Orv posted:

E: Awww yeah, time for more of the worst idea, Middlesticks.
:confused: These changes nerf Middlesticks out of viability though? They totally remove his bonus damage to minions, which was the only thing that let you play him mid previously (via having insane push and thus roam potential).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

:confused: These changes nerf Middlesticks out of viability though? They totally remove his bonus damage to minions, which was the only thing that let you play him mid previously (via having insane push and thus roam potential).

I only play Middlesticks because I'm in the realm of bads where people don't know to stand away from the creeps, and now I can throw my balloon animals even more often.

Like I said it's not a good idea.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gvibes posted:

Why the hell does darius need a buff?

Actual serious answer, Darius currently neither brings enough power to threaten the supertanks currently in meta (Sion, Ornn) while also having trouble against certain squishier carry toplaners who Darius should be able to chew through (Gangplank, Camille), and he's a damage-heavy Juggernaut who ideally only wants to build Cleaver (and occasionally Titanic Hydra) so he can still act as a tank for his team, so they're giving him more opportunities to put more damage on people and get rolling.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
The trackers knife removal seems like it will change pro play a lot. Will we just see junglers build support items?

Monathin posted:

Actual serious answer, Darius currently neither brings enough power to threaten the supertanks currently in meta (Sion, Ornn) while also having trouble against certain squishier carry toplaners who Darius should be able to chew through (Gangplank, Camille), and he's a damage-heavy Juggernaut who ideally only wants to build Cleaver (and occasionally Titanic Hydra) so he can still act as a tank for his team, so they're giving him more opportunities to put more damage on people and get rolling.
I am probably overly win rate--focused, but he has a >50% win rate despite those weaknesses.

e: I just want bigger buffs for renekton.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

He's sitting at about 50% Winrate for Platinum and higher according to Lolalytics, though that's admittedly being influenced that there are a few matchups that -really- gently caress Darius up (Teemo, Yorick, Singed)

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Vermain posted:

Like the replay I did for the other dude, this will mostly be stream of consciousness:

Excellent analysis, I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I think you're spot on about me prioritizing objectives. I remember the part where I favored taking dragon over the tower, and I recall thinking a few seconds after heading that direction: "should I have taken tower instead? oh well, I'm already committed". I'm glad you brought attention to that part.

Couple of questions.

1. Why does switching top and bottom make sense (your comment at 8:38)? I want to give it a try, but want to understand what the reasoning is so I can explain it when it comes up and I make a shotcall.
2. You mentioned Sejuani not benefitting from items as much compared to others. Good point. How do you feel about Warwick and Shyvana? Those are the other two junglers I play the most.

I'm not at home to watch the replays right this moment. Those are just questions that came to mind immediately. Might have some more later. Actually, are you on the Discord? Might make sense to communicate there rather than clutter up the thread (unless it is a benefit for others to see some of this analysis and back-and-forth).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Amish Ninja posted:

1. Why does switching top and bottom make sense (your comment at 8:38)? I want to give it a try, but want to understand what the reasoning is so I can explain it when it comes up and I make a shotcall.

The basic logic is that, unless the current drake is exceptionally valuable (like Infernal), you want to put more bodies topside both to control Herald and to take top outer. Two people can apply more pressure than one person to an outer turret, especially if one of them is an ADC. You want to ideally clear the map of outer turrets by the time Baron spawns in order to gain more map movement and the bonus gold outer turrets provide.

quote:

2. You mentioned Sejuani not benefitting from items as much compared to others. Good point. How do you feel about Warwick and Shyvana? Those are the other two junglers I play the most.

Shyv's kinda fallen off and she's about to eat a substantial nerf in 8.4, so I probably wouldn't touch her. Warwick is incredibly solid and becomes a nightmare to try and deal with if he gets ahead, and I think he's a good champ for climbing as jungle.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Rygar201 posted:

I'm not wild about the Xin Nerf, but I ever been mainly playing Udyr this season anyway

I'm a little bummed too but I can objectively say he probably needed this. It doesn't appear to be too severe

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

All of you loving animals who wish for volibear to be good need to be sent back to the hell meta of season 4 or whenever the gently caress they super buffed him and made him the highest damage jungler and let him be literally unkillable. That poo poo was un-loving-playable bad

I honestly don't, I've played bot vs. fed volibears with 2 full items at like 12 mins when he has more than 3k hp and can 3 hit carries

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Vermain posted:

The basic logic is that, unless the current drake is exceptionally valuable (like Infernal), you want to put more bodies topside both to control Herald and to take top outer. Two people can apply more pressure than one person to an outer turret, especially if one of them is an ADC. You want to ideally clear the map of outer turrets by the time Baron spawns in order to gain more map movement and the bonus gold outer turrets provide.

Shyv's kinda fallen off and she's about to eat a substantial nerf in 8.4, so I probably wouldn't touch her. Warwick is incredibly solid and becomes a nightmare to try and deal with if he gets ahead, and I think he's a good champ for climbing as jungle.

First part makes sense.

Yeah, I think you're right about Shyvana. For a while she was my ticket to victory, but I might want to come up with an alternative third jungle champion slot. Warwick feels better at all stages of the game though; Good gank potential at level 3, builds tankier, still impactful in the late game as well.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Today in :riot:

• Activating Gragas' W - Drunken Rage while attacking an inhibitor will no longer cause him to path towards the blue side fountain
  • Fixed a bug where Corrupting Potion could not be used if a Mana Potion was currently in use

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boxman posted:

Today in :riot:

• Activating Gragas' W - Drunken Rage while attacking an inhibitor will no longer cause him to path towards the blue side fountain
  • Fixed a bug where Corrupting Potion could not be used if a Mana Potion was currently in use
I understand how that second one could happen. I have no idea how the first one could.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why is nobody talking about how Tracker Knife was straight up removed and Lee Sin will probably be Real Bad since sightstone is gated behind support items.

Orv
May 4, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Why is nobody talking about how Tracker Knife was straight up removed and Lee Sin will probably be Real Bad since sightstone is gated behind support items.

Everyone is quietly cool with this.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
There are still pink wards. Of course the game has a changed a ton in the meantime but Lee Sin was at his most dominating back when he had to pay 75g per ward hop.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yellow trinket and control Wards still exist in this game

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

As a gold scrub, I'm ok with a meta where nobody on my team wants to pick Lee

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Gray Matter posted:

As a gold scrub, I'm ok with a meta where nobody on my team wants to pick Lee

The Lee mains sub is :discourse: right now

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsCmTq-Hr7Q

Don't worry y'all, in addition to being a generic titty assassin visually she also has the most generic personality in ages

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Imagine designing a champ in 2018 with as cool a concept as getting stranded in the void for years and having to remake herself to survive and escape and phoning in the writing/visuals this hard

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Amish Ninja posted:

First part makes sense.

Yeah, I think you're right about Shyvana. For a while she was my ticket to victory, but I might want to come up with an alternative third jungle champion slot. Warwick feels better at all stages of the game though; Good gank potential at level 3, builds tankier, still impactful in the late game as well.

I'm not 100% sure in terms of the meta, but you might try out Vi, her ult and her Q can give you some of the engage you get with shyv, with some actual CC at the cost of some damage output.

j4 is on a bit of a downslide lately but he's also pretty solid.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

I'm not 100% sure in terms of the meta, but you might try out Vi, her ult and her Q can give you some of the engage you get with shyv, with some actual CC at the cost of some damage output.

j4 is on a bit of a downslide lately but he's also pretty solid.

Auuuugh I always ban Vi because I hate her so much, so you're probably right that I should pick her up. All other suggestions welcome.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monicro posted:

Imagine designing a champ in 2018 with as cool a concept as getting stranded in the void for years and having to remake herself to survive and escape and phoning in the writing/visuals this hard

You'd think being trapped in Actual Hell for multiple years and having to bond with a Guyver suit would gently caress you up a little bit, but she sounds and acts like a bad audition for a Caitlyn VGU. I don't need them to go all grimdark or anything, but she should probably hiss occasionally or something.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

You'd think being trapped in Actual Hell for multiple years and having to bond with a Guyver suit would gently caress you up a little bit, but she sounds and acts like a bad audition for a Caitlyn VGU. I don't need them to go all grimdark or anything, but she should probably hiss occasionally or something.

Kassadin: acquired a shitload of magic/forbidden armor and tools to survive the void which got torn through immediately, had to let the void consume him in order to survive making him a floaty teleporty ghost man

Malzahar: tripped into a puddle of void, lost his mind and may or may not have a head

Kai'Sa: trapped in the void with nothing for long enough to have a void name, maintains accent/cleavage

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

Monicro posted:

Kassadin: acquired a shitload of magic/forbidden armor and tools to survive the void which got torn through immediately, had to let the void consume him in order to survive making him a floaty teleporty ghost man

Malzahar: tripped into a puddle of void, lost his mind and may or may not have a head

Kai'Sa: trapped in the void with nothing for long enough to have a void name, maintains accent/cleavage

Hey. Some people just have that strong of a sense of self.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what? you're like, so so wrong lmao

No, that's correct and Challenger ADCs will attest to it, but the problem is that if you don't have easy targets to stack Rageblade on Varus just isn't the best pick you could have made. Thankfully, meta dictates that you pretty much always will even if you FP him.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Ormi posted:

No, that's correct and Challenger ADCs will attest to it, but the problem is that if you don't have easy targets to stack Rageblade on Varus just isn't the best pick you could have made. Thankfully, meta dictates that you pretty much always will even if you FP him.

Cite your sources.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I mean you can probably do an okay job building crit against some teams but a cursory glance over probuilds shows a single non-rageblade game before I got tired of clicking and I don't remember seeing him build anything else in pro play either.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Rygar201 posted:

Cite your sources.

xFSN Saber has gone into Rageblade's strengths and weaknesses in some detail on his stream. What I was saying is the analysis is correct, but you aren't actually better off buying crit on Varus almost ever if you aren't against a completely clowny composition, because 2+ safe stacking sources is almost universal.

E: For clarification, though, that category isn't just limited to tanks, it includes the current crop of successful bruisers like Camille, Rhaast, ever-present Lee and Udyr, and also weird ones like Ivern because of Daisy, etc.

Ormi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 22, 2018

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Monicro posted:

Don't worry y'all, in addition to being a generic titty assassin visually she also has the most generic personality in ages

It's like one of my Japanese anime (dubs)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kiranamos posted:

It's like one of my Japanese anime (dubs)

I mean, if they wanted to just give me this, I ain't complaining. As it is, she's got all the personality and characterization of damp cardboard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I know, right? We should be throwing a party.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Monicro posted:

Just how I like my titty assassins

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Illaoi is super fun, though I still am not sure exactly how all the mechanics work.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I really don't like the removal of Tracker's. I built that poo poo on almost every jungler :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smol posted:

I really don't like the removal of Tracker's. I built that poo poo on almost every jungler :(

that's why they removed it :ssh:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tracker’s Knife slows the game down incredibly hard mid and late, especially with zombie ward. Simply, there are just too many drat wards in the game and it’s too easy to strangle teams to death with even the smallest vision into the opposite side of the map.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

This is why I'm not master tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol I mean what is the context though,

Kills, towers etc