Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

particularly in the east coast the norm tends to be each county or county-equivalent being its own school district (with some exceptions like a large city covering multiple counties) so for people like me who grew up with that system it's always :psyduck: to find put about independent school districts that arent just "the county" or "the city"

pa is not this way so i was confused when i saw other places do the opposite! more than one high school in a single district what the gently caress???

but then i was like wait that probably makes more sense they can pool district wide (administrative etc) resources and also distribute money etc slightly more equitably than having a one-school district like most of pa

anyway are you still serving promotional TRUMP fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

That's not how it is in most states? That's how Illinois is too. Sometimes it's not even k-12, it's several k-8 districts feeding into one high school

I really don't know what they do in other states. But the redundancy of having every ISD with it's own school board and its own budget and its own administration system is just a huge waste of money.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

good links to research on terminal broke-brainedness

https://twitter.com/JoeUscinski/status/966415408357093377

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Muppets On PCP posted:

she has no idea what she's walking into with that town hall it's gonna be hilarious

she's gonna bring a gun and point it directly at the audience and then go TRIGGERED LIBS? when they duck

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

she has no idea what she's walking into with that town hall it's gonna be hilarious

shes gonna shoot a kid

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

the bitcoin of weed posted:

oh hey im in tampa wheres my drink

lets drink next week imo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Seriously though the minute the first lawsuit is filed this superintendent is gonna lose his job and career haha

lol no if he actually got fired he'll just get hired by some other school system probably in another state

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

2DCAT posted:

I actually do (next week) but not sure if there's enough time to get through the gates and catch the next flight to my important meeting... nowhere

youre living my dream :swoon:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
e: deleted?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I wouldn't get too excited. CNN is going to enforce decorum and neither side will really get a chance to fully say their piece and it will be blue balls all around.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

lol you're being groomed to take over some department

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

do any of you old people remember walking out to protest not making mlk day a holiday

im so old i stood up and declared myself spartacus

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gringostar posted:

exactly

not only that, I'm pretty sure there is a very good 1st amendment case that the school district would get owned on in hilarious fashion

this will backfire and it will be amazing to watch

:suspense:

google Bong hits 4 jesus. Kids have no rights

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

school districts in texas get paid for students showing up so it'd be a very trump move of that superintendent to do.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ruzihm posted:

oh ya, so that was hillary's warning about pepe. I don't think i ever got around to seeing it first hand.

:abuela: The Emerging Racist Ideology Known As The Alt. Right. "PEPE!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Corny posted:

it's the height of hypocrisy because she and all her ilk ARE the powers of this dark world, they propogate the evil which this new testament passage proclaims to fight against. she's absolutely evil.

iirc revelations has all this stuff in it about the antichrist and the false church and it's described exactly like american evangelical christianity and yet the irony seems to be lost on everybody

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

particularly in the east coast the norm tends to be each county or county-equivalent being its own school district (with some exceptions like a large city covering multiple counties) so for people like me who grew up with that system it's always :psyduck: to find put about independent school districts that arent just "the county" or "the city"

haha, you are like a little baby, check this poo poo out:

Over 40 school districts for 1.35 million people and ~740 square miles.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

2DCAT posted:

lets drink next week imo

oh poo poo , :thunk:in about drivin out

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

SHOOT JIZZ NOT BULLETS

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

bonghits was wrongly decided and wouldnt hold up on a retrial, also it's limited in scope and doesnt apply here

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

its bad imo op

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Gringostar posted:

that was a pretty narrow ruling that applied to promoting drug use

this is literally promoting "I don't want to be loving murdered"

The speech violated school anti-drug policy is why the penalty was upheld. Wouldn't skipping school, no matter what good intentions, violate school policy?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

2DCAT posted:

Beginning March 5th

oh cool

i might be there for work i'll let you know

u can come chill at the hangar

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
listening session in like 5 minutes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

oh cool

i might be there for work i'll let you know

u can come chill at the hangar

You guys should make out when he visits.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

I actually do (next week) but not sure if there's enough time to get through the gates and catch the next flight to my important meeting... nowhere

the less time you have to spend in charlotte the better

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

how do these kids own so hard

https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/966297383494701057

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Dinesh your gay

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

Dinesh your gay

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Corny posted:

this was the exact ad i was thinking of when i made my post lmao

i actually can not articulate how horrid of a monster she is. i'm not familiar with the new testament since im a (((jew))) but i had to look up what the tat on her arm references (ephesians 6:12-13) and uh

it's the height of hypocrisy because she and all her ilk ARE the powers of this dark world, they propogate the evil which this new testament passage proclaims to fight against. she's absolutely evil.

it's double stupid because everyone knows hellspawn demons are immune to bullets, doesn't amtter what physical form they take

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

good 2 know it's a highly controversial and also extremely political opinion to not want to be shot and killed while getting an education

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

that didn't overturn Tinker!!!!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You guys should make out when he visits.

have u ever tried to make out with a plane you loving weirdo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I want to read then uncensored 2dcat story. The pins, the pain, the retrowave, the secret billions. All of it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
fuk u tromp
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966420452070559749

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Trust me, watch this. Seriously it is worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIGBCcfKZg

one of the greats, among many great moments in 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Barks posted:

Dinesh your gay

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

Dinesh your gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blatzmobile posted:

The speech violated school anti-drug policy is why the penalty was upheld. Wouldn't skipping school, no matter what good intentions, violate school policy?

go look at a summary of the case popehat references

• Locked thread