Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Rees-Mogg bird - Chris Riddell on truth and other casualties of war"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Pence skips Olympics dinner in snub to North Korean officials

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

'cloud cuckoo land'.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He didn't label it, how will anyone ever know?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I thought "castles in the air", which also works. But "cloud cuckoo land" works much better.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the road to Brexit – A second EU referendum would divide the UK again but Labour would not rule out further “democratic engagement”, John McDonnell has said, ahead of a series of speeches by cabinet ministers on Britain’s future after Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Oxfam faces losing funding as crisis grows over abuse claims

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Oxfam sexual abuse scandal – Oxfam faces claims of sexual misconduct by aid workers in Haiti and Chad"

Telegraph:

Independent:

May fails to reach deal to restore Northern Ireland power-sharing

Times:

EU endgame is political unity not free trade, argues Boris Johnson; Peter Rabbit film criticised for depicting 'allergy bullying'

Evening Standard:

Philip Hammond embarks on Brexit charm offensive amid fears France is deliberately stalling negotiations; Pancake Day: Why Shrove Tuesday is a thing

Mail:
Mac on… GP waiting lists

David Squires:

After Nike.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen and the Commonwealth – A high-level group of leaders met to review Commonwealth governance – amid a report that it will also discuss the succession to the Queen"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson warns thwarting Brexit vote would be disastrous

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... sexual harassment

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

FOM

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

loving die already you lovely old dinosaur, mad you can't grab the arse of passing women half your age without consequences anymore. Pathetic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Oxfam sexual abuse scandal – Oxfam faces claims of sexual misconduct by aid workers in Haiti and Chad"

this is loving great

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's Brexit speech – Foreign secretary has delivered a speech urging remainers to see the benefits of leaving the EU"

Telegraph:

Times:

Tenants should have 'default right' to pets - Labour

Evening Standard:

Florida shooting: grieving community pleads for end to gun carnage

Mail:
Mac on... Labour's plans for tenants' pets rights

Guardian Australian Sport:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the good Mac. Feed all landlords to sneks.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Florida school shooting – Seventeen people have been killed as the US endured another horrifying school shooting at the hands of a teenage gunman"

Telegraph:

Talks to restore power-sharing government in Northern Ireland collapse

Times:

Ramaphosa vows anti-corruption drive as he takes over in South Africa

Evening Standard:

Angela Merkel 'curious' about UK's Brexit plan, but not 'frustrated'

Mail:
Mac on...Max Mosley

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Mac.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's not a brick wall of a fight over Norn Irn, there's just no need to share the power when you can strong-arm all of it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress off, Brookes.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Corbyn-Cat would make for heck of an avatar

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

gently caress off Mac.

Nah, Max Moseley is even more of a oval office than Mac.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Does anyone else find the cartoons on mass shootings/terrorist events in bad taste? I mean there are so many of them these days that it feels like there is no poignancy about it and instead it has become a weird ritual :/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

GTO posted:

Nah, Max Moseley is even more of a oval office than Mac.
The argument is against press regulation, Max Moseley is purely incidental.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Arguing against press regulation is generally a good thing though, the UK has some of the most restrictive press laws already.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the stretching property ladder – New research shows rising house prices have reduced home ownership among the young by half in 20 years" After Fuseli.

Telegraph:

Independent backlog:

Homeless man dies on 'doorstep' of Houses of Parliament

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GTO posted:

Arguing against press regulation is generally a good thing though, the UK has some of the most restrictive press laws already.

We also have some of the worst press so clearly our terrible restrictive laws haven't stopped them yet.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Dabir posted:

We also have some of the worst press so clearly our terrible restrictive laws haven't stopped them yet.
I gather Impress is an independent regulator set up after Leveson and the papers are hosed off about it getting a royal charter because they think renaming the Press Complaints Commission so that it's called independent more than solves any problems it had. Mosley's family charity donated to a trust that was set up to fund a new regulator, ergo it's all the sinister machinations of a pervert and a disgraceful slur against the good name of our noble free press.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bob supports a united Ireland?

I do prefer the pre-1801 Union Flag, but I'm curious what the message is. Most likely he forgot what the flag looks like. Relieved that he didn't go for an historical flag for Germany.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent backlog:

No shower head 6/10

Which obligates this:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lots of asses

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Kurtofan posted:

lots of asses

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THE CABINET AHAHAAHAHAAHHAAHAH

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Howls of grief fall upon deaf ears - Chris Riddell on Donald Trump’s response to the Florida school shooting"

Sunday Telegraph:

Corbyn 'The Collaborator': Czech Communist spy reveals how he recruited Labour leader in the Cold War and used him as an 'asset' to create network of informants in Russian operation

Independent on Sunday:

Mueller charges 13 Russians with interfering in US election to help Trump

Sunday Times:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

...what?!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Allow me to unwrap this mystery

Matthew Zarb-Cousin posted:

On what information Corbyn provided

Sarkocy: “I’ll tell you this. I knew what Thatcher would have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and what she would wear for the next day.”

Sarkocy then claims Czechoslovakia was behind a concert at Wembley and when asked if it was Live Aid says: “I did that.”

“We finally made a concert in Wembley. It was funded by Czechoslovakia. I did that. He maintained good contacts with Mandela’s wife. Women are a good source.”
On being asked if they met three times, as the records indicate

Sarkocy: “It's not important what's in the records. There was much shredding. Clearly, there were more meetings. It was in such intellectual circles.”

even shorter version; someone who is either mentally unwell or a seriously non-functional compulsive liar claims he personally organised Live Aid as a czech spy, with the help of paid communist czech spy Jeremy Corbyn, and that the records of the times Corbyn met him (and did nothing) are actually the sole remnants of the total forgery of all British government records for an extended period to hide mass communist infiltration, organised by Czechoslovakia and Jeremy Corbyn. Which is nonsense because the UK is very open about its Berlin Wall era mass communist infiltration these days.

The tabloids are using this source to claim Jeremy Corbyn is, literally, a communist spy.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Corbycat is pro av material right there

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Theresa May’s Brexit demands – Prime minister says EU nationals coming to Britain during a transition deal should enjoy fewer rights than those already in the country"

Telegraph:

Three Billboards triumphs as Time's Up dominates the 2018 Baftas

Independent:

Ukip members vote to oust Henry Bolton as leader

Times:

Evening Standard:

May warns universities over high cost of tuition fees

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Oh, they're milking the "spy drama". :(

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May’s tuition fee plans – Theresa May is to press ahead with attempts to force universities to charge less for some courses based on their costs and potential graduate earnings"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Davis: Brexit will not plunge Britain into 'Mad Max dystopia'

David Squires:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/PaulThomas992/s...90%7Ctwterm%5E3

A comic from former Express man Paul Thomas. It's not very good, as you'd expect

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I miss the big man Paul

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Davis's speech on EU regulation – There will be no race to the bottom when it comes to the UK’s future standards, asserted the Brexit secretary"

Telegraph:

Hundreds of KFC shops closed as storage depot awaits registration (see also)

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jacob Rees-Mogg's Brexiteers lay down red lines in 'ransom note' letter to Theresa May

Mail:
Mac on... Corbyn’s ‘spy’ denial

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Mac is just way too outlandish to strike me as sincere.

The Brooke, on the other hand, is lazy and can gently caress Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Kind of odd that "Stasi" was used, as that was the East German secret police guys. I'm a USAer so I have no idea if Corbyn has/had any E. German connections, or it could be Mac is stuck in time somewhere prior to Jan 1992.