Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I loving called the "armed crossing guards and lunch ladies" thing in previous Trump thread (I think - it might have been this one).

I said they should have grenade launchers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

serious posting, not that long ago states ran huge mental health hospitals that housed honestly thousands of patients. they were huge and had huge dorm-style buildings to house people who needed help. and heck, they got it. it wasn't the best, but it was certainly better than what happened which was defunding and privatization.

even now at least in NJ if you are having a psychotic episode you can show up to a hospital, get held for a good period of time, but then transferred to a long-term care facility. the problem is that those facilities are full and often times these people have families or other people they need to support, so they purposely avoid treating a psychotic break / depression and just keep working until they off themselves or others. there's just not enough resources to treat people chronically, they just throw them some antipsychotics and hope for the best

mental institutions were monstrous abusive piles of poo poo that needed to be shut down and the current situation is leaps and bounds better because even if the facilities are poorly funded, they're not all locked in a padded gym in their own poo poo and fed out of a trough, or strapped down to a bed for their entire life

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
omg Trump now suggesting locking people up and tossing them in mental hospitals if they are suspected of maybe shooting people

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
oh is there like a trump thing happening rn?

no thx u

bbl

(and no, certainly not 4 that poo poo)

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
DAT COACH VERY BRAVE

COACH HAVE GUN KILL BAD MAN

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ADEPT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the internet was filled with crap lmao

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Grey Fox posted:

this dude just simply doesn't understand the concept of prevention

just not even a concept the guy can fathom

how is prevention real if the future isn’t real

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
sooo my take out of this is there's gonna be more school shootings

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

shovelbum posted:

is it ok to say that if they were gonna vote R in midterms/2020 then lol chud on chud violence

they’ll never get to vote so we will never know

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

CommanderApaul posted:

Oh god he's talking out his rear end right now

jim carry style?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
'he should have been nabbed, a couple of times, frankly'

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

thank you ronald reagan

your legacy is intact

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Trump keeps acting like he's inventing concealed carry

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The school already had an armed guard and it didn't help.

jfc ffs fu

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

can't find enough chud kids but they sure can find enough chud parents

well that's because all the chud kids have been riddled with bullets

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are there going to be any TRUMP challengers to romney making GBS threads on him for being a carpetbagger rino yankee or inventing obamacare

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

IT CHUFFS ME HUFFS

also the school had two armed guards, but when they heard gunshots they feared for their lives and ran

there were also cops but but they too feared for their lives, so they stood around the parking lot for 40 minutes while somebody tried to convince a swat team that yes it really is in their contract that they have to go in even when it's not a sleeping family they can flashbang but an actual armed shooter with a real gun

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Philthy posted:

jfc ffs fu

just didn't have enough duh

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
If only there were more guns, none of this would happen. There just aren't enough guns to stop these gun murders!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
lmao if the chuds use this as an excuse to funnel money into cops, or some kind of chud school police force

just fuckin lmao

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
"if he had a firearm he wouldn't have been shot" you motherfucker

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
DO IT YOU FAT BITCH! FUND A MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM. I FUCKIN DARE YOU.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ok not laughing anymore now we're in the hosed up territory

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Consummate Professional posted:

sooo my take out of this is there's gonna be more school shootings

except it will be lunch ladies unloading into that kid that always takes two brownies

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

zegermans posted:

mental institutions were monstrous abusive piles of poo poo that needed to be shut down and the current situation is leaps and bounds better because even if the facilities are poorly funded, they're not all locked in a padded gym in their own poo poo and fed out of a trough, or strapped down to a bed for their entire life

they're prisons zegermans

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mental institutions are bad. reagan's failing was not funding community integrated living arrangements, not closing the institutions.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

what a major league chew piece of poo poo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Philthy posted:

jfc ffs fu

there's like empirical evidence of multiple instances of the "good guy with a gun" situation failing miserably

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zegermans posted:

those were the old style insane asylums which improved dramatically until they got turned into dust

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
make teachers carry pocket sand

cant shoot all the kids if you cant see your red dot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GobiasIndustries posted:

ok not laughing anymore now we're in the hosed up territory

counterpoint: now im laughing harder

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hahahaha this is great

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lmao the dumbest possible timeline

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966435970152304643

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving cowboy teachers

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's called a concealed carry. You wouldn't have heard of it, probably.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
you know these shootings only happen at public schools

shut down all the public schools bing bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Duscat posted:

also the school had two armed guards, but when they heard gunshots they feared for their lives and ran

there were also cops but but they too feared for their lives, so they stood around the parking lot for 40 minutes while somebody tried to convince a swat team that yes it really is in their contract that they have to go in even when it's not a sleeping family they can flashbang but an actual armed shooter with a real gun

Sounds like the police need some commissars in their ranks

• Locked thread