Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Normal brain: let's talk common sense gun legislation

Broken brain: ARM THE HOME EC TEAHCRES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I think they're going for a kindergarten cop angle

E: An arnold for every school. I could get behind that.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The POTUS: "...if you had a teacher who is adept at firearms, who could end the attack very quickly..."

lmfao

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

old beast lunatic posted:

If they start talking about ED209s holler and I'll tune in.

I'm waiting for the suggestion of suicide vests like the opening scene of Swordfish connected to heartbeat monitors so as son as the shooter kills one person they all go off and everyone dies in a hail of ball bearings and MAGA

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wait, airline pilots carry guns???

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Meadow, the one with the cans, yes Meadow likes it

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

omfg a show of hands for who's in favor of arming teachers. jfc

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

The Walrus posted:

wait, airline pilots carry guns???

Yeah and when the school shooting alarm goes off they crash the plane into the school

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

The solution to the gun problem is more guns.

It’s all so obvious.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Smirr posted:

The POTUS: "...if you had a teacher who is adept at firearms, who could end the attack very quickly..."

lmfao

chris kyle was v adept at firearms and his brains still got blown out

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

This country is so hosed up

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bape Culture posted:

America is a cult

Went and shot a bunch of guns with my dipshit dad who I'm not close to, and it freaked me out. People spend all this money and sperg out on them and i get the sense that they all desperately hope they'll get to use them on people one day, because target shooting is boring as hell. Guns suck, and the people that collect them should be somewhere in the guillotine lineup.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I want a grim noir Max Payne style story where a hungover protagonist with three days worth of five-o-clock shadow rolls out of bed, slugs some whiskey and straps on his underarm holster. His job, Geography teacher.

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

I suppose they've all been cherry-picked, but is nobody there going to sack up and suggest banning assault weapons as a good first step?

Edit: Here we go.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What about bazookas?

Why not give guidance counselors bazookas?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Tiny Lowtax posted:

The solution to the gun problem is more guns.

It’s all so obvious.

I said this in the mass shooting thread but this entire discussion reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they have a pest problem with pigeons. Some lizard gets released that wipes out the pigeons but now they have a lizard infestation. Then, the plan is to release lizard eating snakes to rid them of the lizards. Then, release snake eating gorillas to get rid of the snakes.

Just: Gun problem? Add more guns. Kids have guns? Arm janitors. Janitor goes berserk? Arm teachers. Teachers have guns? Arm the kids in case they start shooting at them. Now the police need bigger, deadlier guns because all the kids have guns. etc etc

The Simpsons also made a joke about Trump ever being president so... what I'm saying is that all schools will have armed gorillas soon.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Let everyone keep their stupid loving guns.

REGULATE AMMO

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

big trivia FAIL posted:

chris kyle was v adept at firearms and his brains still got blown out

I mean, look how many kills he racked up, but he was still ended by a PTSD Vet with a gun.

So, using vets as armed school guards makes sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it seems clear that the invited speakers for this was a direct response to trump tweeting about maybe regulating guns. the malformed villains who trump surrounds himself with were never going to let that stand, and it's not like he can tell a good idea from a bad one.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
of course they get punk rock mc untrustworthy to bring up this one.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
You know, earlier today one of the survivors at the protest was talking about how he got isolated during the attack and, because he matched the description of the shooter, everyone who saw him was in fear of him and he got detained by SWAT.

But yeah, sure, let's give the faculty guns so that they can shoot and end the crisis immediately, what can possibly go wrong

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avalanche posted:

Let everyone keep their stupid loving guns.

REGULATE AMMO

it's a lot easier to make ammo at home than it is guns, despite what turbonerds with 3d printers claim.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
This dude is a Tim Heidecker character

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol that all these idiots think a cop in the school with a pistol on his hip will be able to stop a shooter with an AR-15

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
The real hosed up thing here is all these "solutions" imply that schools are just gonna keep getting shot up. They're all about mitigation rather than prevention because classrooms full of dead kids/educators is an acceptable price when it comes to gun nuts.

Sorry for the lack of lols

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even in our vastly superior Canadian education system, I'm trying to think of how many of my high school teachers I would trust with a gun and it's a hard zero

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Irradiation posted:

Rural PA is absolutely the most depressing place I’ve ever been in this country.

This is one of my favorite pictures from doing the Appalachian Trail. Of course it was some poo poo rural dead PA mining town.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"we need more guns on campus, we need to look at mental health, and i want to thank everyone for their condolences, and that's my only argument, thank you"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Smirr posted:

lmfao

My highschool history teacher was perpetually stoned. His favorite movie was "the big lebowski" before that was cool and accepted. He would have been a conscientious objector, man.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

We should have teachers carry guns and also police be math tutors at their ststaions

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone tell me how to solve for x?

*unfastens safety*

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Smirr posted:

"increase our deterrence capabilities"

lol. haha

Real talk: Does anybody really want to mess with America when they see what Americans do to their children?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

crossposting stealing from CSPAM

https://i.imgur.com/KIWy5y1.mp4

also, lol at the guy just now getting applause for saying that teachers already are overworked enough without also being troops

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
kellyanne and devos are both loving BEAMING. god damned ghouls

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Smirr posted:

crossposting stealing from CSPAM

https://i.imgur.com/KIWy5y1.mp4

Trying not to imagine the KFC fart he's ripping as he's doing that

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/966417252810596353?s=20

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/966419027294859264?s=20

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

welp, that was hosed UP. death to america, but they really dont seem to need any help

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

The Walrus posted:

kellyanne and devos are both loving BEAMING. god damned ghouls

They probably feel a couple years younger after being in a room with that much raw grief.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

They have to warn people ahead of time like “hey if you lash out at trump or saying anything bad we are gonna kill your family”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Catastrophe posted:

I see you've never been to Trump's White House HEYOOOOOOOOOOO no but seriously rural Arkansas is the worst thing and I refused to ever go back. Overt racism coupled with a speaking pace that makes every sentence take the time of a paragraph and everything is boring and my grandparents made me to go a local open mic country music night near a place called Bald Knob

At least Arkansas was the actual South. In rural PA I saw a statue of a little black boy holding a confederate flag while surrounded by watermelons in someone's yard. Plus the complete sense of hopelessness from former coal mining towns.