Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"We’re taking the time we need in development of Expansion 2 that will allow us to react to player feedback from Curse of Osiris. In the coming months, we’ll talk to you more about what you can expect to find in Destiny 2’s next story. The team is eager to show you what they’ve been working on.

Independent of Expansion 2, the team will deliver a number of new features that will be released before or during Season 3. Every player of Destiny 2 will receive new content in the following categories…"

I have no doubt they'll disappoint, but they were fully willing for DLC2 to come out long after Season 3 if it didn't give them "time we need".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't wait for the next patch to be "added variable ground clutter to all maps" and then have collision be broken so hard that they have to disable jumping.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46652

Roadmap updated.

- Exotic repetition reduction, Nightfall unique rewards, Companion vendor viewing bumped to 1.1.4 / March 27
- Mod system improvements won't be available right away for 1.2.0 / May
- Exotic sandbox changes bumped to 1.2.0
- Rumble will be added to weekly Crucible playlist in 1.1.4
- Doubles will come back, date TBD
- More Crucible update info next week's TWAB (not this week)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

Roadmap updated.

- Exotic repetition reduction, Nightfall unique rewards, Companion vendor viewing bumped to 1.1.4 / March 27

- we need more reskins
- We broke poo poo like we did with prom lens
- We had this since launch and are just gonna enable it
- We got something right!!! Thanks for beta testing it last week
- We really don't get that there's probably 4 things we need to tune so we'll let you know there's a delay in a weeks time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The way they talk about 6v6 is very concerning

I get the feeling it's going to be minimally implemented, like a single gametype playlist available (hopefully) weekly

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Stop talking poo poo about infinite forest.

We are only seeing it's beginning form.

The possibilities are infinite.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman posted:

Roadmap updated.

Well, we wanted transparency. :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That dmg04 guy is fielding questions in reddit and it's p funny.

Part of why the exotic balance was pushed back a month is because they realized "running one strike or a crucible match with the gun or the helmet doesn't tell you enough" and so now they test things in both pve AND pvp

"Like the Prometheus Lens issue you called out, we're looking to apply more love to testing multiple game modes in an attempt to avoid this happening again"

lol

Also he swears that snipers will be viable in pve and pvp after this. Promises!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Snipers can't be viable when there's not a single good place in the entire game to use them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Snipers can't be viable when there's not a single good place in the entire game to use them

I mean, if you can crank up the power high enough that they'd be BROKEN (1hit kill on body shot in crucible, do 10x damage in PvE) they can hopefully be balanced.

But I agree that the current crucible maps don't have more than 1 or 2 total places where sniping is even possible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

There's plenty of places in PVE they could be useful if other weapons weren't more powerful and fun.

You never get those kind of distances in crucible, of course.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

There's plenty of places in PVE they could be useful if other weapons weren't more powerful and fun.

You never get those kind of distances in crucible, of course.

"I wish snipers weren't so much less fun and powerful than rocket launchers"

*monkey paw lowers a finger*

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Would anyone have used a sniper over a rocket launcher or machine gun in D1?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

No, and nobody would use a Sidearm over a Shotgun, Sniper, or Fusion Rifle in D1.

Their solution was stupid and involved very esoteric and conflicting Special Ammo rules, so I have no doubt their solution here is going to be something awful like "Snipers passively regen 1 bullet every 8sec" or "Sniper ammo is maintained on death" or "Every other Power Ammo spawn is sniper-only"

Think of the dumbest solution you can, give it Downs, and that's what they're gonna dish up

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I know people who would have

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That dmg04 guy is fielding questions in reddit and it's p funny.

Part of why the exotic balance was pushed back a month is because they realized "running one strike or a crucible match with the gun or the helmet doesn't tell you enough" and so now they test things in both pve AND pvp

"Like the Prometheus Lens issue you called out, we're looking to apply more love to testing multiple game modes in an attempt to avoid this happening again"

lol

Also he swears that snipers will be viable in pve and pvp after this. Promises!

Rip LMAO

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm disappointed by the Exotic pass not reaching us until 1.2.0 but it's not a huge issue when the non-Exotic balance pass is still in 1.1.4, and it sorta makes sense with MW Exotics debuting at the same time so they'll be especially shiny and new then. I'm ultimately into it.

Nightfall Weapons, ehh. New Faction weapons this week and more IB presumably before then, so they probably fit better in 1.1.4 anyway to keep up the steady release of new guns before S03/1.2.0.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The weapon/ability pass is the most important anyway. Buffed exotics and a new funny hat from the Nightfall won't matter if we're still waiting 5 hours for a grenade

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

texaholic posted:

Depends on the map or situation but probably not tbh. I know some dudes who were insane with a sniper rifle in d1 who would have though.

All snipers need is a flinch reduction and a PVE damage buff imo.

Roman posted:

The weapon/ability pass is the most important anyway. Buffed exotics and a new funny hat from the Nightfall won't matter if we're still waiting 5 hours for a grenade

Agreed. I'd have timers vary based on how good the grenade is. A pulse should take longer than a lightning, an arc bolt should take longer than a sticky etc but lower all of them. As long as they don't make sticky nades a OHK anything they do will probably be an improvement.

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm disappointed by the Exotic pass not reaching us until 1.2.0 but it's not a huge issue when the non-Exotic balance pass is still in 1.1.4, and it sorta makes sense with MW Exotics debuting at the same time so they'll be especially shiny and new then. I'm ultimately into it.

Nightfall Weapons, ehh. New Faction weapons this week and more IB presumably before then, so they probably fit better in 1.1.4 anyway to keep up the steady release of new guns before S03/1.2.0.

I don't mind it too much so long as things are properly balanced and everything works. I'd be pretty disappointed to get a balance patch only to see something become the new prometheus lens that won't be fixed for months. The stuff they've said about sunshot and the exotic pulse sound good so far and the stuff they did with fighting lion the last time worked well. Ideally we'll see the meta shaken up but because of buffs and not nerfs.

The Uriels is fine for example, but you'd see less of them if you could do effective damage with a pulse rifle or hand cannon. Hand cannons are in a good place if they just removed bloom and gave it a whiff of a damage buff. 5 shots to the body with a 140 fire rate with ghost bullets is a little hard from SMG range. 2+2 is fine but when you're in one of those kind of fights and you get a ghost bullet you want to punch your monitor.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress that, ohko stickies are fine with the small aoe

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

Never forget

http://i.imgur.com/HgU9kcW.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

I KNEW he meant "sticky grenades"

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just a reminder that the Infinite Forest was hyped up as a reason to buy the expansion

I still do not understand why this was. It would be like pointing to the rotted out ship hulls in the D1 Cosmodrome and saying "buy Destiny and explore the mysterious wreck of the Golden Age ship, The Heracles, and thwart the machinations of the nefarious Captain and his villainous crew" when it's just a forgettable piece of map with a bog standard Captain and random dregs

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:vince:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I still do not understand why this was. It would be like pointing to the rotted out ship hulls in the D1 Cosmodrome and saying "buy Destiny and explore the mysterious wreck of the Golden Age ship, The Heracles, and thwart the machinations of the nefarious Captain and his villainous crew" when it's just a forgettable piece of map with a bog standard Captain and random dregs

Because everyone assumed with the way Bungie was pitching it that it'd be used for some kind of procedurally generated Prison of Elders or something and instead it turned out to be a slightly randomized, glorified loading screen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I KNEW he meant "sticky grenades"

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The best part about the "I stick dudes" account was that it got FNCed which gave me a free name change to gently caress wit a busta

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hahahaha I have context for this now and I'm doing lols

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The best part about the "I stick dudes" account was that it got FNCed which gave me a free name change to gently caress wit a busta

That's not how FNCs work lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AppleCobbler posted:

That's not how FNCs work lmao

actually you're right it was my other alt that still had a free name change

also nice probation evasion

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Arcbolts and Firebolts used to have a shorter recharge time then they pointlessly changed it to be the same as every other grenade. That was stupid and bad.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
It's okay to just say you spent $10 to make some esoteric point on the internet.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

gently caress off you're trash if you think this, they made year three near unbearable at times.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AppleCobbler posted:

It's okay to just say you spent $10 to make some esoteric point on the internet.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=20

Dude think a bit harder about this. Would I of all people hesitate to spend $10 on an internet thing? Come on.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Tiny brain] - $10 for a gamertag change

[Normal brain] - $10 on a red text/avatar for somebody

[Monkieu brain] - $10 to get rid of the red text/avatar somebody bought you

[Space brain] - $10 for a Somethingawful Forums account

[Universe brain] - gently caress, another $10 on a Somethingawful Forums rereg

[Transcendent Plane of reality brain] - 2x Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready's

[Immortal elder deity of past and future omniscience brain] - 5x Bright Engrams

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

gently caress off you're trash if you think this, they made year three near unbearable at times.

Bask in my fetid radiance then, because power fantasy is actually cool and good. You know, that thing D1 was. Not the stupid pandering to the sweat republic that D2 is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Bask in my fetid radiance then, because power fantasy is actually cool and good. You know, that thing D1 was. Not the stupid pandering to the sweat republic that D2 is.

Power fantasy doesn't = worlds shittiest 1 hit kill game breaking bullshit making a return.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Tiny brain] - $10 for a gamertag change

[Normal brain] - $10 on a red text/avatar for somebody

[Monkieu brain] - $10 to get rid of the red text/avatar somebody bought you

[Space brain] - $10 for a Somethingawful Forums account

[Universe brain] - gently caress, another $10 on a Somethingawful Forums rereg

[Transcendent Plane of reality brain] - 2x Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready's

[Immortal elder deity of past and future omniscience brain] - 5x Bright Engrams

[Infinite Brain] - $69 da share z0ne Kickstarter package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ohko stickies is some jank-rear end Syndrome from Incredibles power fantasy.