Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
truck driver's gear change. shameful pop pap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Degrassi: LIVE!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mormonpartyboat posted:

like dana loesch is why i say that its a good thing for leftists to learn gun poo poo as much as them

"the 2nd amendment only covers muskets" "no theres the puckle gun" "the puckle gun is dumb poo poo garbage for idiots, and anyway the nfa declares certain weapons as too dangerous for public use, so why not expand that blanket to include semi-automatic weapons, which has already been determined to be a constitutional restriction on the 2nd amendment"

yeah but it doesnt really matter theyll just go into some other pedantic argument

itll take the press not treating them as a honest debater to change anything

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

meanolmrcloud posted:

I thought tapper was like 1/8th cspam, or at least extremely online enough to do a good?

you're thinking of chris hayes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/966522044002263040

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/michaelpielocik/status/966506419649380353

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
a song to listen to if you dont like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaI5JCxOCdw

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

meanolmrcloud posted:

I thought tapper was like 1/8th cspam, or at least extremely online enough to do a good?

jake tapper puts on the appearance of being a balanced moderator by gauging the active discussion and then trying to aid whoever seems to be getting throttled. i swear he does this all the time.

its really infuriating.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

i hope the teens riot and burn this entire garbage country to the ground and salt the earth and move somewhere good and have happy long lives

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

like dana loesch is why i say that its a good thing for leftists to learn gun poo poo as much as them

"the 2nd amendment only covered muskets"

"well actually, theres the puckle gun"

"well, actually, the puckle gun is dumb poo poo garbage for idiots, and anyway the nfa declares certain weapons as too dangerous for public use, so why not expand that blanket to include semi-automatic weapons, which has already been determined to be a constitutional restriction on the 2nd amendment"

Kinda seeing that more these days. Leftists are now calling out fake "assault weapons" crap that office Dems have been railing about. Banning barrel shrouds and poo poo does literally nothing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Al! posted:

i think he was genuinely too stupid and or bubbled to realize how bad this would go for him

if you follow Rubio on twitter, he posts hundreds and hundreds of bible verses that are obviously the opposite of what trump is doing that day

he knows what he’s doing is wrong

he’s just so loving stupid that he thinks more conservatism is the answer to conservatism

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

normally i'd agree with you but like that's all poo poo it takes 5 mins to look up on wikipedia

yeah, im specifically talkin about situations like this where its a televised debate and you're trying to win or whatever. their knowledge is just deep enough to make people only really capable of making dumb faces and saying "well you're wrong" huffing off

any other time just tell the shithead to neck themself

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Oxxidation posted:

let's see TFR's take

lol

narrator voice: he was right

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

meanolmrcloud posted:

no he sucks
the only halfway decent cnn guy is chris hayes but even that is a stretch

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
we need a paper with 'pathetically weak' over a trump picture tomorrow

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

sexpig by night posted:

Hey by the way this is the puckle gun she referenced as proof the founders totes would be down with ARs

this is how long it takes to fire a single shot with even a tiny version of this thing btw.

https://i.imgur.com/xTcVq33.mp4

And that's only until you have to reload the chambers.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

ok if they're singing songs and reading poetry I'm out

no offense but it doesn't look like anything meaningful will be further accomplished

the witch and the cop will continue to try to expand the definition of "crazy" to include all democrats and jake tapper will once again escape being disemboweled

lol a cnn town hall isn't going to change poo poo

this was all about reaching for a brief bit of humor from a horrible thing because nothing will get fixed

also hope everyone enjoyed watching rubio get poo poo on because nobody's ever doing this kind of event again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mo_Steel posted:

jake tapper puts on the appearance of being a balanced moderator by gauging the active discussion and then trying to aid whoever seems to be getting throttled. i swear he does this all the time.

its really infuriating.

the fairness doctrine never went away

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

no he sucks
the only halfway decent cnn guy is chris hayes but even that is a stretch

hayes is msnbc

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Plan Z posted:

Kinda seeing that more these days. Leftists are now calling out fake "assault weapons" crap that office Dems have been railing about. Banning barrel shrouds and poo poo does literally nothing.

i am a devout gun owner and believe guns should only leave the house shrouded. only their owner should be able to gaze upon them unclothed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

arm the left imo

Fastest way to implement gun control is to actively arm minorities. It's what happened with Reagan in Cali.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/dansinker/status/966520904623775745

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Trump's event today actually seems fairly savvy, since the alternative was no event while also declining to attend this one

Preemptive damage control, but RIP Rubio, sounds like he gave up just enough ground to satisfy no one

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
have a chaser for the awful dana loesch segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

i hope trump watched the first half and tweets about the kids.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The only meaningful gun reform happens when the underclass is armed.

Black Pathers imma need you to come back.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

trump om trumpp

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

The only meaningful gun reform happens when the underclass is armed.

Black Pathers imma need you to come back.

BPP too good for this world

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Fastest way to implement gun control is to actively arm minorities. It's what happened with Reagan in Cali.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

meanolmrcloud posted:

not at all

his twitter is good for reporting blurbs and thats about it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Sir Tonk posted:

yeah but it doesnt really matter theyll just go into some other pedantic argument

thats the thing - there really aren't many pedantic arguments

if you get someone running through the drill like loesch does, all she needs is one more layer of bullshit than people are willing to dig down, and the easiest way is to misdirect, esp through definition arguing

like they'll talk all day long about what the constitution says, but never ever ever address the fact that we can change it to be better. slavery was in the constitution, we changed it, why not guns?

if its an internet argument "well that'll never practically work" is an obvious throwaway answer but loesch depends on always looking like she knows more than you by having an answer for everything

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Good news, Dana Loesch has submitted a gun control bill to congress that was passed with a overwhelming majority to make it required by law to tie the hands of any mentally disturbed or disabled person to the back of a pickup truck in place of truck balls.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

this is how long it takes to fire a single shot with even a tiny version of this thing btw.

https://i.imgur.com/xTcVq33.mp4

And that's only until you have to reload the chambers.

oh boy a musket revolver how powerful, it is exactly like an assault rifle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, im specifically talkin about situations like this where its a televised debate and you're trying to win or whatever. their knowledge is just deep enough to make people only really capable of making dumb faces and saying "well you're wrong" huffing off

any other time just tell the shithead to neck themself

thats fair but you of all people should know that when someone throws a dumb argument based on a technicality of what a pickle gun actually is is to go "lmao, what the gently caress are you talking about pickle gun ok describe a pickle gun to me :allears:" which is basically what the kids did

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RujfU_4iM2Y

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

I did a thing posted:

6 months from now

Thank you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mlmp08 posted:

Broward CO sheriff is pretty happy to disarm whoever and raise the age limits for gun ownership. NRA rep has said "crazy" people should be disarmed and keeps saying people who are threats shouldn't have guns, but she's predictably lacking in any detail whatsoever about what that means.

Rubio said he was OK with semi-autos being limited to 21+. He also took a hard line in trying to get the gun control advocates to explain whether they were anti-AR-15 or anti-semiautomatics. They didn't feel like addressing that in any detail.

Proper Kerni ng posted:

It infuriates me how many THINK OF THE CHILDREN ninnies utterly fail to understand that something like that would do a million times more to prevent firearm-related crime than any gun control law ever possibly could.

Is it because they're not thinking rationally enough to realize that there's not a law in the world that actually applies to a multimillionaire White American Dude who owned two airplanes and seven mansions, so it's kindasorta childish and absurd to think that any gun control laws would have stopped him from mass murder?

Uh... thank you for negating your own argument? :shrug: We could provide you with some actual data showing that careful aimed fire is far more deadly than indiscriminate magdumping if you're actually interested.

NickBlasta posted:

Unsurprisingly nobody is willing to walk back existing legislation, ever, merely building on more restrictions if they demonstrably do not have the intended effect.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

the only thing that can stop a bad assassin with a gun is a good assassin with a gun

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Mo_Steel posted:

its really infuriating.

He doesn't do this when he's interviewing like he does when he's moderating, thankfully. he will straight up kill a man on live TV

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i have multiple mental illnesses and i dont like this talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Plan Z posted:

yeah and thats the other thing, most poo poo people clamor for does fuckall and the more they realize that there really isn't a such thing as effective gun control until you're at the point of banning and seizing semi-autos, the more likely they'll be willing to say gently caress it lets do it

• Locked thread