Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

journos know how to do this poo poo, they're just terrified about access so they don't.

Actually, most of them have probably forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
wonder which speakers at CPAC are gonna go all-in on attacking the teenagers in a lovely speech? everyone? bet it is everyone

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

lol if anyone has nerd friends that want essays about why people suddenly believe “gun safety now or you will literally die”

https://twitter.com/zeitzoff/status/966431337640026115

https://twitter.com/zeitzoff/status/966431703173599232

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lol pucklegun is trending

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
gently caress CNN for not letting the kids loose on the NRA Lady.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

the first dominoes started falling before the election was even over but the mattering is a tightly woven tapestry and each thread will emerge in its own time

this is beautiful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i mean, you will get so much more satisfaction bubbling in the name other than rubio vs. voting for the guy who is going to win in the good state you moved to

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/XLNB/status/966513618685640704

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

the first dominoes started falling before the election was even over but the mattering is a tightly woven tapestry and each thread will emerge in its own time

the only thread that matters in the mattering is the magnetic tape on which the piss tape is stored

sapphomoric
Dec 26, 2016

cmon andy told us what to do >30 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGc5h1yWHQ

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sullat posted:

Actually, most of them have probably forgotten.

yeah lets remember that a bunch of the tv talking heads jerk themselves raw to the fantasy of having DECORUM so powerful they shame people into telling the truth

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

git dam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i mean, you will get so much more satisfaction bubbling in the name other than rubio vs. voting for the guy who is going to win in the good state you moved to

i totally agree

also term limits

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

Class-act that kid. And let’s give liddle Marco the credit he deserved for showing up to get rightfully poo poo on. Now there’s a lot of GOP senators that are worse than him but smart enough to fly under the radar. How do we go about getting them to a public flogging?

the answer may astound you

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jazerus posted:

about one thread a month, nowadays

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/966521680787996672

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phi230 posted:

i dont wanna be that guy but is this the first domino in the great mattering or am i jumping the...gun

this is a non-insignificant event. This is the first time victims of a mass shooting have mobilized in a unified front to say 'no, actually gently caress you' and forced politicians out of the shell of "UUUUH THINK OF THE VICTIMS NO TALKING"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol of course Tapper shielded Dana while she read off NRA talking points

can't wait to have my guns taken away and sold for pennies to a white supremacist militia because my belief in UHC and higher tax brackets for the rich is classified as a mental illness

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Al! posted:

yospos guys are all really dumb about politics because techbros are dumb about politics...............resist the yosposization of cspam imo

sulk got run out of yospos for poor decisions involving pugs, please do not ascribe his dumbass political views to the Marxist-Leninist utopia that is yospos

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why did rubio even agree to show up to this

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Xaris posted:

its kinda crazy the last amendment is over 25 years, and the only one before that was like 50 years ago

tbh prohibition scared a lot of people off of amendments for the rest of their lives, which for the youngest of them was up until fairly recently

america decided to put the power of arbitrary alterations to the constitution back into the box after that one and it's hard to blame them in some ways, but it's past time to get over it imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is it actually true that the entire state of WV's schools are closed tomorrow and they're gonna be out protesting or was that fake news

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Schnorkles posted:

journos know how to do this poo poo, they're just terrified about access so they don't.

Here's the deal they don't get:

If they stop giving a gently caress about access and start printing what they know and can find out, then TRUMP will come crawling to them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

he's dumb as gently caress op but it worked to our benefit this time

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

i dunno i did this in the 2016 election and voting for the democrat's Most Faceless Suit We Could Find certainly wasn't as satisfying as living somewhere sane and habitable would be

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

sulk got run out of yospos for poor decisions involving pugs, please do not ascribe his dumbass political views to the Marxist-Leninist utopia that is yospos

they gassed my cat picture

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hope Marco Rubio participates in many debates in the near future

Marco: "What, at that point we'd have to just give everybody free healthcare and tax the rich to pay for it! You guys don't want that, do you?"
Crowd: *thundering applause*
Marco: "Ah...mmm...well, uhhh"

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

is it actually true that the entire state of WV's schools are closed tomorrow and they're gonna be out protesting or was that fake news

its a teachers strike over pay raise I believe

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

nope, WV's teachers are all on strike

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its also that journalists know if they rock the boat at all then their bosses will put them first in line for the next round of layoffs

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Shear Modulus posted:

Trump and Governor BatBoy chickened out, someone had to take the L

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

repeal the 2nd amendment..... its not like we haven't repealed an amendment before

If all you do is repeal the 2nd amendment then only criminals Southerners will have guns

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Jazerus posted:

tbh prohibition scared a lot of people off of amendments for the rest of their lives, which for the youngest of them was up until fairly recently

america decided to put the power of arbitrary alterations to the constitution back into the box after that one and it's hard to blame them in some ways, but it's past time to get over it imo

Fast forward 8-12 years when we get Trump 2.0 and the constitutional convention ratifies amendments prayer in schools through death to Muslims and gays.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kopasetic posted:

its a teachers strike over pay raise I believe

extremely well timed

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

skaboomizzy posted:

Trump and Governor BatBoy chickened out, someone had to take the L

im sure hes glad he decided to remain a senator

hes gotten so much accomplished