Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

multijoe posted:

Sounds like a good way to get the prissy playerbase to mass log out any time the map comes up

e: FREE FOG MAP

I want fog maps back too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Rain and Fog were both fine, loving crybabies.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

are fine with not being available anymore, I agree

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Getting down to the final circles with 35 people left alive and the island suddenly going from a ghost town to a genuine battle royale was fun as heck

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Tweak posted:

are fine with not being available anymore, I agree

they really aren't? i was beginning to wonder how rare they were...

i miss the ambience of those maps. who cares if the sound isn't realistic? it's the same for everyone so just deal with it in the smart ways that win games, not the bad crybaby ways that lose them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rain map was the best.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I'd be interested to play a rain map with the new volume adjustments. I thought it was fun but it sounded like you were under a waterfall.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I demand ear protection loot and if you fire a gun without them you are deaf for the rest of the game.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

WHAT

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

khysanth posted:

they really aren't? i was beginning to wonder how rare they were...

i miss the ambience of those maps. who cares if the sound isn't realistic? it's the same for everyone so just deal with it in the smart ways that win games, not the bad crybaby ways that lose them

the problem wasn't the realism, the problem was the ear damage from playing the rain map. If you had the volume loud enough to hear footsteps, you suffered hearing damage. If you didn't, you'd lose every close-range fight to someone who did. It was garbage design.

Fog, however, was interesting. Except it apparently didn't render similarly for all players, which again, was bad design.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if you've ever backed out of playing mirarmar because you wanted to play erangel instead i guess you're just a crybaby wuss

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

mawp

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I didn't even know there was a rain map! (I'm still new to this game.) I would love rain.

Edit: Hey, is the "custom game" just regular matches with traditional server lists and poo poo? Because like...if you don't want random, can't you just make a server and wait for it to fill up like games used to?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

credburn posted:

I didn't even know there was a rain map! (I'm still new to this game.) I would love rain.

Edit: Hey, is the "custom game" just regular matches with traditional server lists and poo poo? Because like...if you don't want random, can't you just make a server and wait for it to fill up like games used to?

Sorta, yea. You can customize all sorts of parameters like how much loot drops, what type of loot, how many air drops, health items allowed, revives allowed, etc etc. Only "approved partners" can create custom games though (mainly prominent streamers).

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
And the matchmaking won't fill the server out so you have to wait for your lobby to fill with like-minded custom game players who don't care about that sorta thing.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Please add nordic skis to the snow map so I can live out my biathlon warrior fantasies. Also have a biathlon track somewhere on the map.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tweak posted:

if you've ever backed out of playing mirarmar because you wanted to play erangel instead i guess you're just a crybaby wuss

i'm one of those weirdos that prefers miramar.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Tweak posted:

Correct? Just jump to pecado and accept your fate, worm.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

3% of all copies sold banned in one month doesn't seem like an unbelievably severe problem to you?

That means in every 100 person game you were likely to encounter, on average, 3 cheaters!

The solution is to squad with three cheaters, so you are already grouped with the three percent

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The one time I tried duo by myself the partner it gave me was just afk and never connected. What are the chances I actually get someone to have fun video game times with if I try again.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

^ join the discord there's plenty of goons to play with

Gave solo squads a try, hot drops only. Best I managed was 7 so far

Winchester is a good gun: https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientNimbleBaconDuDudu & https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousGiantBobaRalpherZ

Pecado Highrise needs a nerf I think, its the perfect building

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah it's almost impossible to besiege one of those buildings without losing a part of your squad, especially with zero tree cover.

Good Winchester shots, I don't even bother with that loving thing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

New Zealand can eat me posted:

^ join the discord there's plenty of goons to play with

Gave solo squads a try, hot drops only. Best I managed was 7 so far

Winchester is a good gun: https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientNimbleBaconDuDudu & https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousGiantBobaRalpherZ

Pecado Highrise needs a nerf I think, its the perfect building

instead of a nerf just put another highrise on the north east side

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I would pick up the winchester quite happily to round out my .45acp only playstyle if you could put a sight on it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
gently caress snow I want an archipelago map

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

port Wake Island from BF1942 pls

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i want a dense suburbia that is half the size of the current maps

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Doorknob Slobber posted:

MEGACITY ONE

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I would pick up the winchester quite happily to round out my .45acp only playstyle if you could put a sight on it.

It OHKOs through a level 2 helmet so allowing sights on it would probably make it super overpowered.

Maybe red dot or holo only but I don't really think it needs it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fano posted:

It OHKOs through a level 2 helmet so allowing sights on it would probably make it super overpowered.

Maybe red dot or holo only but I don't really think it needs it.

The Winchester does not kill a full health player through a level 2 unless it was very recently buffed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Pripyat. Just go full STALKER, and in addition to the encroaching blue zone, have radioactive 'hot zones' on the map that confer a tick if you stay on them too long.

But I could see a map in one of those former Soviet "infiltration complexes" with complete recreations of "Small Town USA" being pretty sweet, too.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this blinking poo poo on the minimap is stupid

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The Winchester does not kill a full health player through a level 2 unless it was very recently buffed.

The most recent damage chart I have says it does 71.75 damage on an unarmored torso shot vs the K98's 72. That comes out to 107.625 damage on a level 2 helmet barring math fuckups on my end. Unless it's been nerfed since I downloaded that chart in mid-January or the chart is wrong it definitely should OHKO someone through level 2.

also:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

This but mixed urban/suburban with better sound feedback for sounds above and below the player.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 22, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this blinking poo poo on the minimap is stupid

They already said it's a bug and they're fixing it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is this patch supposed to have the ping based matchmaking?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Raged posted:

Is this patch supposed to have the ping based matchmaking?

No, that's going to go up on the test servers sometime this week. This patch is the one that was in testing before that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

flatluigi posted:

No, that's going to go up on the test servers sometime this week. This patch is the one that was in testing before that.

Ugggh, well no point playing then. Holding out hope that it will clear out the Aussie servers of the horde.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Raged posted:

Ugggh, well no point playing then. Holding out hope that it will clear out the Aussie servers of the horde.

I would think the Chinese horde gets a better ping there than America?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Elman posted:

Have you ever been to the area north from Mansion? It's a really thick forest that looks amazing, I wish we'd get more of that.

It’s the best area on the map imho. Tight grouping of trees plus small hills makes for some really awesome tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

daslog posted:

I would think the Chinese horde gets a better ping there than America?

The theory would be that the Aussie players would have lower ping to the AU servers than the Chinese, and thus get grouped together in a mostly-aussie lobby. And the chinese who want to play on AU have higher ping and so get their own "china numba wan" game on AU.

It might work!

At least most of the hackers who kill you will now be able to taunt you in fluent English?

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 22, 2018