Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sheep-dodger posted:

Oh god, Mac you stupid gently caress, the Stasi was East German, not Czech. Get your cold war boogeymen right you clueless hack.

It's the Stasi who were supposed to have the files on Corbyn. They've since released a statement saying that, while they normally don't comment on such things, they don't have any files on Corbyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Is "Corbyn was a red spy" anything more than literally one guy said it's true with no evidence, and the Daily Fascist just running with it as far as they can?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Thats actually super cool.

It also had realistic gun jamming. It was apparently the actually realistic realistic shooter, in fact too realistic to actually be fun for a lot of people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ryonguy posted:

Is "Corbyn was a red spy" anything more than literally one guy said it's true with no evidence, and the Daily Fascist just running with it as far as they can?

There's also counter-evidence, including Corbyn having been at a meeting in front of a dozen witnesses when he was supposedly visiting his contact. Even if he was a communist spy, I'd still vote for him on the basis that a Prime Minister who can bilocate would be well good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Billy Graham obits are gonna be interesting :getin:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Clever Spambot posted:

Thats actually super cool.

The medic training was fairly notorious since it was your character sitting in a class room watching a first aid training lecture followed by a short quiz. A literal 40-60 minute lecture on actual first aid course covering things like correct techniques for tourniquets, Heimlich maneuver, and limb splints. It made news a one point, because a player saved someones life after a car crash. The crash victim was hemorrhaging from an artery, and the guy, using only the first aid he knew from the game, correctly built built and applies a tourniquet, raised the limb, and stopped the bleed.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Holy poo poo, they're actually going a "history wasn't rosy especially if you weren't a white dude" direction with this. I'm... impressed?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I guarantee you he's going to pull the "Democrats were the party of Jim Crow and the KKK" card within the next couple of comics so I would hold off on any praise you might want to give them.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Hmm. Not sure that's the imagery you want to go with, Bob.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did people say this about JFK when he was in office?

Pre-Watergate, the media didn't really report on the president's personal life and private affairs, so I'm not sure the average person knew what a horndog JFK was.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Jesus Christ.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Starving Wolf posted:

Billy Graham’s reign of carnage has finally come to an end.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Danish comic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I 'like' how there's no story behind this, just Jezza's a Commie!!!

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

The doggo is salivating about that city council candidate.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Billy Graham’s reign of carnage has finally come to an end.

One hell of a K-D ratio, got to admit.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I really thought that Gorrel was about shooting victims until I read the text. :eyepop:

I can't stop laughing at Completely American Campaign HQ.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SwingShift posted:

The first one. The other day a friend and I were offered a free ticket (to a movie we weren't interested in so we didn't accept it, admittedly) because the person who bought it online apparently changed their mind but didn't bother to get a refund or anything. So if there's a ticket with an empty seat attached, they would most likely give it away since it was already paid for.

Movie theaters make very little money on ticket sales; they make their money in the concessions. They could sell every seat in every theater to these chuds and barely make a dime after expenses, so why wouldn't they let people come in for seats that have already been paid for, since those people will probably buy popcorn and soda?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Movie theaters make very little money on ticket sales; they make their money in the concessions. They could sell every seat in every theater to these chuds and barely make a dime after expenses, so why wouldn't they let people come in for seats that have already been paid for, since those people will probably buy popcorn and soda?

In fact people will more likely buy snacks in that situation, partly to reward the goodwill shown by the cinema but mostly because overpriced drinks and junk feel more affordable when they don't come on top of a $15 ticket.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Starving Wolf posted:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Re: fundies accidentally and hilariously giving away their money.

Since 2010 an Australian LGBT organization has hosted a yearly "gender-diverse formal" dance, which is a sort-of school dance but also safe space for LGBT teens to get together and have fun. Many of those teens however can't afford a ticket, so the organization set up a crowdfunding website so people from the internet could help subsidize the dance for those who want to attend but can't afford.

A conservative organization got wind of this, and published the crowdfunding link on their facebook page with the message "go and buy as many tickets as you can, for each ticket we buy it's one less spot open in the formal. Protect our children!", comically missing the point of what the crowdfunding was for in the first place.

As a result of fundies giving away their money and the resulting publicity, the dance's organisers got more than double the amount of money they'd asked for (36K dollars as opposed to 15K dollars), and were able to move the event to a larger venue and as a result cater to more LGBT teens than originally planned.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Starshark posted:

Not pictured: The person who's going to die if she gives birth to the deformed baby.

Super late reply but my wife had to have an abortion when our very much wanted and planned pregnancy turned out to be unviable. Keep that in mind when conservatives bring out their ridiculous numbers for abortions that many of those abortions were performed because either the fetus wasn't viable or the pregnancy would endanger the health of the mother. If their ridiculous laws were passed my wife would have had to sit through a lecture on why she should carry a dying fetus to miscarriage.

No that it should even matter, you should be able to get a loving abortion if you want because it's your own drat body, but they act like 30 million kids were murdered when a good portion of them wouldn't have survived 8 weeks after birth anyways.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

This is rad as hell

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Stevoblunt posted:

Super late reply but my wife had to have an abortion when our very much wanted and planned pregnancy turned out to be unviable. Keep that in mind when conservatives bring out their ridiculous numbers for abortions that many of those abortions were performed because either the fetus wasn't viable or the pregnancy would endanger the health of the mother. If their ridiculous laws were passed my wife would have had to sit through a lecture on why she should carry a dying fetus to miscarriage.

No that it should even matter, you should be able to get a loving abortion if you want because it's your own drat body, but they act like 30 million kids were murdered when a good portion of them wouldn't have survived 8 weeks after birth anyways.

I'm sorry for your loss and I'm not trying to pick on you but abortions done for lack of viability/life of the mother actually do make up only a fraction of terminations. 66% of abortions are chemical ones performed before 8 weeks, then it's increasingly smaller percentages as you're dealing with people who realized it fairly late, were delaying in getting the procedure, or are making the choice in light of genetic testing results. From 21 weeks on, the entire second half of a pregnancy, you're looking at only 1.3% of all abortions.

Not that any of that matter to the anti-choice crowd who openly deny that non-viable fetuses or life-threatening pregnancies are things that happen. A good friend of my mother's had to have a very late-term abortion when one of her twins was dying and threatened the life of the other. I used to bring it out as the ultimate example of abortion saving a life but gave up after being told multiple times that the doctors should have just waited till it was dead for sure because maybe everything would have turned out o.k. you don't know! To these people it's better that you gamble you living child's life and very likely lose them, than effectively euthanize a dying child. These people are beyond any reasonably justification you could ever think up because they have the emotional and ethical maturity of a particularly bratty toddler.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Starving Wolf posted:

H- oooooo leeee gently caress.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

there wolf posted:

I'm sorry for your loss and I'm not trying to pick on you but abortions done for lack of viability/life of the mother actually do make up only a fraction of terminations. 66% of abortions are chemical ones performed before 8 weeks, then it's increasingly smaller percentages as you're dealing with people who realized it fairly late, were delaying in getting the procedure, or are making the choice in light of genetic testing results. From 21 weeks on, the entire second half of a pregnancy, you're looking at only 1.3% of all abortions.

Not that any of that matter to the anti-choice crowd who openly deny that non-viable fetuses or life-threatening pregnancies are things that happen. A good friend of my mother's had to have a very late-term abortion when one of her twins was dying and threatened the life of the other. I used to bring it out as the ultimate example of abortion saving a life but gave up after being told multiple times that the doctors should have just waited till it was dead for sure because maybe everything would have turned out o.k. you don't know! To these people it's better that you gamble you living child's life and very likely lose them, than effectively euthanize a dying child. These people are beyond any reasonably justification you could ever think up because they have the emotional and ethical maturity of a particularly bratty toddler.

No worries, I had heard that the numbers were misleading but maybe I misunderstood. My wife had her abortion around week 15, which is when we got our results from genetic testing and we made the decision after finding out that the fetus had a zero percent chance of making it to term. According to conservatives I guess we should have waited just in case God decided that she was going to fix it up, and just deal with the miscarriage and the potential complications due to my wife's age :shrug:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stevoblunt posted:

No worries, I had heard that the numbers were misleading but maybe I misunderstood. My wife had her abortion around week 15, which is when we got our results from genetic testing and we made the decision after finding out that the fetus had a zero percent chance of making it to term. According to conservatives I guess we should have waited just in case God decided that she was going to fix it up, and just deal with the miscarriage and the potential complications due to my wife's age :shrug:

"gently caress your wife's life, pro life!"
/
:bahgawd:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I like the mix of Cyrillic Russian, transliterated Russian and goofy Russian accented English, but the English transliterated into Cyrillic is what pushes it over the top for me. Good show.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

but the English transliterated into Cyrillic
What?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stevoblunt posted:

the real abortion ... is the republicans :smug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BOT for state senate.

E: You know, that probably says "bot," rather than "vote." The different fonts threw me off.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can someone zero in for me whats so upsetting about that Gorrel? Not too sharp this morning.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I like the mix of Cyrillic Russian, transliterated Russian and goofy Russian accented English, but the English transliterated into Cyrillic is what pushes it over the top for me. Good show.

There is also the fact that the broken English is broken in a way that doesn't correspond to Russian grammar. Something like "I real American" and "Here totally normal" would be more likely than "Am real American" and "Is here totally normal".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can someone zero in for me whats so upsetting about that Gorrel? Not too sharp this morning.

It's an American flag turned into a graveyard. It looks like an obit for something like an entire platoon annihilated in combat by enemy action, rather than just the death of a televangelist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
That Dasharez0ne on Graham reminds me of when Christopher Hitchens was on TV after Jerry Falwell died and said "if you gave him an enema you could bury him in a matchbox". It's kind of sad that that kind of vitriol is hardly ever found in (especially American) politoons, I can't think of a single good one except Kreider's Reagan obit.