Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Well yeah, but you gotta hand it to him for showing up

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Brain Curry posted:

Well yeah, but you gotta hand it to him for showing up

He didn't cry and pee himself on stage. So brave.

and I guess those kids got shot at or something

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

He didn't cry and pee himself on stage. So brave.

and I guess those kids got shot at or something

I hope they were honored to meet such a hero

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Liddle Marco :smugdon::sniff:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Rubio never expected that a gun-free zone is where he'd take a linguistic killshot

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://giant.gfycat.com/MerryImportantFlyingfish.mp4

:radcat:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

t
r
u
m
piss

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

BarronsArtGallery posted:

lol so what you're saying is Twitter's efforts to get rid of Russian bots has been an absolute failure?

they probably got quite a few but the mueller indictments show that the russians running these accounts are willing to steal social security numbers to keep their ruse up, it's a lot easier to spoof some US number to "verify" your account than to burn an SS number, though the effort involved in that is probably enough to at least limit the amount of accounts they're willing to go through with this on

it makes sense that they'd go to that effort on an account with a desired handle like "girl4trump" though, especially when the loving thing has over 15k idiot rube followers even after the bot purge.

oh and check out the archived page for this account from march 2017 lolfasdghsdsgsdg

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I hear the CNN town hall was overall cool and good?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

the nazi lady from the nra got dunked on and so did rubes but otherwise it was just another show that accomplishes nothing

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
so nice to see marco owned again, the pleasure of his being annihilated by christie was finally starting to wear off

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Rubio got ethered by teens, NRA lady got into a fight with the sheriff

good show

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does the NRA feel anything about what’s going on this time or is it just another thing to them?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does the NRA feel anything?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy posted:

Rubio got ethered by teens, NRA lady got into a fight with the sheriff

good show

yeah I saw the rubio clips and the sheriff dunking on Dana and also saying 'we need fewer guns, we hosed up, vote for good people you woke teens'

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Neither Rubio or Loesch got ripped to pieces by an angry mob so... not really?

the high schoolers were p great tho

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does the NRA feel anything about what’s going on this time or is it just another thing to them?

Dana Loesch brought up some weird obscure gun that was designed in the 1700s for naval battles (but never used) that only fired 9 shots a minute as a defense of the rambo hell-guns we have now

so yeah

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't think this woman or the organization she works for feel any sort of emotion

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
my least fav thing about the cnn event tho was how people with mental health issues got poo poo on as scapegoats from pretty much every side.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

my least fav thing about the cnn event tho was how people with mental health issues got poo poo on as scapegoats from pretty much every side.

america: just pick a scapegoat gently caress it who cares

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

americans are so headfucked they can now only talk about stopping people from having guns in the context of 'we have a mental health issue, not a gun control issue' so i'm not sure what you were expecting

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

El Pollo Blanco posted:

americans are so headfucked they can now only talk about stopping people from having guns because 'we have a mental health issue, not a gun control issue' so i'm not sure what you were expecting

idk it'd be nice if the sheriff that was all for banning assault weapons didn't also claim that we need police to be able to detain and throw mentally unhealthy people into asylums.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

americans are so headfucked they can now only talk about stopping people from having guns in the context of 'we have a mental health issue, not a gun control issue' so i'm not sure what you were expecting

we do have a mental health issue, people think owning guns makes them safer

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
but get hosed if you think we should dismantle the various capitalist systems creating hopeless, frustrated, and violent people. we'll just try to talk about keeping them from getting guns, but not actually take any steps to prevent it.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

america: just pick a scapegoat gently caress it who cares

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

we do have a mental health issue, people think owning guns makes them safer

yeah it's weird how every country in the anglosphere except the us treats the desire to own a firearm for self-defence as a mental health issue that disqualifies you from gun ownership, i know

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Taiwan #1 :devil:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

Dana Loesch brought up some weird obscure gun that was designed in the 1700s for naval battles (but never used) that only fired 9 shots a minute as a defense of the rambo hell-guns we have now

so yeah

yeah the puckle gun, which was a tripod mounted weapon designed to defend merchant vessels against piracy

you could order it in two versions, one that shot round bullets to use against christians, and one that shot square bullets to use against the perfidious turkmen

it was a commercial failure and never saw use in the americas

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah the puckle gun, which was a tripod mounted weapon designed to defend merchant vessels against piracy

you could order it in two versions, one that shot round bullets to use against christians, and one that shot square bullets to use against the perfidious turkmen

thank u spirit of the free market

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

SpaceGoku posted:

what if like one dude back then had a death rifle

would he be king

ttruuummp

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gun control has the slightest glimmer of a faint possibility of happening so this is a great opportunity to drive up gun sales.

Then they can kill the legislation and wait like a trap door spider for the next mass shooting. These dead kids are really good for their bottom line.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the only thing the NRA feels is its own collective erection as Marco Rubio wipes his rear end on dead kids

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Food Boner posted:

what if like one dude back then had a death rifle

would he be king
nah they'd just hit em while they slept.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Gun control has the slightest glimmer of a faint possibility of happening so this is a great opportunity to drive up gun sales.

Then they can kill the legislation and wait like a trap door spider for the next mass shooting. These dead kids are really good for their bottom line.

Gun companies love gun control as much as a gangster loves prohibition

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

"A lot, so long as it is only extremely patchily enforced"?

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

jBrereton posted:

nah they'd just hit em while they slept.

Food Boner posted:

what if like two dudes back then had a death rifle

would they be co-kings

ttruuummp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

I thought they liked the fight for it but not if it actually happened, same as anti-abortion activists and banning abortion.

• Locked thread