Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Haru's dad kicked it in my game, can I still complete Kawakami's social link?
e for spoilers

HIJK fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HIJK posted:

Haru's dad kicked it in my game, can I still complete Kawakami's social link?

You should probably tag this, for one.

Second, I wasn't sure what you meant until I remembered that you can't go into Mementos after the deadline for the fifth Palace. You have to wait until the sixth Palace begins before it lets you go back.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I was also expecting Haru to have trust issues after Palace 5. Seems like a real missed opportunity to flesh out/complicate the "are we doing the right thing" subplot.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Arist posted:

You should probably tag this, for one.

Second, I wasn't sure what you meant until I remembered that you can't go into Mementos after the deadline for the fifth Palace. You have to wait until the sixth Palace begins before it lets you go back.

went ahead and tagged it, thanks. So basically once Palace 6 begins I can complete?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HIJK posted:

went ahead and tagged it, thanks. So basically once Palace 6 begins I can complete?

Yeah, should be the case.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I would love if you could nickname the Personas like Pokemons.

This would definitely be named Nicholas Cage.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stumpus posted:

I was also expecting Haru to have trust issues after Palace 5. Seems like a real missed opportunity to flesh out/complicate the "are we doing the right thing" subplot.

I was accidentally spoiled on the traitor being Akechi, but granted it was pretty obviously set up, yet even still I couldn't help but think after the fifth palace that Haru's trust issues would have led her to cooperate with police.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any tips for getting Lachesis with Tetraja? I got Clotho and Lachesis but Clotho has full moveset. So strengthening Lachesis with Clotho is really low chance of getting Tetraja.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ulio posted:

Any tips for getting Lachesis with Tetraja? I got Clotho and Lachesis but Clotho has full moveset. So strengthening Lachesis with Clotho is really low chance of getting Tetraja.

Throw a Principality in the chair and it becomes a Tetraja card.

The seventh palace has v cool music. Also I love how in the lead up to it all my confidants were checking on me :3:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I switched up my Party a bit, brought in Morgana and Ryuji, and found Palace 5 a bit easier. I'm still not done with it, but I got through the Barracks and into the Factory. I had a couple of problems with the big robots, but once I figured out their weaknesses it was fine.

I've got an SP Adhesive 3 on Joker and it's working wonders also! I've been stacking it with a Neko Shogun who has Invigorate 1.

FENCH DIGGITY
Oct 23, 2010

hee-ho, fuccboi

Ulio posted:

Clotho + Kodama = Lilim with Tetraja
Lilim + Take-Minakata = Lachesis

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/list will be useful for you as you keep progressing the twins' s.link. It will help you plan out your endgame persona squad as well.

FENCH DIGGITY fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 21, 2018

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Ulio posted:

I would love if you could nickname the Personas like Pokemons.

This would definitely be named Nicholas Cage.

That would be cool. I also wish at the end of the game, you could see a list or chain of all the Personae you captured and fused to see what Persona you started with and what it turned into at the end, as you tend to lose track.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FENCH DIGGITY posted:

Clotho + Kodama = Lilim with Tetraja
Lilim + Take-Minakata = Lachesis

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/list will be useful for you as you keep progressing the twins' s.link. It will help you plan out your endgame persona squad as well.

Ya been using that but I read somewhere to do Clotho as sacrifice to Lacheiss would be the easiest to do but I had too much arcana burst and ended up with too many moves.

I will try your method seems like a sure fire way to do it.

Is it possible to only get 1 attribute gain when you strength a persona? Or is the minimum always two attributes gained per level up? In a video I watched it said more attributes gained per level up means more spread up points and less attributes means more points in certain attributes.

FENCH DIGGITY
Oct 23, 2010

hee-ho, fuccboi

Ulio posted:

Ya been using that but I read somewhere to do Clotho as sacrifice to Lacheiss would be the easiest to do but I had too much arcana burst and ended up with too many moves.

Is it possible to only get 1 attribute gain when you strength a persona? Or is the minimum always two attributes gained per level up? In a video I watched it said more attributes gained per level up means more spread up points and less attributes means more points in certain attributes.

I've never seen less than 2 attributes get boosted in a sacrifice and I've spent a lot of time doing them. Even rolling 2 stats is a pain in the rear end sometimes so if it's possible it's gotta be a super small chance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ulio posted:

My method is like a billion times easier :(

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

FENCH DIGGITY posted:

I've never seen less than 2 attributes get boosted in a sacrifice and I've spent a lot of time doing them. Even rolling 2 stats is a pain in the rear end sometimes so if it's possible it's gotta be a super small chance.

It's possible, but it's fairly unlikely (probably card dependent too) and it's even worse when you're going for a specific stat. I saw them quite a few times when making my 99 luck Fortuna card for confuse farming, which took way longer than I'd like.

FENCH DIGGITY
Oct 23, 2010

hee-ho, fuccboi
I applaud you for having the patience to sacrifice a persona up to 99 luck, I got to like 60 on my sandman and called it quits

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I'm not sure it was worth it. I guess it was trading one tedium for another, but I think stopping at 60'ish and just spending more confusion-spamming time in combat would've been less mind-numbing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

My method is like a billion times easier :(

What do you mean by principality though? I haven't used the itemize/cards mechanic yet. I was thinking you need to find the Tetraja card then give to someone. But if I understand what you are saying. You can sacrifice personas to get a skill card? Is that it?

AG3 posted:

It's possible, but it's fairly unlikely (probably card dependent too) and it's even worse when you're going for a specific stat. I saw them quite a few times when making my 99 luck Fortuna card for confuse farming, which took way longer than I'd like.

This is why I was asking this. Does Fortuna cards have higher luck? What level is your 99 luck persona? So far I just started the confuse farming trick in mementos and I have a 44luck Sandman, I got like 30k per turn off one of the mementos but I forgot to switch difficulty to easy before the fight so he get removing confuse after 1 turn.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Ulio posted:

This is why I was asking this. Does Fortuna cards have higher luck? What level is your 99 luck persona? So far I just started the confuse farming trick in mementos and I have a 44luck Sandman, I got like 30k per turn off one of the mementos but I forgot to switch difficulty to easy before the fight so he get removing confuse after 1 turn.

I think Fortuna has high base luck, but it's still a lot of work to get it to 99. I posted it earlier in the thread, seems it was level 89 by the time I finished it:

AG3 posted:

It took over 1 million yen to finish due to using the register/resummon method, but it finally made getting more money for finishing the compendium pretty painless:

A level ~30 Mementos boss drops between 140k-180k yen each time. Doing it solo with joker to speed it up it was quick and painless to hit the 10 million yen cap.

Probably could've been cheaper if I'd kept her level low by only keeping the +3 luck level ups instead of letting all those +1 luck ones fly, but I was getting bored.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ulio posted:

What do you mean by principality though? I haven't used the itemize/cards mechanic yet. I was thinking you need to find the Tetraja card then give to someone. But if I understand what you are saying. You can sacrifice personas to get a skill card? Is that it?

Principality is the name of a persona.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/persona/Principality

And yeah, Igor has a thing that lets you sacrifice personas to get an item. It's not always a skill card, but in this case it's not only a card but a card with the exact skill you need :v: Maybe that's gated behind ranks with Igor, I had it at the point I was doing that rank of the Twins though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Principality is the name of a persona.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/persona/Principality

And yeah, Igor has a thing that lets you sacrifice personas to get an item. It's not always a skill card, but in this case it's not only a card but a card with the exact skill you need :v: Maybe that's gated behind ranks with Igor, I had it at the point I was doing that rank of the Twins though.

Ya I think I have it I just haven't used it but I'll check this mechanic out when I play next.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ann I'm conflicted. I really like you but so does my cat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

the thing to keep in mind about morgana is that for the most part he's not really doing teddie-esque sexual creeping on her, he's an uptight dork who believes he's a ninja and is trying to curry favor with her like she's some haughty feudal warrior-queen

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I hated having pets in the room while having sex before but now its so much worse

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I feel ya brah. Who am I to stand between a cigar smoking thief kitty and love?

It still cracks me up whenever ann blows thru a bunch of baddies and my cat says breathlessly/reverently "you're so gorgeous panther".

Its a shame he's constantly an rear end to my bro ryuji. Wtf. Ryuji doesnt throw him any shade whats the major malfunction!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ryuji deserves it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I did the romance path with Ann specifically because Morgana is the loving worst and I’m hoping there’s a dialogue option to rub his goddamn face in it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Ryuji deserves it

WTF. Rude.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Ryuji deserves it

ICEphoEnix,

THE TraSH TALKiNG poo poo eatING SINneR of SHADE. YoU HAVe casUAllY InsULTed a BRah wHO NevER did NUthIN to YOu. WE HavE DeCIDed to MAKE yOU cOnFESS YouR SINS wITH your OWn mOuTH. we WILL TAKe Ur disTORTed HeaRT WIThouT FAiL.

ThE gAY AGEnDa

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Got a Party wipe in the 5th Palace when I was, I think, right at the end. I was in the room with the hydraulic presses. These Grimhelkas with Deathbound can seriously just go to h*ck. It was mostly down to my own stupidity really, I left Morgana (and I think also Ann, but that was the bloody AIs fault) with no SP, so he couldn't heal the party. I lost about an hour's progress, and just didn't feel like re-doing it last night.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fuse (or persuade) an Ahrahabaki, or a Grimehlka of your own, then laugh at them.

Also if it helps, you were probably only about halfway through the palace.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My biggest issue with Morgana is that he loves dishing out poo poo but has a much harder time taking it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hunt11 posted:

My biggest issue with Morgana is that he loves dishing out poo poo but has a much harder time taking it.

And he will always do the dumbest poo poo in the world after talking about how smart he is. Like setting off that alarm in the second palace because he saw something shiny.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

This drove me nuts, he shits on ryuji for months straight. Ryuji says one thing back and he sulks off. Go gently caress yourself I'll decide when I'm tired you stupid cat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gaius Marius posted:

This drove me nuts, he shits on ryuji for months straight. Ryuji says one thing back and he sulks off. Go gently caress yourself I'll decide when I'm tired you stupid cat.

The fact you don’t have a “Go gently caress off, you Pinocchio-rear end motherfucker” option when he comes back is a major issue.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Fuse (or persuade) an Ahrahabaki, or a Grimehlka of your own, then laugh at them.

Also if it helps, you were probably only about halfway through the palace.
I have an Ahrahabaki but it has no useful skills of its own. I maybe need to fuse one to get some. They're generally not a problem, I have a Persona with Bless skills. It's just that it always takes 2 knock-downs to kill them, and for some reason they also get 2 turns close together after I knock them down.

Only half-way through, though? :staredog:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
With the Grimehlkas at that stage I usually just negotiate through them since they're kind of a pain to deal with otherwise. If you somehow managed to get one of your own (which usually means maxing Sun already), then negotiation is auto-successful.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Best way to get apt pupil on Seth is by strengthening it with something or negotiating with Andras?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nathilus posted:

WTF. Rude.

Maybe if he could keep his dumb mouth shut and not turn into a ball of rage at the smallest slight he'd be ok but both things have gotten us in more trouble than he's worth :colbert: