Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halser
Aug 24, 2016
jesus is quite knowledgeable about living without a father, after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Halser posted:

jesus is quite knowledgeable about living without a father, after all

Jesus had two dads, what are you on about?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

:eyepop:

Although, yeah, it's that you could say this at almost any time and be basically correct.

Yeah that is actually true

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Them dang BS memes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Of they are planting crisis actors, why are they giving him the same name? :tinfoil:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bombadilillo posted:

Of they are planting crisis actors, why are they giving him the same name? :tinfoil:

The crisis in California being a mean lifeguard yelling at and threatening teenagers on vacation.

I, for one, can't imagine how a 17-year-old could possibly get from California to Florida in just 6 months. It's just not possible.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Them dang BS memes.

The 18 school shooting thing is straight up propaganda from a gun control group and is bs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c3fe_story.html

Bombadilillo posted:

Trump cutting back the fake news budget

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Blue Train posted:

The 18 school shooting thing is straight up propaganda from a gun control group and is bs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c3fe_story.html

Trump cutting back the fake news budget

Well gently caress, it was only five real school shootings. Nothing to be concerned over, stop panicking please.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Well gently caress, it was only five real school shootings. Nothing to be concerned over, stop panicking please.

Yea may as well just quadruple the number because falsifying figures doesn't drive acceptance of retarded rear end conspiracy theories

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
That same article says that 3 were intentional shootings that didn't injure, so I'm not sure why those aren't counted just because they didn't succeed. And one was an accidental discharge by a 12-year-old that did hurt people, and the kid was arrested. It's still not 18, for sure, and "Gun was discharged on school grounds at any time" is too broad of a definition, but I still think that "Gun is intentionally shot during school hour and leads to injuries or death" might also be a little bit too restrictive. It's still at least doubling the actual rate regardless, so I guess it's a dumb point, but I really don't think either 5 or 18 are entirely correct.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The left: well we really need to create a grand unifying definition of what a school shooting is so we can maintain the accuracy of our facts and figures
The right: CRISIS ACTORS ABORTIONS FALSE FLAG SOROS

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I feel so much better about kids being massacred knowing that it was 5 school schootings instead of 18. God bless.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agreed, in an age of idiots screaming fake news for anything not on fox or breitbart i don't see the problem with multiple outlets and politicians literally parroting fake news

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
At least the organization openly states their definition of school shooting and sticks to it. There was a shooting and there was a school. That covers both words in the term!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The discharge of a firearm on school property seems like the perfect metric if your policy goal is to reduce the discharges of firearms on school property.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Elderbean posted:

I feel so much better about kids being massacred knowing that it was 5 school schootings instead of 18. God bless.

You'd prefer the 18 be true? Seems weird but carry on!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Fresh off the presses.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

what kind of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Confederate flag flying outside every trailer, Chevy symbol chest tattoo, MAGA hat wearing, six year old son still in diapers, life is like a box of chocolates, sweet tea brewing, moonshine running, mountain dew drinking, NASCAR loving, pile of empty bud light cans in the passenger seat of a beat down pickup poo poo is this

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

central dogma posted:

Fresh off the presses.

Massaging the stats, eh? Only murder by gun? That leaves out tons of gun deaths, including manslaughter (and plenty of those suicides).

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

technically he had 4 dads including himself and the holy spirit

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Massaging the stats, eh? Only murder by gun? That leaves out tons of gun deaths, including manslaughter (and plenty of those suicides).

The point is that we should eliminate all other death before we try to tackle something as miniscule as murder.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Former DILF posted:

technically he had 4 dads including himself and the holy spirit

Well, that really depends on your orthodoxy. Whether Jesus had 3 separate dads or was himself 3 of his own dads in addition to Joseph is actually what caused the schism.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

SpacePig posted:

Well, that really depends on your orthodoxy. Whether Jesus had 3 separate dads or was himself 3 of his own dads in addition to Joseph is actually what caused the schism.

i forgot, no matter how rules lawyery you get with judeochristian mythos its already been litigated and schismed

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

what kind of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Confederate flag flying outside every trailer, Chevy symbol chest tattoo, MAGA hat wearing, six year old son still in diapers, life is like a box of chocolates, sweet tea brewing, moonshine running, mountain dew drinking, NASCAR loving, pile of empty bud light cans in the passenger seat of a beat down pickup poo poo is this

someone hack the forums and allow thread titles this long tia

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

ChesterJT posted:

You'd prefer the 18 be true? Seems weird but carry on!

he's saying both numbers are terrible realities

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

OMFG FURRY posted:

he's saying both numbers are terrible realities

No poo poo. My point is most people would be happier (ie less depressed) if the number was 5 rather than 18. Neither is good but one is certainly better.

My constantly depressed facebook acquaintance has been on a roll

and then a day later posts this.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 22, 2018

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

central dogma posted:

Fresh off the presses.

It's kind of weird that they would so specifically list 'murder by guns' because that number would hopefully be zero no matter what, whereas some abortions can save the life of the mother or even one child if it were twins.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What's the first panel supposed to mean? She soiled herself?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Grevling posted:

What's the first panel supposed to mean? She soiled herself?

He's tucking her in, instead of terrorizing her, because her husband is abusive

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It's a very abstract loss.jpg

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Code Jockey posted:

someone hack the forums and allow thread titles this long tia

Hell, make the title of GBS this.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Sid Vicious posted:

He's tucking her in, instead of terrorizing her, because her husband is abusive

Thanks, that makes more sense than what I thought.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

central dogma posted:

Fresh off the presses.

Pretty sure those fetuses weren't US citizens yet :thunk:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Are you saying it's okay to MURDER a non-resident fetus?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Grevling posted:

Thanks, that makes more sense than what I thought.

You're welcome my friend

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Tricky D posted:

The point is that we should eliminate all other death before we try to tackle something as miniscule as murder.

Oh. I took it to mean that it wasn’t a big deal, so there wasn’t any point in doing anything about it. I’ve been reading too much Trump lol thread.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Buttcoin purse posted:

Are you saying it's okay to MURDER a non-resident fetus?

1) If the fetus wanted the protections of American citizenship, they should've gone through the whole process. I don't know why some fetuses think this is so hard.

2) Mod please change my name to Non-Resident Fetus thanks.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

mono posted:

Pretty sure those fetuses weren't US citizens yet :thunk:

Depends on who you ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Pvt.Scott posted:

Depends on who you ask.

Where's the long-form birth certificate!!?

• Locked thread