Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The beauty of Trump -- and I'm loathe to say this -- is that you can make him turn on ANYTHING as long as you boo the right people and threaten his approval ratings. And his rear end in a top hat supporters will follow along because they're more in love with the man than his positions.

Those people in Florida who booed the gently caress out of Rubio and Loesch have more weight than the loving NRA. That's the thing right now. If you could do that in an more effective way, you can turn the GOP inside out.

Trump believes in nothing, and that is the greatest threat to Republicans right now.

otoh his 'comprehensive background checks with an emphasis on Mental Health' is probably going to be complete garbage. It's not going to be universal background checks, it'll be another way to keep guns out of the hands of minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

wouldn't this mean no that the teachers need AR15s or better since what is a handgun going to do against an armored target with automatic rifles

Max Payne is real and my friend, buddy so let me tell you...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

now we just have to wait a couple weeks to see what john kelly thinks about guns (my guess: he thinks they own) since trump isn't really the president

John Kelly "thinks"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also Stephen Miller will get in his ear later today and get him to walk that tweet back

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Quotey posted:

just put a nice big gatling gun on every teacher's desk

hand crank one though, next to the hand crank pencil sharpener

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

D1E posted:

Seems like there should be trenches and sandbags surrounding a manned gun emplacement with a .50 cal or at least a minigun for maximum safety.

and air support on standby.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
as president my plan to let schools fight back is to make every student open palm slam a vhs copy of the boondock saints into the slot and start doing all the moves, every morning

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Our wonderful military needs to create FANTASTIC bombs to put inside our beautiful children so that when a SAVAGE SICKO shoots them the bomb explodes bigly and takes out the SICKO KILLER. Get him out of here!

Take his coat!

:smugdon:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bloom posted:

these are the stories of the gun adepts

*lunch lady drops from ceiling and headshots two bad guys with her dual deagles, is shot by cops moments later*

While the valedictorian was just Baker Act'd for posting a dissenting viewpoint on the prom queen election.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

trump is bad

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

*roaming mob of armed Trump University™ trained teachers goes on the offense in suburbia to hunt down sickos*

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

mastershakeman posted:

we have 6.5 more years of this phenomenal entertainment. life is great

are u wearing the hat?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Nikolas Cruz who is still alive knows how insane this country looks right now

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

GobiasIndustries posted:

otoh his 'comprehensive background checks with an emphasis on Mental Health' is probably going to be complete garbage. It's not going to be universal background checks, it'll be another way to keep guns out of the hands of minorities.

It's gonna be used to weaken HIPAA laws so corporations get access to your mental health records. Ever been depressed? Well we can't risk hiring you!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh indeed. But the fact he went from some complete fantasy about some mythical 20% of teachers having guns to 'gently caress it, we'll ban bump stocks' shows just how malleable that worm food he calls a brain is. And one way to counter the 'last person he talked to' dementia symptom is to hold his approval ratings hostage.

You could literally control him like a puppet if you had a ratings firm that was an outlier in the opposite direction. Gun rights? Trump hitting 29%? He would ban guns outright. He's easily played, is what I'm getting at, and you would think someone would start doing that just to gently caress with him completely.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

its me, sicko disc jockey

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

just have pill boxes at every hallway intersection

tired:

wired:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

wtf is a bump stock

just ban all guns lmao

between this and rejecting "heal the sick for free" you guys dont half like making things complicated and useless

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

mormonpartyboat posted:

as president my plan to let schools fight back is to make every student open palm slam a vhs copy of the boondock saints into the slot and start doing all the moves, every morning

instead of the pledge of allegiance they say the prayer from the movie

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

the Albanian style of school design

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Crusader posted:

trump has a child's understanding of firearms use, derived entirely from fast-forwarding through movies until he sees the brave strong hero first responder dropping browns

The children actually understand this issue quite well.

Trump's problem is that he's taking the things republicans have been saying as "red meat to the base but not serious policy considerations" and running with them.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Blister posted:

It's gonna be used to weaken HIPAA laws so corporations get access to your mental health records. Ever been depressed? Well we can't risk hiring you!

Yeah this is what really scares me

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Daycrew posted:

its me, sicko disc jockey

also couldnt find this set of movies on imdb :(

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

preview for season 69 of ap bio

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ximxe4XtU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah this is what really scares me

stop being scared and embrace the madness

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

the background checks bill trump is talking about is actually the Fix NISC bill, a bill to improve reporting into the existing background check system we have by funding it properly.

it would not have stopped parkland

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
you know where they didn't have many school shootings? Hoxha's Albania. Lot to learn!

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
We should think about putting a special mark on anyone with mental instabilities to be safe, maybe somewhere visible so people can see them coming. How about a database too, it's dangerous if that kid bagging groceries with downs syndrome lives in my neighborhood, HE COULD SNAP

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

hmm but do you load them with the classic 3 marine 1 firebat combo, and risk collateral fire damage to other students / the school?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

preview for season 69 of ap bio

that doesn't seem like an effective way to fire a gunns

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol can't wait for Sean Hannity to suddenly be like "yes I have always been in favor of these things"

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/966653817109598212

gun adepts would never let this happen

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

gradenko_2000 posted:

tired:

wired:

this game owned

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

nopantsjack posted:

wtf is a bump stock

its a device intended to assist persons whose hands have limited mobility to “bump-fire” an AR-15 type rifle

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Blister posted:

jokes on you i self medicate!!!

*writes the lamb dies down on broadway*

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We are in some USSR pre-collapse level poo poo

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

that doesn't seem like an effective way to fire a gunns

it's a smart gunns so the bullets know when to shoot

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
my junior high science teacher blew up our classroom because he was teaching the "how to start a fire" portion of his "survival" lecture and forget he left one of the gas taps open

he was an ex-sheriff

anyway, i don't think there should be guns in classrooms (or anywhere on earth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Phi230 posted:

We are in some USSR pre-collapse level poo poo

Yeah lol

• Locked thread