Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Armed guards in every school and let us fill the asylums and the prisons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's also something called a "gat crank", which is a mechanism that you place inside the trigger guard, and then you turn a crank - the device repeatedly presses down on the trigger for you, again to simulate automatic fire.

there was also a recent invention of a glove with a small electric motor that causes the index finger to twitch, again with the intent of allowing you to virtually pull the trigger so quickly that it simulates automatic fire

now you're making poo poo up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Morning goons.
Country still a wasteland?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

There's a new Death Wish movie coming out

I hope it's topical and the guy is a teacher now instead of an engineer

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

lmao god bless America

dogg its way stupider than that. here's the actual batfe determination letter sent to the slide fire guys

quote:

U.S. Department of Justice AND EXPL
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

JUN 07 2010
This is in reference to your submission and accompanying letter to the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), asking for an evaluation of a replacement shoulder stock for an AR-15 type rifle. Your letter advises that the stock (referenced in this reply as a “bump-stock”) is intended to assist persons whose hands have limited mobility to “bump-fire” an AR-15 type rifle. Your submission includes the following: a block to replace the pistol grip while providing retention for the selector stop spring; a hollow shoulder stock intended to be installed over the rear of an AR-15 fitting with a sliding-stock type buffer-tube assembly; and a set of assembly instructions.

The FTB evaluation confirmed that the submitted stock (see enclosed photos) does attach to the rear of an AR-15 type rifle which has been fitted with a sliding shoulder-stock type buffer-tube assembly. The stock has no automatically functioning mechanical parts or springs and performs no automatic mechanical function when installed. In order to use the installed device, the shooter must apply constant forward pressure with the non-shooting hand and constant rearward pressure with the shooting hand. Accordingly, we find that the “bump-stock” is a firearm part and is not regulated as a firearm under Gun Control Act or the National Firearms Act.

Per your telephoned instructions, we will contact you separately to make return delivery arrangements.

We thank you for your inquiry and trust that the foregoing has been responsive.
Sincerely yours,
John R. Spencer
Chief, Firearms Technology Branch

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

ban guns, bring back grenadiers
resident petarded so what

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

if you google “gunpowder” literally the whole front page is for the new tv show

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what about these robots? could they stop a savage sicko????

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's also something called a "gat crank", which is a mechanism that you place inside the trigger guard, and then you turn a crank - the device repeatedly presses down on the trigger for you, again to simulate automatic fire.

there was also a recent invention of a glove with a small electric motor that causes the index finger to twitch, again with the intent of allowing you to virtually pull the trigger so quickly that it simulates automatic fire

this is why the most sensible gun control position is no guns allowed at all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if my family is representative , peolple with mental illness are extremely powerful

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Make schools into prisons, no one shoots up a prison. :smugbert:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Not the gun thing, the possibility of letting employers review your medical records.

Yeah, that would be bad.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

mormonpartyboat posted:

its a device intended to assist persons whose hands have limited mobility to “bump-fire” an AR-15 type rifle

wtf is a bump fire?

imagine im from a country where civilians cant carry assault rifles, or indeed, even a simple pistol!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

radical meme posted:

Lol, why? If they prohibit gun sales to anyone that's ever been prescribed an antidepressant, nobody in the U.S. will ever again be able to buy a gun. Problem solved.

What happens at the gun show, stays at the gun show.

I think the best idea is to run with the method Australia used. Do a cash for clunkers, but guns. (Come on goons, I know you've got some good names for this.) Gold for guns??? I dunno.

Basically, if you institute a buyback for a high enough price, the invisible hand of the free market will compel people to steal each others guns and sell them to the government.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/greta/status/966670112836202496

deep...YELLOW line?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mariana Horchata posted:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

nopantsjack posted:

wtf is a bump fire?

imagine im from a country where civilians cant carry assault rifles, or indeed, even a simple pistol!

shoot fast

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

Holy poo poo, Chopping Mall became a reality!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

What happens at the gun show, stays at the gun show.

I think the best idea is to run with the method Australia used. Do a cash for clunkers, but guns. (Come on goons, I know you've got some good names for this.) Gold for guns??? I dunno.

Basically, if you institute a buyback for a high enough price, the invisible hand of the free market will compel people to steal each others guns and sell them to the government.

sorry tax cuts for the rich

no funds

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Solarin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jif4Wo0LDX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9w-N0RGs7I

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

jerry seinfel posted:

There's a new Death Wish movie coming out

I hope it's topical and the guy is a teacher now instead of an engineer

I had an idea for a Death Wish reboot. It would be set in Iraq and be about an Iraqi dude fighting ISIS after they killed his family

I hope that's what the new Death Wish is about

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how after a mass shooting a significant portion of our "leadership" jumps straight to "how can we use this to sell more guns"

America's hosed up

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

GobiasIndustries posted:

loving finally, sorry video peeps but this has been a long time coming.
https://twitter.com/lpolgreen/status/966325312412901376

uh, TRUMP

vox blows

a lot of my academic friends do free writing for them as "publicity"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Teachers just get shot first like 2nd lieutenants

Bing bong

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
being an American is very normal and good, I love the USA :911:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

imagine wanting to be a writer lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
well, teachers have always complained about parent/teacher conference days and having to deal with jerk administrator vice principals, I bet those interactions might change quite a bit if the teachers are in full rambo gear during meetings

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

if everyone is in prison then no mass shootings

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

also lol the new vox union could do nothing about these firings? great work

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

sorry tax cuts for the rich

no funds

Here's the kicker. Say there's a problem and the guns are registered as being stolen. Seize and destroy, no money changes hands.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Quotey posted:

shoot fast

so american political opinion is reluctantly coalescing around "if guns shoot slower, this not happen"?

rather than just BAN ALL GUNS
you CANNOT be trusted with them

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

nopantsjack posted:

wtf is a bump fire?

in video games with semiautomatic fire, you can set the mouse wheel to fire the gun. then you just roll the wheel and fire 20 shots in 2 seconds

it’s like that trick but for real life

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's got so much executive time today, we're definitely gonna get another round of psychotic tweets.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

“restrictions on the mentally ill!” cried our mentally ill prez and his sicko party

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

euphronius posted:

imagine wanting to be a writer lmao

english majors w/ no understanding of real-world financial pressures are cool

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Solarin posted:

Lol the ATF rejected the autoglove

Owned

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lawman 0 posted:

Maybe I can find some shelter from the oncoming storm.
Def won't find it here

you ain't gonna find it elsewhere either, not even some far-flung Pacific island because either a huge hurricane is going to hit you, the sea will reclaim it, or the loving Aussies are going to pave over your rear end to make a concentration camp. Europe is loving toast, everyone there is either trying to get out or get rich trying to suck russian oligarchs off, Scandinavia is thawing into fever swamps where they sell plots of land under the north sea to exxon or rosneft, China is rolling on Africa like some roofie-slinging frat prince.

There is literally nowhere anyone anywhere can possibly find shelter, Antarctica's icecap is loving breaking in half and the land ice shelves there are sliding into the sea so congrats on wasting a bunch of time money and effort to die pitifully in a slightly different place

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FactsAreUseless posted:

See? This is why all the posters who were like BUT MENTAL ILLNESS should be ashamed of themselves. It's just conservative propaganda to push the problem on a powerless group.

im ashamed and u were right :smith:

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
I wonder if they could determine DNA evidence if like, 20 people shat in a box and we sent it to trumop. Goon project?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Donny T and the Savage SIckos would be a good band name.

• Locked thread