Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
official theme song for expansion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_SxiP6RZ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
wiz took off work today tomorrow and all next week about to poop in a sock for two weeks mashing reload on the steam store

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Was just watching someone stream the new expansion. He declared war against someone and slaughtered their ships. The enemy reached 100% war exhaustion and tried to surrender (I think) but the guy streaming didn't notice the notification. He stayed at war until his own was exhaustion reached 100% and got an automatic status quo peace.

It was really unclear what had happened since he was winning - I feel like if the enemy reaches 100% before you and you don't notice, the surrender should be forced rather than the status quo being forced once both sides are at 100%.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i went back and looked at the OP, is it telling that the first post is "1.5 can't come soon enough"?

it's like we're trapped in a repeating cycle....

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Patch started!

e: I'm on 2.0, just waiting for the DLC to unlock on Steam now :f5:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 22, 2018

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

i went back and looked at the OP, is it telling that the first post is "1.5 can't come soon enough"?

it's like we're trapped in a repeating cycle....

It’s time to End the cycle.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
3.0 when

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's past 3 PM, where's Apocalypse?? :colbert:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's up! :holy:

Release trailer seems to follow up from the announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssQqRk3qQM

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Installling right now, pretty hyped

Gonna start as the brave race of Default Humans and brutally subjugate the galaxy in the name of Freedom and Democracy and other good things

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Let's try this hyperlane business then

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Bloody Pom posted:

Release trailer seems to follow up from the announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssQqRk3qQM

If that "windows zapping into existence" thing isn't part of the patch I will be sorely disappointed.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Why has nobody made a Freespace ship pack yet?

Freespace's ship classes being loving weird might have something to do with it, honestly. Cruisers are the smallest and destroyers the largest, with corvettes and frigates in between :thunk:

Doesnt really matter - there is one but it has mostly funky models ive not seen outside of FS mods and doesnt seem to include any of the iconic ones, like the Orion.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Westminster System posted:

Doesnt really matter - there is one but it has mostly funky models ive not seen outside of FS mods and doesnt seem to include any of the iconic ones, like the Orion.

Really the only issue with making a Freespace pack are, as mentioned, the fact that they have four divisions of capital ships and Stellaris (now) has five. The conversion would look something like this:

Stellaris Corvettes = Freespace Cruisers
Stellaris Destroyers = Freespace ????
Stellaris Cruisers = Freespace Corvettes
Stellaris Battleships = Freespace Destroyers
Stellaris Colossus/Sathanas Ships = Freespace Titans

You'd probably have to make something from scratch for Stellaris Destroyers or borrow from a mod.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Hey guys I think my version is bugged, I can't choose Wormholes??!?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gyrotica posted:

Really the only issue with making a Freespace pack are, as mentioned, the fact that they have four divisions of capital ships and Stellaris (now) has five. The conversion would look something like this:

You'd probably have to make something from scratch for Stellaris Destroyers or borrow from a mod.

Stellaris Destroyers are clearly the NTF Icini :colbert:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

canepazzo posted:

Hey guys I think my version is bugged, I can't choose Wormholes??!?

try picking the 1.0 beta from yoru steam dropdown!!!!!!!!!

e: Setting music slider to 100%, captain.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 22, 2018

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

axeil posted:

Stellaris Destroyers are clearly the NTF Icini :colbert:

IIRC wasn't the Iceni more of a hulked out FS Corvette rather than a hulked out FS Cruiser?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know I can't blame the guy for being disappointed. Maybe Stellaris really was perfect for him just the way it was. Clearly he liked it.

Given how radical these changes are, I wouldn't blame folks for being disappointed at all. That said...

Aethernet posted:

Stellaris 2.0: The Assassination Of Warp Drive By The Coward Martin Anward

...this is gold. And now I'm off to check this thing out and likely not get enough sleep tonight for work tomorrow.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Can't build science or construction ships? Can't design the ship types either. What's up?

Edit: Nevermind they are built with the planets not the shipyards

Hryme fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 22, 2018

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

A function for gender-specific surnames was added in, and yet feminine nomen forms weren't added to the Roman namelist. I'm going to pre-emptively cancel all my Paradox preorders from here on out. :colbert:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hryme posted:

Can't build science or construction ships? Can't design the ship types either. What's up?

Build them from a planet, not a shipyard.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Hryme posted:

Civilian ships are built on planets. They are automatically updated with the most advanced components you've researched, so they don't need to be designed.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks guys

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I really don't get why there's a division between military and civilian ships tbh

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
What does this new DLC add, in goon speech? Is it worth it?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Two Feet From Bread posted:

In goon speech? It puts stairs in your house.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New DLC is all about the pew pew pew

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The end of the world as they know it and it feels fine

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
The early game at least is so much better than before. You're very limited by the science ship exploration speed and the cost of outposts that you need to build everywhere, so there's a very real reason to decide which direction you want to expand into. Way slower and more methodical than the old system of sending your frigates to circle the whole galaxy and just grabbing the best planets wherever they are.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
How in the hell did the Fleet Manager get released in such a hosed up state? In no way share or form should a button labeled "Delete Template" completely disband your entire fleet. Or less critically, why create a separate line item for each variant of the same design name even when none exist yet and an upgrade hasn't been queued?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Anyone else getting the sound muffled/bugged on ship designer? Thought it was fixed with 1.9 but seems back in 2.0

E: Seems to only happen if I open the ship designer when on galaxy map. Not happening if opening on System map.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 22, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bloody Pom posted:

Which ship style is that at 1:03?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tomn posted:

If that "windows zapping into existence" thing isn't part of the patch I will be sorely disappointed.

It's not. This is worse than when Paradox stopped updating Stellaris 1.9.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like the pirate style, do the horde use that?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nessin posted:

How in the hell did the Fleet Manager get released in such a hosed up state? In no way share or form should a button labeled "Delete Template" completely disband your entire fleet. Or less critically, why create a separate line item for each variant of the same design name even when none exist yet and an upgrade hasn't been queued?

The popup window when clicking disband template should explicity say that you are deleting the fleet, too. Does it not?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Those are Marauder/Pirate ships.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Gyrotica posted:

Well unless you're doing the NSC version..

At least for a straight up Terran side of the GTVA set:

Corvettes = Fenris/Leviathan
Destroyers = Aeolus (You could swap this with the Fenris/Leviathan if you liked)
Cruisers = Deimos
Battleships = Orion / Hecate
And of course then you have the Colossus.

FS1 can be much more difficult, of course.

Easy enough to draw up a Vasudan side considering they have their equivalent Aten/Sobek/Typhon etc etc. Only odd one out would be Colossus but they were an equal partner in that.

A GTVA set for NSC would be varied and awesome. though.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Wiz posted:

Those are Marauder/Pirate ships.

Wiz if you ever do a DLC where you can play as pirates please do a synthpop/disco theme clothes and soundtrack content pack called Giorgio Marauders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Wiz posted:

The popup window when clicking disband template should explicity say that you are deleting the fleet, too. Does it not?

It does, but I had selected the second line that had 0 ships associated with it because I wanted to remove that line from the list. I didn't think it was going to disband every single ship, including those I hadn't selected in the list.

• Locked thread