Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Amprex went from reasonably decent to Electric Warcrime. This is a good patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I have a +crit damage/crit chance -fire rate Amprex Riven I need to dust off.

:getin:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Ritznit posted:

I started playing this game, oops. Applied for the goon guild, already very appreciative of how patient people are with answering questions in this thread. Just by reading through the last few pages I've learned more than what the game was actually willing to tell me. I keep reading they revamped the tutorial for this game a few times, but if that's the case then they might wanna go back to the drawing board ... I understand not exactly having room to explain a truckload of stuff right out of the gate, but I still felt woefully underprepared and underequipped for most things a few hours in. More tooltips or somesuch would also be nice.

Either way, thank you lot for being so helpful. I'll be sure to ask my dumb questions in here too when the need arises.

The problem is if they spent the effort of making a proper tutorial of everything, they might have to keep adjusting it every few months. They changed a looooot of things over the years.

The problem with the game is not even some sort of complex system. It's just tons of tons of doodads. Everything requires their own 'currency'. New event needs some sort of counter? New currency loot drop. New quest? New currency. New boss? Goddamn new currency you can't use for anything else. Just a list of the currency loot will take several pages for the explanation. And a lot of them are already defunct. They seriously need to consolidate all the old now-useless drops.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Psion posted:

How can I make my Akbolto primes the critguns they deserve to be? Anything beyond stacking up crit, multishot, and an element or two of my choice?

Don't put the +multishot/+attack speed mod on it.

It may make Warframe Builder numbers look more biggerer, but at the default 8 rounds per second the Akbolto P is already firing faster than what you, a human being, is capable of realistically achieving. That winds up with you essentially only getting a +60% multishot mod, and there are other mods which are more useful than that.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 22, 2018

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

So I just finished Mercury, got my Kubro, leveled my Excalibur to 30. Time for my second Warframe.

I have two blueprints, Oberon Systems and Rinoh systems. If I understand the wiki right, I need to run the bosses that drop these multiple times to get at least one each of the Blueprints for Systems, Chassies and Nuroptics to make a Warframe. Do I have that right?

Is that worth doing now or should I wait until I have ready access to all the required components (Phobos I think).

Also, is it worth putting an Orkin Reactor in the Excalibur? Particular if I’ll be using it to grind new frames?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you farm up each part, craft them, and then combine the crafted parts using a blueprint available from the market. rhino's a good choice to go for first as it is usable for every single game mode, but you will get tons of oberon parts over time since they drop from normal enemies.

as for potatoes, excal doesn't have an obtainable prime version so it's totally fine to stick your first potato in there.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nerdlord tests every beam weapon vs its old version: https://youtu.be/Xlqa5cRPbas

Good stuff DE

drat, those are some significant buffs. I'm gonna have to dust off a bunch of those and give them a fair shake now. Good job DE.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

wid posted:

The problem is if they spent the effort of making a proper tutorial of everything, they might have to keep adjusting it every few months. They changed a looooot of things over the years.

The problem with the game is not even some sort of complex system. It's just tons of tons of doodads. Everything requires their own 'currency'. New event needs some sort of counter? New currency loot drop. New quest? New currency. New boss? Goddamn new currency you can't use for anything else. Just a list of the currency loot will take several pages for the explanation. And a lot of them are already defunct. They seriously need to consolidate all the old now-useless drops.

Oh geez, and here I thought Guild Wars 2 had an annoying amount of currencies. Is there a way to get a comprehensive list of what I got in-game? Guild Wars 2 was at least generous enough to give you a list in your wallet, even if it was still a metric ton of currencies.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ritznit posted:

Oh geez, and here I thought Guild Wars 2 had an annoying amount of currencies. Is there a way to get a comprehensive list of what I got in-game? Guild Wars 2 was at least generous enough to give you a list in your wallet, even if it was still a metric ton of currencies.

It's not really.... currencies, as such. At least not in the traditional MMO sense. It's more prereqs and crafting materials-and everything else that requires "currency" (like the one boss fight that does) is shown first through a quest anyways, so it's not that arcane. They've also changed their quest philosophy from "grind X for Y and we'll give you Z" to the quests just giving frame/weapon blueprints and the parts being grindable outside of and regardless of if you've done the quest or not.

There's two actual currencies, and that's credits and plat. Everything else is crafting materials required for specific things-and if you're missing mats for something and don't know where to get them, you can always ask in clan and someone will take you to farm them.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Ritznit posted:

Credits, platinum and ducats are the only official "currency" currencies; for every other extra/leftover quest token and farmable doodad (including the likes of Rathuum judgement points, Syndicate trinkets and Kavat genetic codes), open the game menu, go to Equipment -> Inventory, and check the "Resources" and "Miscellaneous" tabs. I'm pretty sure everything you own is listed somewhere in that menu, though it's not always sorted in the most intuitive manner.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Naturally Selected posted:

It's not really.... currencies, as such. At least not in the traditional MMO sense. It's more prereqs and crafting materials-and everything else that requires "currency" (like the one boss fight that does) is shown first through a quest anyways, so it's not that arcane. They've also changed their quest philosophy from "grind X for Y and we'll give you Z" to the quests just giving frame/weapon blueprints and the parts being grindable outside of and regardless of if you've done the quest or not.

There's two actual currencies, and that's credits and plat. Everything else is crafting materials required for specific things-and if you're missing mats for something and don't know where to get them, you can always ask in clan and someone will take you to farm them.

they also dont seem to want to remove any of these resources from the game, so for example something called orokin ciphers are still collectible even though the item they were used to craft no longer exists

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yup, but considering just how much poo poo has changed in the game over time (and seeing the loving arsenal bug just sort of reappear after 2 years of not existing), I'm betting that the amount of duct tape and spaghetti holding up the game is enough that removing ciphers would probably cook the entire damage system and/or literally explode their data servers. :v:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Ritznit posted:

Ya sorry I wasn't clear. Others have already explained that there are actually only 3 currencies. But there are so many drops/resources/materials that are only used for one thing. Some of them, like the current Razorback doodad, only drops during events. After this it will just get stashed in your inventory doing jack poo poo.

At least they don't limit your storage space for these things.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

wid posted:

Ya sorry I wasn't clear. Others have already explained that there are actually only 3 currencies. But there are so many drops/resources/materials that are only used for one thing. Some of them, like the current Razorback doodad, only drops during events. After this it will just get stashed in your inventory doing jack poo poo.

At least they don't limit your storage space for these things.

luv my ascaris negator & blueprint

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I used my dumpy, mediocre modded 30 slot atomos this morning and it just wrecked face in a defense mission. I can't wait to get some good mods and throw a catalyst into it to do some real damage.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Levantine posted:

I used my dumpy, mediocre modded 30 slot atomos this morning and it just wrecked face in a defense mission. I can't wait to get some good mods and throw a catalyst into it to do some real damage.

The amprex and atomos were actually very good before the beam fix, but right now they are basically genocide with a trigger, it's ridiculous and good.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The amprex and atomos were actually very good before the beam fix, but right now they are basically genocide with a trigger, it's ridiculous and good.

I used it a bit before and it was oftentimes better than the primary I'd be leveling at the time, but I'm early on and don't have amazing mods so in tougher missions it just didn't do enough for me. The mission I did this morning was one of those and it was super effective without me doing anything. I can't even imagine what it will look like when I get some real mods.

e: I'm really weird with my catalysts. I have a couple but I haven't used any because they seem required for ranking with the factions, and I don't want to waste one on a mediocre weapon (and they seem rare AF)

Levantine fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 22, 2018

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
That's a good question. How does one get Catalysts the easiest, and which weapons that are avaible early-ish would deserve one, if any?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ritznit posted:

That's a good question. How does one get Catalysts the easiest, and which weapons that are avaible early-ish would deserve one, if any?

Catalysts/Reactors (potatoes) only come from alerts/invasions or buying them with plat. It sounds kinda lovely at first, but plat for potatoes/slots is really quite easy to make if you do even a bit of trading once you farming primed parts.

As a rule of thumb, you should never stick a potato in something that has a primed version, since they're strict upgrades on the basic weapon. As for early on, the Hek is a terrific shotgun and will still be useful in the "endgame", or as close as Warframe gets to endgame.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
(Free) Catalysts come from three places, Alerts, Invasions, and as gifts from other people.

Every dev stream (one of which is tomorrow at 2 PM EST, they also give out 1000 plat prizes to 3 random viewers) They set up "Gift of the Lotus" alerts that last for 24 hours. Those can be either Reactors (yellow) or Catalysts (blue). Sometimes you get the rare normal alert that last for about 2-3 hours. Invasions are missions where you fight for one side (grineer or corpus) 3 times and receive a gift when it is over whether the side won or lost. Gifts from people is self explanatory, but no one likes a beggar.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Broose posted:

(Free) Catalysts come from three places, Alerts, Invasions, and as gifts from other people.

Every dev stream (one of which is tomorrow at 2 PM EST, they also give out 1000 plat prizes to 3 random viewers) They set up "Gift of the Lotus" alerts that last for 24 hours. Those can be either Reactors (yellow) or Catalysts (blue). Sometimes you get the rare normal alert that last for about 2-3 hours. Invasions are missions where you fight for one side (grineer or corpus) 3 times and receive a gift when it is over whether the side won or lost. Gifts from people is self explanatory, but no one likes a beggar.

Not to call people in here "beggars" but clearly you weren't here for Christmas. I've literally never seen a goon community this generous.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not to call people in here "beggars" but clearly you weren't here for Christmas. I've literally never seen a goon community this generous.

I was. For the last two Christmases. I gave away over 1000 plat in slots and potatoes to people last Christmas alone.

I haven't seen anyone in clan even remotely as bad as some in the relay chats and I bet there is even more in region chat if I dared to turn that on. Last time I broke out my excal prime for a single mission I got someone PM'ing me asking for endo and plat, just right out asking without the topic ever coming up while in the mission.

But yeah, if the topic comes up in chat about someone out of slots, or a potato, I'd toss a one their way if I got plat to spare. Outright asking out of the blue without any kind of trade or way to make up for it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, ya know?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
per reddit datamining:

quote:

After Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.3, Fx and BaseSuit was added in preparation for Zephyr Prime.

/Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Tengu/TailWindPrimeAttach
/Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Tengu/TailWindPrimeAttachDummyDeco
/Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Tengu/TailWindPrimeAttachProj
/Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Tengu/TailWindPrimeAttachWTrail
/Lotus/Powersuits/Tengu/TenguBaseSuit

Bird Prime gently caress Yeah

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Bird Prime gently caress Yeah

I require more and shinier birbs.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Night10194 posted:

I require more and shinier birbs.

:getin:

also I've been F5ing /r/Warframe for 15 minutes waiting for the Baro drop

I just realized it's Thursday

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HEY FOLKS
If you are gonna crack open some relics, be sure you know what's in your inventory.

I thought I was on a hot streak by getting almost everything for Paris Prime...
Only to discover that I already have one AND I maxed it out.

Maybe some idiot will buy the parts off me.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Can someone give me some tips on how to sell things for platinum effectively? I have a lot of duplicate prime parts (thanks to farming low level rifts) and warframe market shows most of them for 1 plat, probably for the same reason I have so many. What should I be focusing on selling? I'm super strapped for plat and I need more frame slots!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Levantine posted:

Can someone give me some tips on how to sell things for platinum effectively? I have a lot of duplicate prime parts (thanks to farming low level rifts) and warframe market shows most of them for 1 plat, probably for the same reason I have so many. What should I be focusing on selling? I'm super strapped for plat and I need more frame slots!

You kinda answered your own question.
You're not gonna get a ton of plat for low level stuff, even Prime parts.

I usually check the market, find the first person with a reasonable buy order that is online.
I'll send them a message and see if they want to trade.

I'm not swimming in plat but my head has been above water for a while.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Inzombiac posted:

You kinda answered your own question.
You're not gonna get a ton of plat for low level stuff, even Prime parts.

I usually check the market, find the first person with a reasonable buy order that is online.
I'll send them a message and see if they want to trade.

I'm not swimming in plat but my head has been above water for a while.

Ok, I was hoping there was just something lucrative I was missing. I just need to spend some time doing that and see what I come out with.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Anything that is easy will not get much due to being a big market. Maybe check sculpture prices too for some trickle. Or look at corrupted or drift mods. Or Syndicates parts. But that will bite into your personal grand, obviously. I don't know how fast they move, but I know I just bought a Fluctus piece because there weren't any Suda nerds about. And I was impatient.

Also though. Depending on your money situation, if you are playing the game and enjoying it, try to support DE. But obviously that is very dependant on personal circumstances.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tylana posted:

Anything that is easy will not get much due to being a big market. Maybe check sculpture prices too for some trickle. Or look at corrupted or drift mods. Or Syndicates parts. But that will bite into your personal grand, obviously. I don't know how fast they move, but I know I just bought a Fluctus piece because there weren't any Suda nerds about. And I was impatient.

Also though. Depending on your money situation, if you are playing the game and enjoying it, try to support DE. But obviously that is very dependant on personal circumstances.

I'll buy plat for sure, I am just kind of holding off for a daily discount is all. I've already put more hours into WF than any AAA game in a while so spending money on it isn't an issue.

I think I just need to evaluate what I have access to vs. the market which is just time consuming, but that's fine. There's so much to do in this game!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Levantine posted:

The big sink for prime parts is Baro, a vendor to the space 1% who only takes prime parts as payment. If he has anything good this cycle (check back here tomorrow), people will want primes. Any primes.

If you go that route, keep in mind that prime parts convert into different numbers of Baro Bucks ( http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ducats )

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

HEY FOLKS
I thought I was on a hot streak by getting almost everything for Paris Prime...
Only to discover that I already have one AND I maxed it out.

You're not alone; I have an accidental opticore sitting built in the foundry. I'm hoping to get the last laugh when they release the akopticore in a few months.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Levantine posted:

Ok, I was hoping there was just something lucrative I was missing. I just need to spend some time doing that and see what I come out with.

The super lucrative stuff is rivens or vaulted frames, basically. Both of which require either being around when the things were vaulted, having startup capital, or being lucky.

Her's a few tips and suggestions from an overcaffeinated brain, though:

1. Sets usually sell for more than the price of their parts. It's always better to buy/farm up the last piece of whatever set you have and sell it as a set vs just selling off individual parts. Warframe.market is terrific for pricing things out in general, then you can add another 10-20% or so if you're selling it on Trade.

2. People on trade are incredibly, irredeemably stupid. you can usually get someone to overpay for whatever you have by a rather wide margin if you don't mind waiting. Just copy/paste a "WTS X $price" thing and pop it into trade chat when you come back from a mission. You will eventually get bites, and it requires pretty much zero effort. Now I'm not suggesting that you ask 10x or something ridiculous like that, but you can safely go 10-20% over wfmarket and still make sales.

3. Baro is coming this weekend, so you can offload the 1p stuff rather easily on trade or maybe even to goons if you sell it in bulk. I don't know the current valuation, but it usually works out to 1p a piece anyways. It's usually referred to as "prime junk". Just make sure you know what you're selling so you don't accidentally give up something worth real money.

4. Going back to point #2, if you're willing to put in some effort, mod-flipping is almost guaranteed to make you slot/potato plat easily. What this involves is picking a very useful, not extremely common mod like say, Transient Fortitude, then picking a margin and buying/selling them. So say, Tfort prices out around 30p (again, going off wfmarket sell orders). You can pop into trade chat with a WTB for 15-20, then resell it for 30-40p.

None of these are instant-money prostrats or anything, but all of this can be accomplished by opening up notepad, typing up buy/sell orders to copy, and then just pasting poo poo into trade chat whenever you're not busy blasting fools in the face.

Edit: Needless to say, don't pull any of this poo poo on fellow goons, and don't ask for parts to complete a set to resell. There's no solid rule against it, but it's a dick move and won't earn you any friends.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 22, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gaj70 posted:

You're not alone; I have an accidental opticore sitting built in the foundry. I'm hoping to get the last laugh when they release the akopticore in a few months.

nOOB a real vet would know that it would be called dual opticore...

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

turn off the TV posted:

nOOB a real vet would know that it would be called dual opticore...

Fuckin' nublets can't even spell Opticor right and callin' other people n00bs. :colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The super lucrative stuff is rivens or vaulted frames, basically. Both of which require either being around when the things were vaulted, having startup capital, or being lucky.

Her's a few tips and suggestions from an overcaffeinated brain, though:

1. Sets usually sell for more than the price of their parts. It's always better to buy/farm up the last piece of whatever set you have and sell it as a set vs just selling off individual parts. Warframe.market is terrific for pricing things out in general, then you can add another 10-20% or so if you're selling it on Trade.

2. People on trade are incredibly, irredeemably stupid. you can usually get someone to overpay for whatever you have by a rather wide margin if you don't mind waiting. Just copy/paste a "WTS X $price" thing and pop it into trade chat when you come back from a mission. You will eventually get bites, and it requires pretty much zero effort. Now I'm not suggesting that you ask 10x or something ridiculous like that, but you can safely go 10-20% over wfmarket and still make sales.

3. Baro is coming this weekend, so you can offload the 1p stuff rather easily on trade or maybe even to goons if you sell it in bulk. I don't know the current valuation, but it usually works out to 1p a piece anyways. It's usually referred to as "prime junk". Just make sure you know what you're selling so you don't accidentally give up something worth real money.

4. Going back to point #2, if you're willing to put in some effort, mod-flipping is almost guaranteed to make you slot/potato plat easily. What this involves is picking a very useful, not extremely common mod like say, Transient Fortitude, then picking a margin and buying/selling them. So say, Tfort prices out around 30p (again, going off wfmarket sell orders). You can pop into trade chat with a WTB for 15-20, then resell it for 30-40p.

None of these are instant-money prostrats or anything, but all of this can be accomplished by opening up notepad, typing up buy/sell orders to copy, and then just pasting poo poo into trade chat whenever you're not busy blasting fools in the face.

Edit: Needless to say, don't pull any of this poo poo on fellow goons, and don't ask for parts to complete a set to resell. There's no solid rule against it, but it's a dick move and won't earn you any friends.

Thank you, that's really helpful. It just sounds any other task in the game: if you want to be good at it you have to devote time to it.

As a new player, though, would it be better to sell my prime junk for ducats to Baro? Platinum is good and important for slots, but will I see a bigger boost in power by buying stuff from him?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'd use a Binopticor.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Levantine posted:

Thank you, that's really helpful. It just sounds any other task in the game: if you want to be good at it you have to devote time to it.

As a new player, though, would it be better to sell my prime junk for ducats to Baro? Platinum is good and important for slots, but will I see a bigger boost in power by buying stuff from him?

It really depends on what he brings, and stuff like primed mods take a lot (and I mean a *LOT*) of endo and creds to max, and then eat up a ton of mod capacity as to make them impractical without investing a few forma into the weapon/frame you want to put them on. The Prisma/Wraith guns he sells are IIRC locked to at least MR11. I would say if you're just starting out and at the point where slots/potatoes are few and far between, you're probably better off getting the plat and building your stable of normally-acquired murdertoys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I downloaded the game last night and registered this morning and didn't receive a confirmation email. I tried a few different email accounts, checked all my folders and nothing. I can't use their technical support because my account isn't activated yet. Help me goons!