Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Every class has a wanna go fast ability and everyone in the higher tiers uses them. Get fast broski!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also it’s in between seasons and honestly there isn’t anything in Diablo 3 that stressful.

Like I’m puggin rifts, ok this group sucks, drop group instantly get different group.

Honestly Diablo 3 is like the chillest game ever, now, which is why Hardcore can get so electric.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
That's an interesting point, D3 probably is the most chill, least toxic game I've played in a long time. Aside from people occasionally ranting about bots or idiots making fun of eachother in general chat, it's super tame.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Hard to find multiplayer games that aren't toxic anymore. Rarely though do I even communicate with pubbies except to say "GG" after a bounty run.

Goons I'll even drop spare items for, because you guys are special.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Can I complete Chapters 2,3,4 of the Season Journey on softcore but then claim the gifts on Hardcore?

My friends are probably gonna play SC and completing the journey is a lot faster in a group.

EDIT: I'm on console which works completely differently so chances are I'll have to find out the hard way

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 20, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Think I'm going to go HC this season, and do Inarius lazystorm. Not played a HC char since, well I can't really even remember.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I haven't logged on to D3 in a month, how long do I have to claim my seasonal junk?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
30 days after the end of the season

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
30 days from your first log-in after the end of the season.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Couple more days. Hoping to be able to put together a rathma set quickly and start blasting 95-100s and hit 800 paragon day 1.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I wanted to come back next season to play Barb.

I haven't played D3 in... years, and I'm way out of date. I've found guides re: the general stuff that's been added but I'm having a hard time finding anything Barb specific

Specifically, does anyone have any resources about how to build for the free set they give you, so I can get started on Fri? (I'm playing HC but I doubt that matters)

(Any and all other new player resources are welcome, trying to catch up as quick as I can)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

thechalkoutline posted:

I wanted to come back next season to play Barb.

I haven't played D3 in... years, and I'm way out of date. I've found guides re: the general stuff that's been added but I'm having a hard time finding anything Barb specific

Specifically, does anyone have any resources about how to build for the free set they give you, so I can get started on Fri? (I'm playing HC but I doubt that matters)

(Any and all other new player resources are welcome, trying to catch up as quick as I can)

This guide has three relevant sections for you

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/barbarian-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-1-season-12

1. A build for taking your Barb from 1-70
2. A build for your Barb when you've got the 6 pieces of the free set
3. A build for when you've got the 6 pieces + a handful of supporting legendary armor/weapon/jewelry bits that will take you to the "End game"

Note that it hasn't been updated for Season 13 so the "Haedrig's Gift" section should now be about Might of the Earth, not Immortal King.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This guide has three relevant sections for you

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/barbarian-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-1-season-12

1. A build for taking your Barb from 1-70
2. A build for your Barb when you've got the 6 pieces of the free set
3. A build for when you've got the 6 pieces + a handful of supporting legendary armor/weapon/jewelry bits that will take you to the "End game"

Note that it hasn't been updated for Season 13 so the "Haedrig's Gift" section should now be about Might of the Earth, not Immortal King.

Cool, thanks, I didn't realize the free sets changed each season.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

thechalkoutline posted:

Cool, thanks, I didn't realize the free sets changed each season.

Gotta keep the season fresh....

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

Gotta keep the season fresh....

Despite nothing changing I'm still a dummy and keep coming back. And actually am excited to play again.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Despite nothing changing I'm still a dummy and keep coming back. And actually am excited to play again.

Same. The first night and weekend is always very fun for me, finding upgrades around every corner. Shortly after the journey is done, when it's down to gem/paragon/ladder grinding, it's less fun to me, but I still mess around until it's time to stop and wait for the next season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

Same. The first night and weekend is always very fun for me, finding upgrades around every corner. Shortly after the journey is done, when it's down to gem/paragon/ladder grinding, it's less fun to me, but I still mess around until it's time to stop and wait for the next season.

:same: Love that first weekend.

Larrymer#1390 if anybody wants to group up and/or discord for the season start. I'm gonna monk it up, if that matters to you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always get a double rush because the last 4-5 seasons I always go HAM for the first 3 days and then get bored and then about 3 days before the season ends I realize I don’t have my stash tab yet and RIP all my HC dudes so it’s like a mad dash to finish on softcore with no welfare loot

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I'll add you, I'm home sick so Ima play a ton of the season start.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gonna play wizard and try not to flip out about how fragile they are

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Just hop into the LLJK Community, there will be plenty of people grouping up about 5-15 minutes before, and after, the season kicks off.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mewse posted:

Firebird with double cheat death, booyyyyy

(I lost a Primal weapon on my HC Wizard with double cheat death l o l)

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Firebird with double cheat death, booyyyyy

(I lost a Primal weapon on my HC Wizard with double cheat death l o l)

Yeah I'm gonna try the firebird channeling build, going to avoid archon at all costs

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

mewse posted:

Dude, Wizards are tanky as gently caress. :psyduck:

The only problem is a lot of that tankiness comes from deflection shields, which don't have any on-screen display whatsoever besides the tooltip on the health orb. And when pushing high GRs, if something does chew through your shields, it's generally going to chew through your health even faster. So by the time you see your health move, it's probably too late.

e: Also, you're not tanky when you forget to reapply Magic Weapon and Energy Shield when entering a Greater Rift. RIP Janet, little babby GR90.

Jan fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 21, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Diablo 3 is the game where crusaders are glass cannons and Wizards can tank face

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Magic is more powerful that a fuckken sword or flail lmao, checks out tbqh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I made a discord channel because I didn't see one yet. LLJK ingame works great, but after the first few weeks literally no one is around anymore, so maybe discord will fill in the gap.

https://discord.gg/naWQ5VZ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cool with that we are now at 69 discords/slacks :stoked:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

There is one already, however dead it may usually be.

https://discord.gg/xgpAWp

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Looking forward to rolling a dagger lady once more, Shadow is just so good. Darkness awaits you!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I kind of want to try crusaders again but that free thorns set seems like crap. :(

Does anything else play similiarly to demon hunters, preferably with no weird rotation/cooldown/herding based gimmicks?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The monk set just blows things up all over the screen iirc.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

The monk set just blows things up all over the screen iirc.

Will chu Monk wif me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htvKlu5mzZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mIDNKrOXvg

This is my plan for Hardcore this season

mewse
May 2, 2006

Larrymer posted:

There is one already, however dead it may usually be.

https://discord.gg/xgpAWp

I made a b.net group too:

https://blizzard.com/invite/AldjdsoDy

WarriorPriest
Sep 2, 2004

been gone so long I wonder if I still remember how to play. Hope to see you guys at some point in new season for a little while at least.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Avalerion posted:

I kind of want to try crusaders again but that free thorns set seems like crap. :(

Does anything else play similiarly to demon hunters, preferably with no weird rotation/cooldown/herding based gimmicks?

Yeah I was planning on crusader too but I just tried one out and it turns out they're extremely boring and lame and have bad personalities.

Monks are insane. The set lets you throw explosive gongs and or karate kicks with the only requirement of activating a single buff before you go hog wild.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's been a minute since I've played monk and that set is dope. I'm sold

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You guys suppose a good 3man farm/push group would be 2 dps and a monk? Or maybe support barb?

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Dameius posted:

You guys suppose a good 3man farm/push group would be 2 dps and a monk? Or maybe support barb?

There's 3 main group types for pushing 3 man. You can use other classes at lower level grifts as well the below is like 115-130ish 3 mans.

Zmonk + rift guardian killer (necro preferably or sader) + rift clearer (star pact wiz preferably or firebats dh).

Zmonk + zbarb + star pact wizard

Zbarb + 2 rat necros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dameius posted:

3 necros