Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Yup I would have no issue storing all my scary black pew pew paper shooters at the range though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/966697762078253056

Love that free publicity.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Anything other than gonk droid or R2D2 screams is a crime.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
oh good, incentives
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/966724852576145408

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol they're so scared of ~universities~ as if the DSA was just lovely college kids

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

prefect posted:

Chris Rock had a bit about that. There were what, three Columbine shooters? They weren't loners -- they each had two friends!

uh what? who’s the third

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

she's not wrong but twice as many armed white people than black people were killed by police last year so dont clown yourself using this line of argument irl

you just owned yourself

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i hate the stupid way it wobbles

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

They'll just go to Best Buy or whatever kids go to instead of Malls instead

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
jfc 150 security guards at a school?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

there is no gently caress you big or loud enough

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/966724437780418561

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

juche avocado posted:

what is this thing's security purpose and how does it achieve it

all i can come up with is limp, obvious surveillance and security theater

:psylon:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Marx Headroom posted:

she's not wrong but twice as many armed white people than black people were killed by police last year so dont clown yourself using this line of argument irl

Ah thanks for the tip

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the president is a loving dangerous imbecile

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

zegermans posted:

literally the only stat where the right doesn't immediately scream BUT PER CAPITA

That and "how many whites are killed by blacks?? See blacks are the real racists!!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

very good brain

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

meghan mccain is a horrible piece of poo poo and certain people only give her a pass because of her gender and looks. if she was mark mccain she would have gotten 1/20th the coverage and attention she did over the past decade

about the only redeemable thing she has going for her is she's part of a younger generation of republican that knows how to shut the gently caress up sometimes and read the room, but apparently not every time

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"Protected like banks", as in those places which bailed on having security guards because it was cheaper to let the bank robbers get away with a few grand occasionally than pay for security staff?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
it is literally our duty as humans to destroy those machines on sight

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

how is the school gun free if it’s simultaneously full of loving guns you dotard?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait, the view now has megan mccain and flatlander woman on it!?!?!??!?!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does he know about collective bargaining agreements

probably not

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
More Trump
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/966725785993334784

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

America is a poo poo country

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Can't wait for teachers to bring their guns to union negotiations

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Twitter is just full to the brim with gun spergs and bots waiting to pounce on anybody describing the AR-15 as an assault rifle or automatic weapon with pages and pages of exhaustive mechanical and manufacturing information, for the purpose of derailing discussion. I think I'm going to acquire an extremely uncomfortable amount of knowledge about human embryonic development to troll pro-lifers to death.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
im the guy who is not qualified to be a cop but want to carry a gun on the job so i'm now very interested in this 'teaching' thing :geno:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

jfc 150 security guards at a school?

Realistically you'd need at least five for most decent sized schools. Even then, it's still going to be a response force, not a prevention force. Most shooters like this have no qualms about being captured or killed.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

jesus christ to those of you who are parents holy gently caress this is the state of the country lmao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

"if kelly were my daddy id want him to spank me"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

uh what? who’s the third

Nah it was just the two, although there was confusion early on over the number of shooters, because one of them ditched his trenchcoat partway through the shooting and the other turned his cap around, so suddenly the media and police were operating with 4 different descriptions.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Solarin posted:

jesus christ to those of you who are parents holy gently caress this is the state of the country lmao

Yeah it's pretty horrible and awful and making us alternately terrified and depressed!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
*Ron Howard voice* "The NRA won't back it"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
TRUMP!

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/966726039807385600

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

how is the school gun free if it’s simultaneously full of loving guns you dotard?

while i credit you for not getting his meaning through his smoothbrained sentence construction, that isn't what he said

yes what he said was dumb but he was saying ":byodood: 'gun free zone'??? that's exactly what gunhaving shooters want to hear."

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Twitter is just full to the brim with gun spergs and bots waiting to pounce on anybody describing the AR-15 as an assault rifle or automatic weapon with pages and pages of exhaustive mechanical and manufacturing information, for the purpose of derailing discussion. I think I'm going to acquire an extremely uncomfortable amount of knowledge about human embryonic development to troll pro-lifers to death.

that'll show em

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

i have a strong daddy and his name is john

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

silvergoose posted:

Yeah it's pretty horrible and awful and making us alternately terrified and depressed!

have you considered giving guns to your children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

president retarded

• Locked thread