Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

look at the magazine

Yeah that was the only thing I noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Supporting the NRA because they support the Second Amendment is akin to supporting the KKK because they're big fans of the First Amendment.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

Supporting the NRA because they support the Second Amendment is akin to supporting the KKK because they're big fans of the First Amendment.

pretty big overlap between those support groups

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/966322146153762817

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Jesus loving christ. Of course survivors of the massacre are now getting death threats.

What the gently caress is wrong with people

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

It's clearly just liberals false-flagging the death threats as NRA posers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

dont give them ideas

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So Two Scoops is still Twitter-making GBS threads about this. He doubled down on arming teachers as the solution, then later on made another one clarifying he wasn't suggesting we give guns to teachers, just that he thinks we should give guns to about 20% of teachers as the solution.

That's totally different....somehow.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's an impressive amount of airbrushing...

This. Eye is edited to gently caress and back. Skin is too smooth. Red as a background or primary color typically insinuates violence. Not to mention it’s a horrible pose and the photographer should feel loving ashamed for picking and then editing that monstrosity.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

So Two Scoops is still Twitter-making GBS threads about this. He doubled down on arming teachers as the solution, then later on made another one clarifying he wasn't suggesting we give guns to teachers, just that he thinks we should give guns to about 20% of teachers as the solution.

That's totally different....somehow.

Cause now it’s random chance if your teacher has a gun.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Can't wait till some teacher pop some students after a false alarm or car backfiring

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Can't wait till some teacher pop some students after a false alarm or car backfiring

It will be fine, they're not professionals so it would be unamerican to hold them to the standards we hold police too.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
NRA retire bitch

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/966697762078253056

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Soulex posted:

Not to mention it’s a horrible pose and the photographer should feel loving ashamed for picking and then editing that monstrosity.

Quite possibly deliberate. I'd be tempted to do some subtle mockery if I was the photographer or the guy doing post.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Soulex posted:

This. Eye is edited to gently caress and back. Skin is too smooth. Red as a background or primary color typically insinuates violence. Not to mention it’s a horrible pose and the photographer should feel loving ashamed for picking and then editing that monstrosity.

She looks like a RealDoll.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone find a realdoll that looks like her and post it to her twitter.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

It will be fine, they're not professionals so it would be unamerican to hold them to the standards we hold police too.

Pretty good thread here on the legal side of arming teachers

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/966679673890582528

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

As a teacher who might get a gun out of this, I hope I can get a sweet state funded Benelli and count days at a clay course as paid training days...otherwise: hard pass. poo poo is gross.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/966702289489661952

Interesting that Pence is the one guy in your shop who is excited about the Steel Beach Picnic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Teaching is going to be an MOS and the only way you can be a teacher is to join the military so that you get training.

Teacher still wouldn’t get any of the $700 billion defense budget though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Make armed teachers go to the state's police academy because thats basically what they'll be once armed.

They'll also have a better paying career option!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Just have state troopers be teachers, teaching can't be that hard of a job if liberals can do it right?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

boop the snoot posted:

Teaching is going to be an MOS and the only way you can be a teacher is to join the military so that you get training.

Teacher still wouldn’t get any of the $700 billion defense budget though.

"OK, CLASS I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT ME TO TEACH YOU ABOUT THE PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM, SO I GUESS IT'S TIME WE JUST START LEARNING ABOUT THE 2+1 DRILL AGAIN UNTIL YOU ALL QUIET DOWN!"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Gym classes will be replacing archery with reflexive fire drills in full kit, but only on 90 degree, 95% humidity days. No deblousing your boots after you're done, either.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

But there’s precedent for this, though. Did we ever see anyone prosecuted for the horrifying mugging and mutilation by an Obama supporter of this young woman shortly before the 2008 election?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Gym classes will be replacing archery with reflexive fire drills in full kit, but only on 90 degree, 95% humidity days. No deblousing your boots after you're done, either.

Probably still better than band camp...

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Lol at this antiquated dude whose gym class did anything more than aimless pick up basketball, throwing a football around, or walking/running on the track

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

psydude posted:

Every citizen shall be issued with wide, bowl shields that they must carry on their person at all times, in the event of a mass shooting event, it is the duty of each citizen to form into a perfect phalanx with no fewer than 8 members per row. You see this is a natural and good thing because, heavy infantry is the hallmark of a robust and virile democracy

(paraphrased from: https://www.amazon.com/Why-West-Victor-Davis-Hanson/dp/0571216404 this is written by the maniac who made his grad students recreate the charge at Marathon.)

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Immanentized posted:

(paraphrased from: https://www.amazon.com/Why-West-Victor-Davis-Hanson/dp/0571216404 this is written by the maniac who made his grad students recreate the charge at Marathon.)

I once had dinner with this guy. Really interesting and smart in person, when he isn't trying to make insufferable teleological arguments about history. An expert in election maps and gerrymandering, of all things.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Now hiring: armed guards to close the barn door after the horses have bolted

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I once had dinner with this guy. Really interesting and smart in person, when he isn't trying to make insufferable teleological arguments about history. An expert in election maps and gerrymandering, of all things.

That's awesome, I've been at a couple of conferences where he presented, but never had the chance to 1:1, he has a really solid core, but like most historians the competition for the "good" jobs and exposure has kinda cornered him both intellectually and in terms of his output. I recall a few of his blog posts on gerrymandering I'd love to hear what he has to say about the Pennsylvania redistricting.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

hobbesmaster posted:

Make armed teachers go to the state's police academy because thats basically what they'll be once armed.

They'll also have a better paying career option!

That's almost Oklahoma's answer: The teacher has to have a reserve law enforcement certification ([url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_shooting_of_Eric_Harris]like this guy]) or an armed security guard license. (And permission from the school board)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I kind of feel like the NRA is well on their way to seriously bungling this one. So far their play book isn't working and regular people seem pretty angry.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Maybe normal people are finally seeing through the defense, liberty and racism bullshit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
there's a GBS thread about a land war in the united states and it is LOL as gently caress.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

BUG JUG posted:

As a teacher who might get a gun out of this, I hope I can get a sweet state funded Benelli and count days at a clay course as paid training days...otherwise: hard pass. poo poo is gross.

Just LOL if you think they are gonna buy you a gun and then even try to make you take mandated classes for it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

I kind of feel like the NRA is well on their way to seriously bungling this one. So far their play book isn't working and regular people seem pretty angry.

Once they seriously talk about arming teachers as a solution, it runs up against everyone's lived life experience. We've all had teachers we barely trusted with markers. Not sure it matters though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The obvious solution to end public schooling because private pri.... schools are safer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Casimir Radon posted:

I kind of feel like the NRA is well on their way to seriously bungling this one.

Disagree.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/966742099436752896

The NRA is just now starting to throw up their smoke, Trump is ranting about video games and giving armed teachers bonuses, and Congress is out of session. Give it another few weeks when the government needs to be funded, DACA comes up, and the TV networks have other stuff to cover.

The NRA has enough time to whisper in Congress's ear to make them do nothing, the NRA doesn't give a poo poo about their public image until their congressmen start losing, and Trump will block everything until 2020.

The NRA is loving up the short game, but they know the only thing that counts is the long game.

And everyone else by then will forget about that school shooting in where-was-it-Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Southern states are totally going to jump on board and its a matter of time before some gun owning lunatic teacher shoots a kid for not standing for the anthem

• Locked thread