Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wow, this got a bit silly while I was on my way home, eh?

The shift to having high up sidepod inlets predates last season's Ferrari, they innovated by detaching the side crash structure from the sidepod inlet, which gave them freedom to move it about without falling foul of the 2017 regs. Williams, Red Bull and Sauber have adopted this concept in their own ways.

Mercedes and Renault have kept the same configuration they had last year (at least for launch) which is a high opening with an undercut, but the front of the sidepod is much further forward and still contains the side impact structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

You sound like some sort of conservative politician.

It's very much the opposite.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Take a chill pill guys.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Y'all need :420: in your life ffs

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RIP Yasuke :(

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Thread convinced me that Ferrari is awesome and the way to go.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

That halo is begging for a pair of Kimoa™ sunglasses

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ferrari is good.

Thank you for reading.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Norns posted:

Y'all need :420: in your life ffs

Seconded.

Also, pretty sure http://scarbsf1.com exists

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happy birthday Niki Lauda,

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's a really bad livery, random black bits on the front wing, a horrible looking grey stripe and a tiny amount of white on the sharkfin with no white anywhere else. When the best part of the livery is the painting on the halo making it look slimmer you've got a right stinker.

The Merc is just another drab silver car.

I'm looking forward to McLaren managing to balls up an orange car again and whatever Force India [sponsor name] have in store.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Happy birthday Niki Lauda,

Are Niki :swoon:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Niki Lauda is cool and good and doesn't fit into the whole Mercedes fraud operation.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

Niki Lauda is cool and good and doesn't fit into the whole Mercedes fraud operation.

He's playing the long con. He'll destroy them from the inside eventually.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

#LosGehtsLauda

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

It's a really bad livery, random black bits on the front wing, a horrible looking grey stripe and a tiny amount of white on the sharkfin with no white anywhere else. When the best part of the livery is the painting on the halo making it look slimmer you've got a right stinker.

I'm looking forward to McLaren managing to balls up an orange car again and whatever Force India [sponsor name] have in store.

Fanta orange with graphite accents phwoar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I kinda like the Ferrari livery. Never cared for the white accents they had in recent years. Not really bothered by the grey, it probably won't be noticeable on track anyway.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

Thank you for reminding me, I wanted to complain some more about this before I got distracted by the rampant melting down. So, Ferrari's classic "red with some stickers", which could not possibly be more bland, boring, or :effort: has been improved by someone who could clearly see the vision of one Ron Dennis, through the addition of a nondescript, non-uniform grey swath. Just LOL.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferraris are red idk who expects too much design flair from them. The fanciest they ever get is putting some italian flag stripes on the car.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

Fanta orange with graphite accents phwoar

Yes PLEASE!

edit:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ferraris are red idk who expects too much design flair from them. The fanciest they ever get is putting some italian flag stripes on the car.

Ironically I was going to point out how tacky these things always look, but I decided to leave it alone because I felt like I was picking on the kid who rides the short bus already.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Unnecessarily adding "flair" to what should be a simple design is how you get poo poo like the MCL32.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I do approve of them making the fin a different color than the rest of the engine cover. They did that last season and it really helped with the flow of the car's lines (see also: Haas).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
80s Renault were good at doing a factory livery with design flair imo. The '83 Renault was a great looking livery in addition to being one of the first great post-ground effect cars.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wicka is Scott Speed.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't like the mini shark fin, all the cars would look better without it. Sure it's better than a full-sized shark fin, but that's not saying much.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

80s Renault were good at doing a factory livery with design flair imo. The '83 Renault was a great looking livery in addition to being one of the first great post-ground effect cars.

I have the biggest hard on for 80s Renault

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm a big fan of the teams agreeing to put decent sized driver number on the sharkfin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje posted:

I'm a big fan of the teams agreeing to put decent sized driver number on the sharkfin

I love Ferrari's old school numberplate and idk why everyone hated it when they did it last year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Wicka is Scott Speed.

shut up

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tuo posted:

Thread convinced me that Ferrari is awesome and the way to go.

what the gently caress broke you in this thread?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The black bits on the Ferrari are loving great, red and black and grey is a fantastic color scheme, if you don't agree then git tae fook.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's also a nice touch how they painted the top half of the halo red and the bottom half black, makes it look thinner.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's SF71H because it's their 71st chassis, right?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He keeps showing up at tracks and they keep letting him have a go in the car and he’s hosed if he knows why.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

It's SF71H because it's their 71st chassis, right?

It's the 71st anniversary of Scuderia Ferrari. Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari's insane naming conventions ftw

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

shut up

Are you scrawny with thick glasses or fat with bad acne?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you scrawny with thick glasses or fat with bad acne?

turn on your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

turn on your monitor

Please, no. Not this. This thread can't absorb another DoctorGonzo.

• Locked thread