Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nessin posted:

It does, but I had selected the second line that had 0 ships associated with it because I wanted to remove that line from the list. I didn't think it was going to disband every single ship, including those I hadn't selected in the list.

The fleet manager does have some rough edges, I'll admit. We're going to look into polishing it more for post-release support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So I have 2 ship designs, corvettes. One with lasers+kinetic, one with lasers+missile. Initial tech. I have a fleet template with 4+1 of the above designs, and the fleet is full. Why does the upgrade button want to upgrade the laser+kinetic to the missile design?

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 22, 2018

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Game feels really good now. Very early in my game, but the early game seems far more involving now. Nice work dudes.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Started my first game as extremely adaptive barbaric despoilers who start on a tomb world and hunger for alien flesh. I figured if im gonna blow up planets and really get to know the new war system, id might as well go ham. Looks like ive got a pretty lonely start, although ive got the enigmatic fortess nearby so go me.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

canepazzo posted:

So I have 2 ship designs, corvettes. One with lasers+kinetic, one with lasers+missile. Initial tech. I have a fleet template with 4+1 of the above designs, and the fleet is full. Why does the upgrade button want to upgrade the laser+kinetic to the missile design?

Have you configured the template to use both designs?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Aethernet posted:

Stellaris 2.0: The Assassination Of Warp Drive By The Coward Martin Anward

Aethernet you thief :argh:

Ms Adequate posted:

The Assassination Of Wormhole Transit By The Coward Martin Anward

(It's a good joke I'm glad I'm not the only one who came up with it :3:)

e; oh yeah the game. I'm loading it RIGHT NOW!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Wiz posted:

Have you configured the template to use both designs?

Hmmm, could have sworn I did, but hadn't. My bad.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The cost for mining and research station varies wildly, from 450 minerals per station to 90 minerals per station, and I have no idea why :(

Edit: I figured it out. It lists the price as if you gave the order for all these stations to be built. So if you have three +mineral planets in the system, it will display as costing (90+90+90=)270 minerals, but it will only substract 90 even if you only order one station built. The problem is that it won't let you give the order to build even one station if you only have 90 minerals. That's a bug!

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 22, 2018

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

A function for gender-specific surnames was added in, and yet feminine nomen forms weren't added to the Roman namelist. I'm going to pre-emptively cancel all my Paradox preorders from here on out. :colbert:

Brilliant, time to update my namelists from the horrible mess where characters have 3 names as their first name and no surname.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

The cost for mining and research station varies wildly, from 450 minerals per station to 90 minerals per station, and I have no idea why :(

You sure that isn't the "build everything in system" cost?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Torrannor posted:

450/90? Sounds like you are building 5 stations rather than one because the resources have different sources.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Aethernet posted:

Stellaris 2.0: The Assassination Of Warp Drive By The Coward Martin Anward

Ms Adequate posted:

Haha this joke rules as does your Culture name.

Bloody Pom posted:

It's up! :holy:

Release trailer seems to follow up from the announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssQqRk3qQM

gently caress yeah, I am hard

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Edit: I figured it out. It lists the price as if you gave the order for all these stations to be built. So if you have three +mineral planets in the system, it will display as costing (90+90+90=)270 minerals, but it will only substract 90 even if you only order one station built. The problem is that it won't let you give the order to build even one station if you only have 90 minerals. That's a bug!

Right click on the specific planet you want to build a station on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wiz posted:

Those are Marauder/Pirate ships.

Eagerly awaiting the mod that lets me choose that style for my own guys.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

Aethernet you thief :argh:

e; oh yeah the game. I'm loading it RIGHT NOW!

Crap, I swear I didn't see yours. Jokecrime is a capital offence in my view.

Still at work, but will put up new thread before loading up the game. I promise.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
It would be nice to see how much minerals it would cost to reinforce all, instead of reinforce just showing one ship in the fleet manager

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How fast/slow are you guys building outposts? I don't feel in a rush to colonize yet but feel like expanding controlled systems is vital asap?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
wow weird i suddenly got very sick at work and had to come home to play stellaris... only cure possible

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
If you turn the Abandoned Gateways slider all the way to zero in the galaxy generation settings, can you still unlock the Gateway Construction technology to build them later in the game? Or do you have to scan one of the abandoned ones for that tech to pop up?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oof that expansion is a little pricier than I expected, though I suppose I can't complain if it pays for the free stuff too. I admit I probably wouldn't bother with it if I was getting the game new now though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Aethernet posted:

Crap, I swear I didn't see yours. Jokecrime is a capital offence in my view.

Still at work, but will put up new thread before loading up the game. I promise.

Oh I believe you, do not worry! I was only pretending to be mad. It was a very busy time of thread when I posted it so it's hardly surprising people overlooked it.

I'm so sorry you're still at work :glomp:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Chalks posted:

Was just watching someone stream the new expansion. He declared war against someone and slaughtered their ships. The enemy reached 100% war exhaustion and tried to surrender (I think) but the guy streaming didn't notice the notification. He stayed at war until his own was exhaustion reached 100% and got an automatic status quo peace.

It was really unclear what had happened since he was winning - I feel like if the enemy reaches 100% before you and you don't notice, the surrender should be forced rather than the status quo being forced once both sides are at 100%.

This is really dumb and entirely preventable by paying attention to the game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do borders still naturally grow? or do I need to outpost systems individually? feel a bit stupid like I'm missing something!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat, abandoned wormhole right near my starting planet, going to toss an outpost there to claim it since the system is packed with resources too. game owns.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Flipswitch posted:

Do borders still naturally grow? or do I need to outpost systems individually? feel a bit stupid like I'm missing something!

Borders are now solely determined by outposts!

On which note I just met my first neighbor and as we're both out at the sparse galactic rim, I immediately had to reprioritize my expansion plans so that they won't be able to push their borders down too close to my core worlds. I can already see the course of future tensions and wars as a result. Game good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

the latter, borders don't grow passively in any way now

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

VirtualStranger posted:

If you turn the Abandoned Gateways slider all the way to zero in the galaxy generation settings, can you still unlock the Gateway Construction technology to build them later in the game? Or do you have to scan one of the abandoned ones for that tech to pop up?

Never mind. I looked through the game files.

"Gateway Construction" requires you to have researched "Gateway Activation" as a prerequisite. And "Gateway Activation" is weighted to never appear as a research option until you've scanned at least one abandoned gateway. So turning the Abandoned Gateway slider to zero will also prevent anyone from building their own.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Every single system needs to be claimed by outpost. Even colonies need to be in an outpost claimed system.

Is this new? Democratic mandates grant unity rather than influence, on completion.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

canepazzo posted:

Every single system needs to be claimed by outpost. Even colonies need to be in an outpost claimed system.

Is this new? Democratic mandates grant unity rather than influence, on completion.

Yup, that's new.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What resource is tied to outposts now, it isn't still unity?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 22, 2018

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

For the love of god, someone update that 1080p mod. I'm dying here with this UI.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What resource is tied to outposts now, it isn't still unity?

Influence and minerals to build, energy to maintain. I don't think they've ever required unity?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Early game feels really good, I'm almost 50 years in and enjoying it.

Good to hear the fleet manager is getting some QOL love. It is still nice to have.

Also loving the starbase system, specializing starbases is great fun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ms Adequate posted:

Influence and minerals to build, energy to maintain. I don't think they've ever required unity?

You're correct I mixed up influence and unity.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

Lowest level Outpost cost nothing to maintain.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

canepazzo posted:

Lowest level Outpost cost nothing to maintain.

Each new outpost does increase your tradition/tech costs, though, right?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

:orks: :orks101:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How are you supposed to deal with marauders? I got contacted by some screechers from across the galaxy, and three months later a 10k fleet pops up in the middle of my empire and starts tearing up my poo poo. How did they get there and how do I make them stop? I just hit 50 naval capacity and there is no way I'll muster the guns to make them stop. :(

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How are you supposed to deal with marauders? I got contacted by some screechers from across the galaxy, and three months later a 10k fleet pops up in the middle of my empire and starts tearing up my poo poo. How did they get there and how do I make them stop? I just hit 50 naval capacity and there is no way I'll muster the guns to make them stop. :(

I imagine the answer is "Pay tribute."

Millions for defense, not one cent in tribute doesn't really work that well when you can't spend millions on defense to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the new early game is very good - more tense, much less luck

a few of the timed special projects maybe need their timer lengthened though - getting a construction ship to the ones that need construction ships is nearly impossible if it's more than 5 jumps away

• Locked thread