Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dude imagine how owned the cons will be when they see Disney's record setting profits this year lmfao. OWNED cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solarin posted:

ice.gov/predator

:eyepop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

That would be an absolutely terrible precedent. It would make car manufacturers liable for collisions, knifemakers liable for stabbings, etc

car manufacturers are susceptible to product liability . gunmakers were immunized by congress

knifes idk for some reason they aren't a big deal?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

This kinda poo poo is why anything short of a ban is dumb

I am 100% on board with a full ban on all semiautos

Keep bolt-actions and pump-actions and whatever for farmers and hunters I honestly think that's fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORVfnFtcH0

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
even if we armed every teacher we'd still need to have active shooter drills, donnie. kids need to know what to do when their teacher pulls out their gun and locks them in the room to go save the day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Dude imagine how owned the cons will be when they see Disney's record setting profits this year lmfao. OWNED cons

what if i steal it, can i still own the cons

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

he has no idea what hes talking about, op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

That would be an absolutely terrible precedent. It would make car manufacturers liable for collisions, knifemakers liable for stabbings, etc

carmakers are liable for collisions when they caused those collisions lmao

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

what if i steal it, can i still own the cons

Im not entirely sure but. . . at least there is consumption happening

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol there are wikichuds fighting to scrape all the evil off of dana loesch's page

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol he's halfway there

he's correctly recognizing that this entire culture is loving traumatic for children, just not quiiiite to the point where he realizes the correct solution for it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
doesn't the NRA has a spokesperson who could easily clear up whether they support raising the purchasing age for long guns to 21? wasn't she on TV last night and this morning? should be easy to get in touch with and figure out their position.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

juche avocado posted:

this is gross and misogynistic please don't do this and I hate that my left is doing this

if a man did this it would not be characterized as begging it would be characterized as his carpe-ing that diem

if it was a dude he was still begging

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

TraderStav posted:

Home schooling isn't what it used to be. There's off-the-shelf curriculum and groups that you can socialize with and do cool activities and such. It's like a choose-your-own school adventure for parents who have the willingness and patience to spend all that time with their kids.

I have a friend who had his kids home schooled and they're extremely well adjusted, creative, intelligent kids.

Then I know another family who's 12 year old still eats paste, so there's that.

I'm sure some home school parents do a grade job.
Anecdotally I know a grade school counselor and they call home schooling "no schooling" because of how deficient most kids are that come into the school system from being home schooled.

UFOTacoMan has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Feb 22, 2018

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
that line where after i got ethered by teens last night?

maybe if i try it verbatim a 2nd time :raise:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

:psyduck:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

they aren't liable for collisions where the driver deliberately drove into someone/something though

are they?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Trump!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TraderStav posted:

Home schooling isn't what it used to be. There's off-the-shelf curriculum and groups that you can socialize with and do cool activities and such. It's like a choose-your-own school adventure for parents who have the willingness and patience to spend all that time with their kids.

I have a friend who had his kids home schooled and they're extremely well adjusted, creative, intelligent kids.

Then I know another family who's 12 year old still eats paste, so there's that.

I don't know them very well by my cousin homeschooled her two daughters and from what I've heard from my mother they are both extremely well adjusted, creative and intelligent young adults.

Their mother was always kind of a hippie but also a very smart and educated woman. From what I heard when they were young the girls were invovled in things like 4H and other clubs to learn social skills and make friends, but the mother taught all the reading/math/history type stuff.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

tenderjerk posted:

that line where after i got ethered by teens last night?

maybe if i try it verbatim a 2nd time :raise:

marco rubio repeating a rehearsed talking point after getting owned while using it? :raise:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joementum posted:

doesn't the NRA has a spokesperson who could easily clear up whether they support raising the purchasing age for long guns to 21? wasn't she on TV last night and this morning? should be easy to get in touch with and figure out their position.

I'll get the white-hot ball of rage on the line for you, please hold

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does he think there will be no drills if teachers are armed ??

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Raise minimum age to buy guns to 65 and also mandatory suicide at 65

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol he's halfway there

he's correctly recognizing that this entire culture is loving traumatic for children, just not quiiiite to the point where he realizes the correct solution for it

the correct solution is getting rid of all school safety measures + banning all discussion of school shootings on all media so that fear ceases to exist

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Republicans: [Thing] was tragic (thotts and pears), but all the more reason we need guns in every OR/Delivery room to hand out to newborn infants to protect themselves from abortionists.

Democrats: Well maybe we should create a committee to consider some slight limitations to a few or maybe just one model of gun or accessory?

These are the only two voices given any consideration in regards to anything gun related. Anyone else is systematically ignored. Been this way my whole life; no one actually given a voice understands simultaneously the subject matter, the cultural aspect, and the necessary responsibility. Any actual solution ain't going to come from an R or a D.

Reverend Dr has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Feb 22, 2018

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

does he think there will be no drills if teachers are armed ??

why would there need to be? just give them the guns. problem solved.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

marco rubio repeating a rehearsed talking point after getting owned while using it? :raise:

Lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Active shooter drills are bad and stressful

Turn schools into heavily armed compounds instead!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ah yes the classics
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/966733894753144833

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

they aren't liable for collisions where the driver deliberately drove into someone/something though

are they?

let me put it this way, if most car advertising and promoting was centered around using your car to run people down and crash into people they would

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bans will be revoked by he Supreme court anyway

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
his treasury secretary was the executive producer of Suicide Squad

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/966733894753144833

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

even if we armed every teacher we'd still need to have active shooter drills, donnie. kids need to know what to do when their teacher pulls out their gun and locks them in the room to go save the day

Force on force drills but for school teachers and custodians lmao

The conservative vision is literally hell on Earth

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

If you want your kids to be safe in school, send them to school in a different country, imo.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It looks to me like the law itself is the bullshit semantic game

It is, just a different one. Rubio seems to think that if enough people hear his points about what "assault rifles" REALLY are they'll have to concede that they can't all be banned.

It's just bullshit semantics because people know exactly the kind of guns they want banned, but sometimes they aren't so immersed in NRA worship that they use the wrong terminology to express it. People are telling Rubio that they want to ban guns that can put out a certain amount of firepower in a short amount of time and he's pointing over here saying "look at how dumb this one law is" as an incredibly weak attempt at distraction.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell yeah, finally something I can get on board with

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

yeah but gun manufacturers will just argue that their guns are for target shooting or hunting. So if somebody shoots a person that's not their problem. Like, at most all you'd get is they'd start putting an EULA on the side of every gun, or like "WARNING: DO NOT USE FOR MURDER"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

are they?

if the design was unsafe or contributory yes*

* there are hundreds of cases nuancing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

his narrative is gonna change on a daily basis between literally everything except guns or russians

• Locked thread