Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What people don't know is that in the original script Batman didn't kill people, but Ben Affleck kept ad libbing on set and these were the only usable takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Batman immolates a dude with the batmobile’s turbine and stuffs dynamite down the pants of another in Batman Returns in the span of like, ten minutes, and both are played as gags. Murderbats on film ain’t nothing new. Unfortunately BvS was intended to kickstart a “definitive” cinematic adaption of the comic version character, which has traditionally been presented as having a very different set of morals.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What people don't know is that in the original script Batman didn't kill people, but Ben Affleck kept ad libbing on set and these were the only usable takes.

Either we keep the footage where Ben shot that extra to death, or we do another take. I know what I want to do, and it's not the one that makes me miss my lunch date

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Batman doesn’t kill people! He just maims them terribly and destroys their bodies, likely leaving them with a lifetime of chronic pain and an early death. But he totally doesn’t kill people, much like cigarettes don’t kill people.

Very moral.

Also, I’ve never read the Dark Knight Returns, but if you’ve gotta do deep exegesis to prove that he didn’t kill a dude in the panel where he shot him with an assault rifle then you’ve already lost the argument.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ynohtna posted:

Batman kill... If you live, shoot!

And God created Wonder Woman.

Live like a god, die like a Superman.

Sweet Cyborg's Baadasssss Song.

A fishman called Arthur.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ynohtna posted:

And God created Wonder Woman.

Live like a god, die like a Superman.

Sweet Cyborg's Baadasssss Song.

A fishman called Arthur.

There's Something About Barry

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's Something About Barry

Well, this thread’s peaked.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
We Need To Talk About Barry.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

the movie was vastly inferior to the Dark Knight Returns cartoon that came out 4 years earlier
:cawg:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Have you not seen it? I found clips from it by accident on youtube a while back, it's great.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I've seen it, it blows.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
The Adventures of Barry's Munchausen Syndrome.

Apokolips Now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah its shite. You know you've hosed up when your close adaptation pales in comparison to the media that visually references it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fwiw, my pop watches all the dcau movies, especially batman ones. He did not like the dkr and killing joke ones. Haven't asked him about Gotham by gaslight yet, which looks even worse lmao

He was also lukewarm on beavis.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
You've got a Weird Dad
I miss the traditional Hank Hill dads that think all VIDYAGAMES & animated anything are cartoons & for children
Think we're on the last generation of those......

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Gorn Myson posted:

Yeah its shite. You know you've hosed up when your close adaptation pales in comparison to the media that visually references it.

It's only a gently caress-up if you have some aspiration of doing something aesthetically different.

Appropriately, the only good DC ANIMATED UNIVERSE ORIGINAL MOVIE is Batman: Gotham Knight.

The rest are the same level of quality as your Land Before Time or Barbie movie. Hell, the Barbie franchise has a better good-to-bad ratio than DC animated.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You've got a Weird Dad
I miss the traditional Hank Hill dads that think all VIDYAGAMES & animated anything are cartoons & for children
Think we're on the last generation of those......

I think it's weird too, I dig it tho.

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a really brutal incidental murder in Black Panther and they laugh about it.

Which one are you talking about? I had big beefs with the way a lot of the violence was handled so I'm curious on your perspective here.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They straight up run one of the guys over during the car chase and do a "ooh! That's gotta hurt!" thing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I think it's weird too, I dig it tho.
yeah tbf hank hill dads aren't very fun

oh incidentally, the one comic book TV thing I could actually tolerate* is coming back yay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaQ59yNSbKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9UcfgkU8hk

I thought some of it lapsed into the sort of mediocre writing and TV fistfighting I imagine the dumb Netflix shows and Agents of shield are like if I could even stomach watching them, but overall it was a dope first season from noah hawley. aubrey plaza and jemaine clement were a delight

*I think Happy! is still probably fine to okay but I'm behind a bunch of episodes now

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 22, 2018

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
REJOICE!

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/966769177124945920

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Batgirl, a movie of such feminist importance.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Zack Snyder as far as I know is a healthy family man who is faithful to his wife and has no allegations of sexually predatory behavior

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Creepy Bald Guy posted:

I'm grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I…uh, is there a sexier word for 'failed?'

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Plus, he's beefcake.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

“Exits”

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Zack Snyder as far as I know is a healthy family man who is faithful to his wife and has no allegations of sexually predatory behavior
I don't believe Jena Malone's allegations that he trained her to deadlift 300 lbs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He probably couldn't keep up with the training regime Zack left for everyone at WB :v:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope they at least let Joss do the Russian Family movie that he set up for in Justice League.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't believe Jena Malone's allegations that he trained her to deadlift 300 lbs.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He probably couldn't keep up with the training regime Zack left for everyone at WB :v:

:eyepop:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

It's a requirement to act in his movies.

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They straight up run one of the guys over during the car chase and do a "ooh! That's gotta hurt!" thing.

I had so many issues with BP by the time I left that I just about forgot that whole sequence. It's an extremely Marvel move to glibly toss in quiptastic widespread destruction and death in Korea just because it makes for a great car commercial. Which, now that I think about it, I haven't read any writers grappling with.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
#getmerippedzack
#getmeswolesnyder

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

#getmerippedzack
#getmeswolesnyder

gently caress the tb12 health plan, I want Snyder's

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Oh my, lookin like a ripped Winona Ryder.

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I did a bunch of digging into Deborah Snyder for an in appreciation piece and, honestly, she's the largely unsung leader of whatever success the DC films have had post-Nolan. Her working relationship with Zack is phenomenal with her creative insights into VR and the like something I hope she gets to expand on. There doesn't seem to be the mountain of slayer skeletons Joss has and I hope she gets more credit in the longview.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Can't believe the guy who worked on a Wonder Woman movie for over a year over a decade ago and had a bunch of horrendously idiotic ideas for it before leaving with nothing to show for it also failed to create a Batgirl movie. Great job Warner Bros.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zack Snyder is a really good dude. I remember liking him when he was at comic con signing watchmen comics for free. That’s super nice of him.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Can't believe the guy who worked on a Wonder Woman movie for over a year over a decade ago and had a bunch of horrendously idiotic ideas for it before leaving with nothing to show for it also failed to create a Batgirl movie. Great job Warner Bros.
it's almost like he's......not good with :females: (im imagining those as tiny whedon heads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Snyder could whoop Whedons rear end in a irl fight