Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i drank tht sapporo and that 750ml of pear cider tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pollyanna posted:

i drank tht sapporo and that 750ml of pear cider tonight

good warmup

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tanith posted:

this is the worst state of affairs

I found one in the fridge so it was good

It was definitely the last one tho

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

had one of these at the local hipster beer place last night http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone-seasonals/stone-xocoveza#ageGatePassed and holy hell it was good

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i had one of those recently and i can confirm that it was good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

roboshit posted:

had one of these at the local hipster beer place last night http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone-seasonals/stone-xocoveza#ageGatePassed and holy hell it was good

was it hoppy as poo poo since stone usually goes overboard?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

graph posted:

was it hoppy as poo poo since stone usually goes overboard?

not at all it was very chocolately

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im making beer now

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

make it good beer not bad beer

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

bad beer fuckin bitch

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cheap beer and nice vodka with a side of dried fish

my ideal date

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
girlfriend pissed at me for no reason so I guess its going to be a couple more shots of half vodka half triple sec and off to bed

good night yospos

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

enjoyed a left hand milk stout and it was a fine beer but not as good as the local coffee stout from earlier in the week, or the nut brown nitro earlier in the day

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
found an old bottle of blue curacao i had and decided to see what would happen if i added some to a vodka tonic

i have made a huge mistake

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

chmods please posted:

found […] blue curacao […]

i have made a huge mistake

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I once witnessed a server get frustrated that a bartender hadn’t made a drink for her table yet, go behind the bar, and make the drink herself

and when she couldn’t find the blue curaçao she substituted hypnotiq

when the drink was sent back and the bartender got it, he was just this side of homicidal, it was a sight to behold

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Seamonster posted:

girlfriend pissed at me for no reason so I guess its going to be a couple more shots of half vodka half triple sec and off to bed

good night yospos

drinks is not medicines op

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Corla Plankun posted:

drinks is not medicines op

that's why the thread is "pick your poison" and not "choose a healthy coping mechanism"

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
alcohol is an addictive carcinogen that destroys healthy liver and brain tissue

it also tastes real good and livens up any dull social obligation

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

alcohol is an addictive carcinogen that destroys healthy liver and brain tissue

it also tastes real good and livens up any dull social obligation

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah...sometimes i worry about drinking so much but its nice so

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

if it’s the cyber punk future why isn’t there a microchip that you can get implanted which negates the negative health aspects of alcohol consumption

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

yeah...sometimes i worry about drinking so much but its nice so

humans evolved drinking booze and getting drunk dude it’s in our DNA...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
alcohol is man's oldest friend

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
drinkin suntory hibiki :yum:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

about to drink lots of tequila

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

probably most of it añejo or extra añejo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

eschaton posted:

probably most of it aejo or extra aejo

nice

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I had a good pils earlier today

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

bump

currently drinking prairie artisanal ales "pirate bomb"

it's a 15% abv imperial stout aged in rum barrels with coffee, chocolate, and chiles

it goes against a all my principles in beer but holy gently caress it's actually goddamn amazing

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

bump

currently drinking prairie artisanal ales "pirate bomb"

it's a 15% abv imperial stout aged in rum barrels with coffee, chocolate, and chiles

it goes against a all my principles in beer but holy gently caress it's actually goddamn amazing

bourbon, and sometimes rum, barrel stouts crammed full of vanilla/coffee/chocolate/whatever are usually really good but yeah they are a bit much, usually good in small doses. i like that prairie does 12oz bottles because any more than that and it would be rough. you need a few people to crack the large format bottles otherwise it's a waste.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
eh Taylor small batch, macallan 12 soon

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Lyon posted:

bourbon, and sometimes rum, barrel stouts crammed full of vanilla/coffee/chocolate/whatever are usually really good but yeah they are a bit much, usually good in small doses. i like that prairie does 12oz bottles because any more than that and it would be rough. you need a few people to crack the large format bottles otherwise it's a waste.

for all the ridiculous flavors going on in this beer it is amazingly subdued and balanced. excellent chocolate flavor that's weirdly complemented and balanced by the spiciness from the chilies, and putting it in a rum barrel gives it a sort of fruitiness maybe? it was also about $12 for a 12oz bottle which is crazy expensive for a beer but son of a bitch if i wouldn't pay that much again for another.

i've had plenty of over-the-top barrel aged stouts before, almost all bourbon barrel aged. a dark rich stout with the vanilla notes of bourbon is a really nice pairing, but honestly the vast majority of bourbon barrel beers are WAY overdone, to the point i suspect a number of them aren't really barrel aging their beer but rather are putting in some sort of godawful flavor syrup or some poo poo.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

but honestly the vast majority of bourbon barrel beers are WAY overdone, to the point i suspect a number of them aren't really barrel aging their beer but rather are putting in some sort of godawful flavor syrup or some poo poo.

i guess i should have qualified my statement with, 'barrel aged stouts from good breweries' but yeah i agree with you for the most part.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Glans Dillzig posted:

eh Taylor small batch, macallan 12 soon

:yeah:

had some tomintoul 16y earlier today. it was pretty light for a scotch

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 3, 2018

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
bulleit was on sale. watched Batman v. Superman on Netflix while bulleit-ridden after a long hard week. good times

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fridays are for dortmunder gold

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

SO DEMANDING posted:

this feeling is why i always taste all the beers even if they sound horrible

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

fridays are for dortmunder gold

a good choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

http://www.epicbrewing.com/the-beers/exponential-series/item/7472-big-bad-baptista

hadn’t heard of these guys before but had this recently. whisky barrel aged and a dollar per oz and worth it