Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I saw Grimes before Florence and the Machine last year and she cut her opening set short for unexplained personal reasons.

That's all I got sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

exquisite tea posted:

Mad respect for all artists who are also good at video games. They truly live their entire lives on hardcore mode, no casuals allowed.

I remember a long time ago Jack Black posted a picture after he full platinum'd Project Gotham Racing 2. I was legit impressed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why the hell is this weird-rear end view snapping on by default in Talos Principle?!!! I thought my controller was broken. Is there a gameplay reason?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

...! posted:

The funny thing is that I killed Maria on my first attempt. I didn't even try to parry her; I just overwhelmed her and beat the everloving poo poo out of her. It wasn't until afterward that I read that people have a lot of problems with her.

That's the weird thing about Bloodborne; some people have no problem with supposedly hard bosses but get killed repeatedly by "easy" ones.

I beat Ornstein and Smoug on my first attempt. I thought it was a cool boss, and didn't realize it was one of those boss battles until well after. I'm sure I just got lucky, as I'm not exactly a pro, but I just found it really funny at the time.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Morpheus posted:

I beat Ornstein and Smoug on my first attempt. I thought it was a cool boss, and didn't realize it was one of those boss battles until well after. I'm sure I just got lucky, as I'm not exactly a pro, but I just found it really funny at the time.

That's awesome. I was able to kill Manus on my first try, but O&S kill me every time if I don't have help. I'm completely terrible when it comes to multiple enemies.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Morpheus posted:

Same but with Capra Demon, I beat him first or second try but I must have died 20+ times to Queelag, I got so fed up that I turned the game off for months, it was only watching a Northernlion Let's Play that inspired me to push through and finish the game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why the hell is this weird-rear end view snapping on by default in Talos Principle?!!! I thought my controller was broken. Is there a gameplay reason?

I'm not sure what you are referring to

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Seedge posted:

I had a loan of it. I played the YTR. The majority of my time was spent riding a horse towards a waypoint, beating a named dude, then riding again. With the open world there's no reason to stop and capture bases or gates. The crafting has eleven billion ingredients and most named drops were just gold. It was incredibly dull. They should remake DW3, leave the enemies as low-poly, low resolution dudes and have them all on screen: enemies popping into existence shouldn't still be a thing three console generations later.

I thought this post was about the Witcher 3 for a moment

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
https://youtu.be/K2OAb9Yor4s

DJMAX Respect is launching globally and I highly recommend checking it out if you have any interest in rhythm games.

It is a Beatmania-style game that works suprisingly well for DS4 controller. Visuals are dope. A lot of tracks with different music styles. Also it says "Press X to Pay Respect" on start menu.

Buy that poo poo, unless you are allergic to Anime or something.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

singateco posted:

DJMAX Respect is launching globally and I highly recommend checking it out if you have any interest in rhythm games.

It is a Beatmania-style game that works suprisingly well for DS4 controller. Visuals are dope. A lot of tracks with different music styles. Also it says "Press X to Pay Respect" on start menu.

Been looking for a new “flow” game and I haven’t played a ton of rhythm games lately. Is it out today?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not sure what you are referring to

The view snaps to the horizon by default if you move the right stick even the slightest bit up or down.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The view snaps to the horizon by default if you move the right stick even the slightest bit up or down.

This is the first I've heard of it but a search revealed a pc player who had the same problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/257510/discussions/0/1480982971160445692/

I don't know if the ps4 version has the same control options.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah you can turn it off easily but it's on by default and is just bizarre.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Is there a vr version of the game? I can't really figure out why that's even an option, much less why it's on by default.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

singateco posted:

I picked this up last year and can confirm that it's really good. It's tempting to buy a second domestic version to support them but I don't know if i'm willing to grind out the free mode combo unlocks again. Also buy the DLC, especially the Guilty Gear songs.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Morpheus posted:

Back in GTA: Vice City, I beat "The Driver" on my first attempt in both of my playthroughs. In San Andreas I also got the RC plane mission in 2-3 tries back when people were saying that it was literally impossible.

:smug:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I played a table top game for the first time and the DM designed it around Bloodborne and it ruled.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Olive! posted:

Is there a vr version of the game? I can't really figure out why that's even an option, much less why it's on by default.

There is actually, but it's PC-only for now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

There is actually, but it's PC-only for now.

I honestly don't remember that from the game at all and that's the type of thing I'd have noticed. PSVR version in the works maybe?

Although I don't know what that would have to do with VR tbh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Talos Principle is very good and at €7 it feels very good value 👍🏻

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

CordlessPen posted:

Back in GTA: Vice City, I beat "The Driver" on my first attempt in both of my playthroughs. In San Andreas I also got the RC plane mission in 2-3 tries back when people were saying that it was literally impossible.

I am so angry at you right now.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I just guessed vr because I know one of the common solutions to motion sickness that they use in vr games is a sort of camera snapping instead of smooth movement. I think that's usually used for horizontal turning though, I'm not sure the use of vertical snapping in any situation.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never seen it.

Really weird design decision though. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play a game like that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Olive! posted:

I just guessed vr because I know one of the common solutions to motion sickness that they use in vr games is a sort of camera snapping instead of smooth movement. I think that's usually used for horizontal turning though, I'm not sure the use of vertical snapping in any situation.
Other than a game like Descent why would someone need to pan so far up and down?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

I didn’t like Grimes’ first album at all but Art Angels is good as hell

She has 4 albums so it's hard to know which you're referring to. Geidi Primes ain't much, but if you didn't like Visions then I feel bad for you son because that album is easily 5x better than Art Angels.

edit; this is my last post about pop music artist Grimes in the Sony Reststation 4 thread

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 23, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CordlessPen posted:

Reported for trolling

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Other than a game like Descent why would someone need to pan so far up and down?

I think this post is the reason devs need to work so hard to get people to ever look up in video games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Olive! posted:

I think this post is the reason devs need to work so hard to get people to ever look up in video games.
I don't think I understand what y'all are talking about. In VR you can just look straight up and down by bending your neck...? You only need to use the controller to pan left and right because most people play PSVR sitting down and can't turn all the way around.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Olive! posted:

I'm not sure the use of vertical snapping in any situation.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Was stuck on this rear end in a top hat for a month. Felt good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's the hardest boss in the whole series imo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ryoga posted:

I picked this up last year and can confirm that it's really good. It's tempting to buy a second domestic version to support them but I don't know if i'm willing to grind out the free mode combo unlocks again. Also buy the DLC, especially the Guilty Gear songs.

I was already interested in this game. But that sold it for me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't say I like hardly any of the music or animations in DJMax Respect, but I still pull it out to try every once in a while. Also as of a patch a bit ago it supports my fightstick, though I'm not completely convinced I do better with it than the controller (awful at both).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's the hardest boss in the whole series imo

Some of the DS3 DLC bosses were absolute bullshit. Darkeater Midir is the only Souls boss I haven't beaten because it's so tedious.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o yea I now that I think about it I never actually finished that dlc because I thought it was bad. only saw the first boss but it was everything I hate about the boss design in dark souls 3

guess I can't call something the hardest in the series if I haven't actually seen all of the bosses :v:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I got sucked back into Bloodborne after two years of being clean.

Trying to do skill this time. Are the Saif and Rakuyo good? Kinda want to make a Maria clone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Trying to do skill this time. Are the Saif and Rakuyo good? Kinda want to make a Maria clone.

the rakuyo is insanely powerful. the saif has a fantastic moveset but the damage is mediocre. great weapon to have when you get invaded but I'd stick with the rakuyo for bosses

I wish the rakuyo wasn't locked behind the horrible fish well :sigh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Saif is awesome and is a little less of a stamina hog compared to the Rakuyo, which is also awesome.

Also, Burial Blade is awesome.

Skill weapons are awesome.

Bloodborne is awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am currently trying to fight orphan of Kos myself. 20 deaths and Counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Orphans primary attack is screaming at you until your brain is broken.