Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
dropped 37 kills in a MM game. I tried to carry the team but they just didn't want to win. One literally said 'No I don't need a buy' and ran off with a 250 armor and full nade stack one round. Like wtf, I'm making nutty plays and you literally have 7 kills.

We ended up tying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I found that shotguns are a really good lost first round so forcing guns. Sawed off can one hit against head armor at close range.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

sterster posted:

dropped 37 kills in a MM game. I tried to carry the team but they just didn't want to win. One literally said 'No I don't need a buy' and ran off with a 250 armor and full nade stack one round. Like wtf, I'm making nutty plays and you literally have 7 kills.

We ended up tying.

I didn't know you were the same rank as Mushu.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
mushu does quick math when he buys so that the team equipment value is 24200 or 16900 whenever possible

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The amount of rage shotgun kills generate (from both sides, for that matter) makes them worth their weight in gold.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sterster posted:

We ended up tying.

This is every 2-3 games in MM for me, complete with the 250, armor and full nades; I just take it in stride, do my think, say good things when people do well and don't rage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MF_James posted:

This is every 2-3 games in MM for me, complete with the 250, armor and full nades; I just take it in stride, do my think, say good things when people do well and don't rage.

Why buy nades? pro250 and full armor for click spam

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I wasn't mega familiar with old Nuke but the changes don't seem too bad to me, I'm certainly dying (a bit) less with those windows at A gone.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Good result for Renegades to get through groups at Starseries, even if they had a fortunate draw.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Good result for Renegades to get through groups at Starseries, even if they had a fortunate draw.

I'm lowkey kinda hyped for this team. nifty is a promising IGL and amazing awper, the Australian core is pretty solid, and jkaem really is due for a resurgence.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I'm starting to think mouz could win back to back majors and they'd still be called a tier 2 team by a lot of people.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://www.hltv.org/news/22868/faceit-to-host-next-major-in-london

The second Major of 2018 will culminate with a live event from September 20-23 at the 10,000-seater SSE Arena, Wembley, which staged the offline finals of the first and the third ECS seasons.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Kehveli posted:

I'm starting to think mouz could win back to back majors and they'd still be called a tier 2 team by a lot of people.

I really like mouz but they're still too inconsistent versus the established 'tier 1' teams.

e: they're the best tier 1.5 team

quote:

Edit: which I wouldn't disagree with, maybe most teams are in between tiers at this point other than sk and faze
I think that this is probably true. There seems to be a lot of parity(especially using best of 1s) during this era of pro CS.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 22, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Cloud 9 is firmly tier 2 outside of their major run by that metric imo

Edit: which I wouldn't disagree with, maybe most teams are in between tiers at this point other than sk and faze

stump collector fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 22, 2018

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

The scene is imo healthier and more entertaining when you can't break it down like

[tier 1]
is untouchable for
[tier 2]
spanks the poo poo out of
[tier 3]
sometimes kicks the daylight out of you in
[faceit/esea]

it's hard to see anyone outright dominating in the coming months.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Tiers are just subjective as gently caress. For a long time, T1 was like the top 8-10 teams. T2 was like, 10-20 outsider teams. T3 was basically non-competitive but potentially up and coming, like old Space Solders, LDLC and so on. So I think you have to call mouz T1 now, even if they're just currently middling T1. I agree they have a big hangover from being T2 so long, and I have to say they haven't yet shown the stomping dominance of other T1 teams. They're improving over time, but C9 was their first 2-0 over a top 5 team in I can't even remember. They've been grinding out a lot of 2-1s over real good teams, but also dropping to lesser teams a fair bit. It's what I'd expect from a slightly less experienced multinational lineup. High peak, but mistakes and inconsistency stop them from ever really decimating strong opponents like you see from the best of the best.

To cement T1 status in people's minds, you usually have to win a big tournament or run deep consecutively and have a run of form where you're undisputed top 3 or so. Lineups that do that sort of keep their status even when they don't perform, it's seen as them not playing to their potential because they've done it before. So teams like VP, NiP, fnatic, Gambit may all seem worse than Gambit currently, but people expect things from their rosters based on past performance.

They need to do well at Starseries, which is a tough ask given probably 7/8 of the world's best are there. They lost out to Gambit and Hellraisers at IEM Katowice qualifier, so no luck from that quarter.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

To make a basketball reference, I think it's the "post Jordan era" where there are no gimme games for anyone right now so everyone just kicks the poo poo out of each other. Basically making it really hard to tell who is better than who unless those teams play a bo3 that week.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
T1 has always meant "beat Dignitas/TSM/Astralis" and T2 means "loses 16-4 to Dig/TSM/Astralis"

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The circle of MM life: rank up, top frag for 3 losses, rank back down. is it worth trying esea

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
esea is full of the absolute worst teenagers with the biggest egos. They're all shitheads. Competative cs is terrible

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
VP is...

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Garfu posted:

esea is full of the absolute worst teenagers with the biggest egos. They're all shitheads. Competative cs is terrible

That's just the game. In EU, ESEA was always the best place to play in general. But because it has stats, it instantly raises the toxicity level pretty high.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Garfu posted:

Can confirm. Very few MM games I've played have reached the toxicity levels of an average low mmr ESEA match

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

What do you mean, guy calling to hold A solo on cbble dying instantly every round then saying "you guys loving blow" when you bring a 2v5 retake to a 1v1 for the 6th time this half, is toxic?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Whats up. I've been playing CS for a while now and thought I'd try playing with goons. I requested to join on steam, my steamname is excellenb. Am I doing this right?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dance Officer posted:

Whats up. I've been playing CS for a while now and thought I'd try playing with goons. I requested to join on steam, my steamname is excellenb. Am I doing this right?

Yes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Join the discord and add the server to your favorites

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kwilty posted:

What do you mean, guy calling to hold A solo on cbble dying instantly every round then saying "you guys loving blow" when you bring a 2v5 retake to a 1v1 for the 6th time this half, is toxic?

Yes, they're calling you out quilty.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kwilty posted:

It me

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

HE'S THERE

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

He's there

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Infinotize posted:

The circle of MM life: rank up, top frag for 3 losses, rank back down. is it worth trying esea

try Faceit first, honestly. it seems much less toxic to me, doesn't have the money investment, and has nice smooth 128 tick servers.

I'd recommend never solo queueing, but...

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Garfu posted:

Join the discord and add the server to your favorites

poo poo forgot this part. Here I am still typing it into console. :effort:

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

try Faceit first, honestly. it seems much less toxic to me, doesn't have the money investment, and has nice smooth 128 tick servers.

I'd recommend never solo queueing, but...

If you're low ranks on cevo / faceit they're alright places to play. When you get to the point where you're pushing the "good ranks" it becomes a hell storm of cheaters

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you have to install a separate AC to play faceit now. I have no idea if this fixed anything, as I have only played hub queued games. CEVO's anticheat is pretty lovely though.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Faceits anticheat has come a long way, I think them getting the major could be the push they need to take some NA market share away from esea

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Kwilty posted:

When you get to the point where you're pushing the "good ranks" it becomes a hell storm of cheaters

Maybe they're just good players with very good headphones :thunk:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Photex posted:

Faceits anticheat has come a long way, I think them getting the major could be the push they need to take some NA market share away from esea

Yeah, I've been out for too long. I just checked and their AC is nice and invasive like ESEA's because it has kernel access, so it has the potential to be much harder to bypass. Also mine bitcoins. It used to be the case that ESEA was the only place you could play where 99.x% of players were clean, and the cost pushes away the worst dregs. People used to throw pretty hardcore on FACEIT as well, because there were minimal repercussions.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I missed the first map of navi and Astralis, didnthey play new nuke or old nuke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Astralis needs a fat guy if they ever want to become leaders again.