Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fathis Munk posted:

I do love how they throw in that their test scores were totally up to the standards.

They're wacky, but they're also real smart. They could have gotten in if they really wanted to.

Yeah they always seem to throw that in. With college ones it's always something like that, with things like the ones from stores banning people it's always something like "we found this hilarious but rules are rules" or whatever.

also stdh: the only actual content on the previous page stopping whatever this derail is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I just imagine the teacher going "You got me there you rascal. Get in there and do the test with your five foot notecard"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If that was any kind of difficult class, she probably still didn't do great because she spent so much time on the giant notecard than actually doing practice problems. I had an exam that was open book, open notes and most of the class except those of us who have taken exams like that were rejoicing. The class average was somewhere around 55/100 because there was very little in the book that could get you beyond the first few steps of each problem (there were only 2 of them).

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Katt posted:

I just imagine the teacher going "You got me there you rascal. Get in there and do the test with your five foot notecard"

Isn't that the teacher's tweet on the left saying exactly that?

Unless the STDH is the student actually showing up with that and not a stunt photo.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

I get Spencer, but now people are actually calling Milo a Nazi?

What's that thing where a huge part of your affiliates, professional contacts and fan base is Nazis

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zelder posted:

What's that thing where a huge part of your affiliates, professional contacts and fan base is Nazis

The government

Content:

gschmidl has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Feb 19, 2018

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
EVERYTHING IS NO MORE BELIEVABLE IF IT'S TYPED IN ALL CAPS WITH NO PUNCTUATION

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

There's no way a restaurant would have even considered honoring that order unless they paid in advance. I mean, even the biggest chain pizza on the planet couldn't put that many pizzas out in a single order without them all getting cold as hell, so they wouldn't do it unless the person understood they would all be cold and it would take half the day to cook them all. Even 20 pizzas is a huge order that they should have called and discussed with the manager instead of just ordering on mobile.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There's no way a restaurant would have even considered honoring that order unless they paid in advance. I mean, even the biggest chain pizza on the planet couldn't put that many pizzas out in a single order without them all getting cold as hell, so they wouldn't do it unless the person understood they would all be cold and it would take half the day to cook them all. Even 20 pizzas is a huge order that they should have called and discussed with the manager instead of just ordering on mobile.

There's also no way an online pizza ordering form accepts "2000" as the quantity.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Lucy_and_Ethel_packing_chocolates_but_instead_they're_pizzas.wmv

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
re: notes for testing

Every teacher and professor I've had was cool about letting us use their slips as loopholes. Personally, I was a fan of blue and red colored pencils, and using 3d glasses. You can technically get 2x the amount of info on the card, using the respective blue and red lens to read each color.

Also, putting that much effort into making a giant rear end notecard will help you study by proxy, because as you're writing/typing all that info out, you're subconsciously committing it to memory. Open book tests have a higher rate of failure because instead of relying on memory for correct answers, and trusting those answers, kids are more prone to look up each and every answer, often running out of time.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Zipperelli. posted:

Personally, I was a fan of blue and red colored pencils, and using 3d glasses. You can technically get 2x the amount of info on the card, using the respective blue and red lens to read each color.

Give me your lunch money

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

How do you manage to walk outside and not have any idea what the weather is before you step in it? It’s snow, it goes literally everywhere and is hard not to see unless you have no windows inside your house and no connection to the outside world

Also, that’s still not an endearing way to go, “LOL you guys just in case you forgot I’m an insufferable shut-in and here’s why, lol isn’t it hilarious that I hadn’t been outside in so long I didn’t even know it snowed? aren’t I crazy?!”

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Feb 20, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nuclear War posted:

Give me your lunch money

It was only $.50 for a milk, but I left it on your mother's nightstand this morning.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

It was only $.50 for a milk, but I left it on your mother's nightstand this morning.

Wow, left a tip and everything!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Lucy_and_Ethel_packing_chocolates_but_instead_they're_pizzas.wmv

Can't find a clip but Sabrina the Teenage Witch literally did that joke when her and Valerie got jobs at the Slicery.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Zipperelli. posted:

re: notes for testing

Every teacher and professor I've had was cool about letting us use their slips as loopholes. Personally, I was a fan of blue and red colored pencils, and using 3d glasses. You can technically get 2x the amount of info on the card, using the respective blue and red lens to read each color.

Also, putting that much effort into making a giant rear end notecard will help you study by proxy, because as you're writing/typing all that info out, you're subconsciously committing it to memory. Open book tests have a higher rate of failure because instead of relying on memory for correct answers, and trusting those answers, kids are more prone to look up each and every answer, often running out of time.

I had a professor for an English class always have her test open book. She openly told students “if you have to look up every single thing, you’re not going to do good on the test anyway, so what do I care?”

She also didn’t give a poo poo if people walked out of class together even to give each other answers because “if you have to stop your test to give someone else the answer. It’s only hurting you and helping them. So if that’s what you wanna do, go for it.”

She was a fantastic prof.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I had a professor for an English class always have her test open book. She openly told students “if you have to look up every single thing, you’re not going to do good on the test anyway, so what do I care?”

She also didn’t give a poo poo if people walked out of class together even to give each other answers because “if you have to stop your test to give someone else the answer. It’s only hurting you and helping them. So if that’s what you wanna do, go for it.”

My driver's ed teacher would drink a 2 liter of diet coke during every in-class session and take frequent bathroom breaks. During the final written test, he left the room altogether so everyone just collaborated and got a perfect score.

Which was good, because most of us would have failed. Which was bad, because I wonder how many car accidents that guy is responsible for.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

The Black Stones posted:

I think one of the cleverest questions I had in an English class was one where it gave an excerpt from a sparknotes page about the book, and then said “write an essay explaining why this is wrong.”

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

life is killing me posted:

How do you manage to walk outside and not have any idea what the weather is before you step in it? It’s snow, it goes literally everywhere and is hard not to see unless you have no windows inside your house and no connection to the outside world

Also, that’s still not an endearing way to go, “LOL you guys just in case you forgot I’m an insufferable shut-in and here’s why, lol isn’t it hilarious that I hadn’t been outside in so long I didn’t even know it snowed? aren’t I crazy?!”
Also if it's cold enough to snow, it's been too cold to walk outside in bare feet for quite a while.

If anything that would go double for a shut-in, since the outdoors would feel extra-cold compared to their nerd den.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Mr. Belpit posted:

Wow, left a tip and everything!

something something, tip is also a way to describe the end of a penis, something joke something

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

something something, tip is also a way to describe the end of a penis, something joke something

ooooh, I got it: he left JUST the tip!!!!!

Oof, no, that was....Not Good.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

tankadillo posted:

I think one of the cleverest questions I had in an English class was one where it gave an excerpt from a sparknotes page about the book, and then said “write an essay explaining why this is wrong.”

hosed up if she just kept giving people's essays back to different students and asking for an essay on why that essay is wrong. Just repeat every week with the new essays for an entire semester.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

poptart_fairy posted:

He embraced them as a fan base. Whether or not he holds Nazi viewpoints at this stage is irrelevant: actively courting and mingling with them says it all.

Ahem, I think you'll find he likes to suck black dick, ergo he is not a Nazi.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If that was any kind of difficult class, she probably still didn't do great because she spent so much time on the giant notecard than actually doing practice problems.

There's some truth to that. You actually learn a lot from making a small notecard, because it forces you to prioritize and pick out what's most important. Just copying everything is a lot less useful.

Haifisch posted:

Also if it's cold enough to snow, it's been too cold to walk outside in bare feet for quite a while.

If anything that would go double for a shut-in, since the outdoors would feel extra-cold compared to their nerd den.

You've never been to Colorado. It was shorts and T-shirt weather Sunday afternoon, and down to single degrees (Fahrenheit) and snowing by later that night.

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 07:24 on Feb 21, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jurgan posted:

There's some truth to that. You actually learn a lot from making a small notecard, because it forces you to prioritize and pick out what's most important. Just copying everything is a lot less useful.

I guess it varies from subject to subject, but yeah blindly copying every equation in the book is counterproductive considering the tests are always about using them, not memorizing them. Like I used to know people who would spend hours hiding notes in the form of TI-89 programs and it just seemed like a big waste of time, especially since giving out formula sheets was pretty common in those types of classes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jurgan posted:

Ahem, I think you'll find he likes to suck black dick, ergo he is not a Nazi.

How convenient because I tell all nazis to do the same :black101:

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
willing to bet you don't actually do that irl

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Imagine being pathetic enough to think online homophobia is a legitimate response to real world Nazis.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
uh oh these alt-right neo-nazis are causing trouble...better put my head down and put a like on this anti-racism article on bored panda, that'll show them

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Kevin Palpatine posted:

willing to bet you don't actually do that irl

poptart_fairy posted:

Imagine being pathetic enough to think online homophobia is a legitimate response to real world Nazis.

Kevin Palpatine posted:

uh oh these alt-right neo-nazis are causing trouble...better put my head down and put a like on this anti-racism article on bored panda, that'll show them

Or worse. Post on something awful about people posting about posting. Jointly crafting the mythological poo poo posting Ouroboros.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Katt posted:

Or worse. Post on something awful about people posting about posting. Jointly crafting the mythological poo poo posting Ouroboros.

Don't sign your posts

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I studied in Norway, and we used slightly different wording for open book exams. On open book exams it was written that "All aides are allowed". One of my professors told us that one year, one student brought in his older brother who was some sort of phd expert in the subject as an aide, and due to the wording they had to allow it. That could very well be stdh.txt.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fish and chips and dip posted:

I studied in Norway, and we used slightly different wording for open book exams. On open book exams it was written that "All aides are allowed". One of my professors told us that one year, one student brought in his older brother who was some sort of phd expert in the subject as an aide, and due to the wording they had to allow it. That could very well be stdh.txt.

There's old caltech lore similar to that.

Caltech physics courses usually do their exams as open book tests. The intro physics final allowed "All your class notes, and Feynman".

The professor meant the textbook by Feynman, but one of the students went down the hall to Actual Feynman, who thought it was hilarious and took the test for them.

Next year the rules were phrased a bit differently.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

AlbieQuirky posted:

One of The Onion's very best.

I got a bunch of ads for wild turkey on this page.

Also that Feynman story sounds pretty STDH, but I love it anyway.

I'm the doctor with a jar full of live, full sized tapeworms sitting in the office, waiting to ambush fat people.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I didn't know tumblr was around in the 1800s.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We've all had days where we almost bought a death house right?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Doesn't matter. I was riveted and entertained. To steal a phrase from the article, "her memework was on point."

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Have to admit, I never thought of "buying grover house" as a white woman stereotype, but she just seems so insistent on it who am I to disagree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I didn't know white women liked to buy cursed houses and black man had a cursed house detector.

TMYK