Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You know, i notice how much heat is coming out the furnace exhaust.  Im thinking, bear with me, i could be extra warm if i could somehow reroute that inside the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

You know, i notice how much heat is coming out the furnace exhaust.  Im thinking, bear with me, i could be extra warm if i could somehow reroute that inside the trailer

Not seeing any flaws in this, you would at least get “one” awesome nights sleep

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Routing the exhaust under the end with the bed and then out the other side!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You know how else you could be extra warm? Move your house on wheels someplace warm.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Holy poo poo.. this product actually exists. I wen to the URL expecting like a joke page or something

http://www.usstove.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=261

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Let's be honest.

Those gases would only be the secondmost noxious gases in that trailer.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

tater_salad posted:

Holy poo poo.. this product actually exists. I wen to the URL expecting like a joke page or something

that's basically how aircooled VW's get their heat. Finned heatsinks on the exhaust pipe that the engine fan blows air across and into the cabin.

Usually ends up one of two ways. No heat because something isn't hooked up right or heat that burns the hair off your ankles because there are vents in the foot area at about ankle height.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

tater_salad posted:

It's an air-to-air heat exchanger. Nothing particularly weird about it. The flue gases are not vented to the room.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Veeb0rg posted:

that's basically how aircooled VW's get their heat. Finned heatsinks on the exhaust pipe that the engine fan blows air across and into the cabin.

Usually ends up one of two ways. No heat because something isn't hooked up right or heat that burns the hair off your ankles because there are vents in the foot area at about ankle height.

Until the exhaust rusts out or an exhaust manifold gasket leaks; then you get a mix of :catdrugs:, :2bong:, and CO.

Though let's be honest, 14 started out in ACVWs...

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Until the exhaust rusts out or an exhaust manifold gasket leaks; then you get a mix of :catdrugs:, :2bong:, and CO.

Though let's be honest, 14 started out in ACVWs...

I had the studs pull out of the head and drop one of the boxes on the highway. Great spark show and the open exhaust port lined up directly with the tube for the interior heat so I got direct exhaust into the car.

Being young and dumb, I drove home like that after rescuing what was left of the heater box.

That car actively tried to kill me the entire time I owned it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Veeb0rg posted:

Citroën 2CVs do the same thing, only the pipes for ducting heat are made of cardboard.

There is, of course, no way this can go wrong.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I cannot wait to be shiny and chrome :perfect:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 20, 2018

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Saw a homebuilt one for a wood stove where there was an inner section of unbroken pipe for the chimney pipe, and a larger one outside it with air pushed through. No welds or joints on the inner one should minimize risk of getting bad stuff mixed in fresh air. Most failures would just have it leak warm air.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

tater_salad posted:

I'm pretty sure those are pipes run through the chimney that heat air blown through them, not holes to vent exhaust gas directly into your house.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCFvqbSfgqM

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Is that like the third time that video has been posted in this thread?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Memento posted:

Is that like the third time that video has been posted in this thread?

Probably. It's kind of a long thread. Considering how Dave eats, it bears reposting every so often.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Left Ventricle posted:

Probably. It's kind of a long thread. Considering how Dave eats, it bears reposting every so often.

I just ate a whole jar of french onion chip dip and a half pound of merlot bellavitano cheese

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

I just ate a whole jar of french onion chip dip and a half pound of merlot bellavitano cheese

I have a block of Roaring 40s blue cheese and a tub of hummus topped with dukkah sitting at home calling my name. "Please Memento, eat me with rice crackers and red wine!"

edit:

https://twitter.com/alastairi/status/965561344266207232

[coronary disease intensifies]

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 21, 2018

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I have had conversations about Paqui Ghost Pepper corn chips with Dave, but tonight I got to inflict them on someone else.

I ran down to the corner gas station, and grabbed a couple powerades and a 40, and snagged a pack of these chips because they are fun as hell (hello endorphins), and for like the third time the attendant was like "I see people buyin these all the time, I wanna try them out." and I was like "My debit card rings true, I'll break open the bag right now and you can."

Well my charge goes through, and I immediately break open the bag.

"That's spicy but not too much heat."

"Waaaaaiiiiit for it."

"That's still not much." *attendant heads for the fountain drink dispenser*

"Waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit for it."

*attendant drinks fountain drink* "Still not too ba- JESUS CHRIST"

E: I made him grab it with a napkin so he didn't touch his eyes or his dick in the next hour or two inadvertently.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-maserati-biturbo/

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FI swap, no dice.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Best/worst fart stories

The students are begging for the master. You know what you must do, Dave.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cakesmith handyman posted:

FI swap, no dice.

Honestly, it's the only reliable Biturbo powerplant.

Current bid? $1200. :laugh:

Edit: Looks like a complete interior swap from the '87, too. Interesting car to watch at BaT.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 22, 2018

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Dick's European vacation?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

FI swap, no dice.

Non-working speedo, Zagato swap, there is plenty to frustrate our main character.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Literally like the 12th time thats been sent to me

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

But how many of those times was it Larry?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so a Sog is not a proper bagel de slicening into palm tool

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

It's an air-to-air heat exchanger. Nothing particularly weird about it. The flue gases are not vented to the room.

Veeb0rg posted:

no I'm familiar, I've owned aircooled VWs as a matter of fact. To me it looks like holes drilled into the exhaust / vent pipe.. which would be bad. Didn't think of it having an inner pipe. I mean the screen on the front just screams "ember catcher"

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah but if you still had the spear think of how many bagels you could have at once.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Veeb0rg posted:

You forgot to mention the CO poisoning.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So with blue skies and a 15% chance of snow, Tremek asked me to work on his snow blower to get it ready

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Maybe there's something to this storm-following-him thing after all...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
15 loving percent chance of snow

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

15 loving percent chance of snow

A lot of the time that means "100% chance over 15% of the reporting area."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Awwwww yeeeaaahhhh

Also got my 1/2" plugs in, popped right in after a shower no taper required

March 1 I'm heading to Prescott, AZ because my cousin married a dentist and I'm looking to get the last of the stumps pulled.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

March 1 I'm heading to Prescott, AZ because my cousin married a dentist and I'm looking to get the last of the stumps pulled.

There's no dentistry like obligated-by-family dentistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Just melt down what remains of your teeth with Panther Piss. Problem solved.

• Locked thread