Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I have a contact form on my portfolio page, send me a message with some info about what you're looking for and I'll get you the details.

https://www.davidchildersphotography.com/portfolio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

I have a contact form on my portfolio page, send me a message with some info about what you're looking for and I'll get you the details.

https://www.davidchildersphotography.com/portfolio

what's the story on that 1 star review

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

what's the story on that 1 star review

A customer that I refunded AND then had to pay for her chargeback fees. Selling digital goods online suuuucks. People abuse the hell out of you.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 19, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn’t know you sold your Lightroom presets drat

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Starting July 27, Be Our Guest is going to do a prix fixe dinner service. Looks like the food will be more upscale. They don't specify, but I have no doubt it will be a Signature meal and cost 2 dining credits.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...15180221180011C

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That's an odd choice. I guess they want to make sure they have a fancier dining option in every park and MK was the only one without?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Well, MK has CRT which is a Signature restaurant. I think they're just trying to capitalize more on BOG's popularity.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
BoG dinner supposedly has really bad capacity problems they are probably trying to raise the price/experience to match the capacity.

Does anyone have a good resource for inter-park transit times? I'm specifically looking for an estimate on getting from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs using Disney Transportation. Is there a place with a chart where I can look these up?

edit: omg this website http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Wasn’t there allegedly some blowback onto skipper canteen for being a bit inaccessible, food-wise?

If people freaked out about some Asian sauces and a whole fish, I can’t wait to see reactions to escargot and octopus tentacle. :allears: maybe expectations will be different since it’s a signature dining thing, though.

Dren posted:

Does anyone have a good resource for inter-park transit times? I'm specifically looking for an estimate on getting from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs using Disney Transportation. Is there a place with a chart where I can look these up?

Aren’t there direct park-to-springs bus routes now these days? it’s going to depend heavily on how lucky you get snagging a bus when you walk to the station. The website says the busses only run starting at 4 PM though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Starting July 27, Be Our Guest is going to do a prix fixe dinner service. Looks like the food will be more upscale. They don't specify, but I have no doubt it will be a Signature meal and cost 2 dining credits.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...15180221180011C

looks like utter poo poo.

Braksgirl posted:

Well, MK has CRT which is a Signature restaurant. I think they're just trying to capitalize more on BOG's popularity.

Le Cellier, cough cough.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Boxman posted:

Wasn’t there allegedly some blowback onto skipper canteen for being a bit inaccessible, food-wise?

If people freaked out about some Asian sauces and a whole fish, I can’t wait to see reactions to escargot and octopus tentacle. :allears: maybe expectations will be different since it’s a signature dining thing, though.

Aren’t there direct park-to-springs bus routes now these days? it’s going to depend heavily on how lucky you get snagging a bus when you walk to the station. The website says the busses only run starting at 4 PM though.

Oh ok, thanks. I think that will work since we're leaving after 4.

I also found this map which is cool. Made me realize I could do AK -> AK Lodge -> Disney Springs.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Le Cellier, cough cough.

Exactly what I was thinking of.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Dren posted:

I also found this map which is cool. Made me realize I could do AK -> AK Lodge -> Disney Springs.

I've done this. It takes a loooong time.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I completely forgot CRT because I didn't really enjoy it much outside the novelty of being in the castle.
I always assume 45 minutes for any leg of travel on grounds. Which is why I'm always ludicrously early or cutting it super close for Hoop Dee Doo. That drat boat

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do most people know all these abbreviations? Because I am completely lost every time someone uses one.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

RCarr posted:

Do most people know all these abbreviations? Because I am completely lost every time someone uses one.

CRT is cinderella's royal table, BOG is be our guest, MK is magic kingdom, AK is animal kingdom, DHS/HS is hollywood studios, EPCOT is experimental prototype community of tomorrow, IPCot is a sarcastic way of sneeringly referring to Epcot's ever-progression toward being an intelligence property park rather than what Epcot originally was- more of an edutainment park (stuff like putting Frozen Ever After (FEA) in World Showcase).

E: Anything else I can talk about at length like, if there's something specific you need translated. There's a lot of disney specific jargon and I never shut up so.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

When I get around to updating the OP, I will be sure to include a list of abbreviations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I like the BOG change for dinner, think it's a good move.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

CRT is cinderella's royal table, BOG is be our guest, MK is magic kingdom, AK is animal kingdom, DHS/HS is hollywood studios, EPCOT is experimental prototype community of tomorrow, IPCot is a sarcastic way of sneeringly referring to Epcot's ever-progression toward being an intelligence property park rather than what Epcot originally was- more of an edutainment park (stuff like putting Frozen Ever After (FEA) in World Showcase).

E: Anything else I can talk about at length like, if there's something specific you need translated. There's a lot of disney specific jargon and I never shut up so.

Thank you for this.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As someone whose job it was to take 1000 calls a day asking for BOG and CRT same day availability, hopefully this will open it up a bit.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
So the whole dinner experience is now a signature meal (as of July) or you can book a signature meal experience there?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Whole thing changed

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
I dined at BOG (granted, it was for lunch) and felt solidly oversold by the hype. The food was decent, and you're dining in the castle, but I probably would've enjoyed Skipper much more as far as theming and experience. It probably didn't help that they've stopped the roses. My sister is planning her own Disney trip now and it just felt very hard to recommend.

I would go back to try this prix-fixe though.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

looks like utter poo poo.

Le Cellier, cough cough.

What happened with Le Cellier?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

What happened with Le Cellier?

Le Cellier used to be one table service credit. It was The Place to go in Epcot because it was awesome and a good deal. Then they changed it to two table service credits and it's basically a walk up throughout a lot of the year.

In closing I have no idea why Disney does this because you'd think they'd want the restaurants booked solid.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's nice to be able to get in somewhere

I love stories about weird choices Disney makes. That, and stories about parents yelling at their exhausted kids because they don't appear to be having enough fun.

I may need some help.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney does it because they want to drive traffic to other restaurants and to increase Guest happiness. Almost every guest wants a BOG reservation. If they increase the cost and make it more exclusive they can remove a lot of demand for it as right now it’s seen as the equivalent to Pecks Bill for lunch and Tony’s for dinner.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
The food we had at BOG for dinner when we went a few years ago was entirely forgettable. All I remember was I ordered a beer and it felt good.

I'm all for a more expensive but better meal. I think the main problem they will run into is its still hard to shake the feeling of it being a huge cafeteria due to the layout.

And who cares about Le Cellier when yachtsman has better steaks and is only a short walk away.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I figured on a whim I got us a be our guest dinner for the 25th. My girlfriend has never been so we can try it one last time.

I haven’t eaten there since the first year it was open.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I was going to hop in last trip and ended up cancelling so I could manage our check out and such that morning. I had read that for dinner, they close down the West Wing because they use it as a second prep area, so capacity just drops in general every evening, plus their meal turns fall behind every day because people want to stay and look around for dinner service. That menu looks interesting, so maybe in a couple years I'll finally hit them up for dinner, I've only done breakfast and lunch there.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Anya posted:

I was going to hop in last trip and ended up cancelling so I could manage our check out and such that morning. I had read that for dinner, they close down the West Wing because they use it as a second prep area, so capacity just drops in general every evening, plus their meal turns fall behind every day because people want to stay and look around for dinner service. That menu looks interesting, so maybe in a couple years I'll finally hit them up for dinner, I've only done breakfast and lunch there.

Unless that's recent, we ate in the west wing for dinner.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
The other side is the one that shuts down for dinner, with the music box.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Cais posted:

The other side is the one that shuts down for dinner, with the music box.
Yeah, when we ate dinner at BOG in 2015 that whole wing (music box/ballroom?) was closed, although people were allowed to walk around and take pictures.

It's really weird that they're artificially limiting capacity at one of their most popular restaurants.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

WhiteHowler posted:

Yeah, when we ate dinner at BOG in 2015 that whole wing (music box/ballroom?) was closed, although people were allowed to walk around and take pictures.

It's really weird that they're artificially limiting capacity at one of their most popular restaurants.

It's not artificial. They close it to use for prep space during sit down dinner, they don't need the prep space for quick service breakfast and lunch. Like, they wouldn't close it if they didn't have to. As Brosephine said they are turning away hundreds of people a day and that's just the people asking for same day reservations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Went to BOG two weeks ago for lunch and was amazed at the number of people in line to request day-of reservations. It’s tough getting into many of Disneys restaurants without a reservation, but BOG is the most popular currently.

I think most people are just unaware of just how much planning ahead of time you need to complete for a Disney vacation. My coworker asked me about planning and advice since his family wants to go in the fall. He was amazed to hear that you need to book certain restaurants 180 days in advance and FP 60 days in advance for the popular rides.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

santanotreal posted:

Went to BOG two weeks ago for lunch and was amazed at the number of people in line to request day-of reservations. It’s tough getting into many of Disneys restaurants without a reservation, but BOG is the most popular currently.

I think most people are just unaware of just how much planning ahead of time you need to complete for a Disney vacation. My coworker asked me about planning and advice since his family wants to go in the fall. He was amazed to hear that you need to book certain restaurants 180 days in advance and FP 60 days in advance for the popular rides.

People should be amazed. It's pretty dumb that you need to book the rides you want to go on 60 days in advance.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dren posted:

People should be amazed. It's pretty dumb that you need to book the rides you want to go on 60 days in advance.

That's a pretty disingenuous way to frame it. You are free to wait in line for any attraction, none of them require a reservation. The dining reservation system is much more obtuse for people that don't understand how Disney works.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We're sort of the "Disney people" in our family and friends circle and many of them are shocked when I tell them to start planning a WDW trip 12 months in advance. Disneyland is much easier, no planning just show up and do your thing. WDW without a plan though, bad idea.

We've been planning our large extended family trip coming up in October since Nov 2016. Now not all of that is setting up Disney plans obviously, but yeah, it's a lot of work. It's helped we've toned down on the Table Service meals since we became DVC members. I think we're only doing 3 in October over 8 nights so things are more flexible.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

That's a pretty disingenuous way to frame it. You are free to wait in line for any attraction, none of them require a reservation. The dining reservation system is much more obtuse for people that don't understand how Disney works.

It's not entirely unfair. People I know who have gone without a plan have told me they hardly did any rides because of the lines. Imagine hearing that Flight of Passage is cool then naively showing up to AK and spending 4 hours in line. Sure, you're free to wait in the line but I doubt someone who waits in huge lines is having the good experience they expected and wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dren posted:

It's not entirely unfair. People I know who have gone without a plan have told me they hardly did any rides because of the lines.

Right, but that's their choice. Assuming they won't have to wait in long lines for the most popular attractions at the number one tourist destination in the world is just naivety on their part that can be easily fixed. I don't understand how people could spend so much on a vacation without the most basic research. I'd go as far as to say that Disney does a lot with the fast pass system to make sure that problem is minimized and it's the guests' responsibility to take advantage of it. You framed it as fastpass being the only way to ride the rides you want to, which is clearly not accurate and IMO not a fair representation.