Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In the upcoming solicits there's a one-shot closing out Aaron's (current) run on Thor. The description isn't 100% telling you Jane's fate (other than losing her Thoriness one way or the other, which you could probably guess) but you still might wanna skip reading it if you want to get everything from the comic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Quicksilver mini by Saladin Ahmed is cool

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

quote:

MOON KNIGHT BY LEMIRE & SMALLWOOD HC
Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Penciled by GREG SMALLWOOD, FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA, JAMES STOKOE & WILFREDO TORRES
Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
Collecting MOON KNIGHT (2016) #1-14.
320 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-91285-7
Trim size: oversized

If there's any recent Marvel series that deserves a fancy collection, it's this one! :stoked:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Roth posted:

Quicksilver mini by Saladin Ahmed is cool

Seems somewhat similar to Morrison's Flash idea where he can't slow down. I'll definitely get the trade.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh I absolutely don't give a poo poo about quicksilver but at least exiles looks like it'll be fun

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/966768589780017152

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I kinda wish they had more really crazy elements like cartoon wolverine on the team. Of course I'm still excited for it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh it should've been danni cage cap cuz she needs more exposure but I guess since she's future cap and not an au that doesn't work for exiles

site fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 22, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

Tbh it should've been danni cage cap cuz she needs more exposure but I guess since she's future cap and not an au that doesn't worth for exiles

That's never stopped them before.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

site posted:

Tbh I absolutely don't give a poo poo about quicksilver but at least exiles looks like it'll be fun

So sick of AU Captains America. When you can write literally any Marvel character with drat near any schtick/twist you want, everyone keeps going back to the well of "Captain America is this woman whom you already know in the 616".
Gimme Cyclops who never got brain damage and thus grew up less stodgy. Gimme a writer who realizes Mercury is still around and is basically a redhead T-1000. Gimme Squirrel Girl from the Cancerverse. And a planet where everybody is Madrox.

e: Which book was the one with Captain America being a woman who had no idea she was Cap; some kind of hypnosis was involved. I liked her. I seem to recall there was a cannibal spider-hybrid Black Widow, too. Her I liked less.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 22, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Diet Poison posted:

e: Which book was the one with Captain America being a woman who had no idea she was Cap; some kind of hypnosis was involved. I liked her. I seem to recall there was a cannibal spider-hybrid Black Widow, too. Her I liked less.

Secret Wars 2099 or some poo poo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

As I've said before I'm going through a few titles starting in the 60s. I've been reading Strange Tales for the Dr. Strange stories and I really like the art they've been doing, it's quite different.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

pubic works project posted:

Secret Wars 2099 or some poo poo

She was also in Spider-man 2099 following Secret Wars until the end of its run.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Where's Waldo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Diet Poison posted:

So sick of AU Captains America. When you can write literally any Marvel character with drat near any schtick/twist you want, everyone keeps going back to the well of "Captain America is this woman whom you already know in the 616".
Gimme Cyclops who never got brain damage and thus grew up less stodgy. Gimme a writer who realizes Mercury is still around and is basically a redhead T-1000. Gimme Squirrel Girl from the Cancerverse. And a planet where everybody is Madrox.
Captain America is a well received character in a major series of motion pictures, and is also easy to draw (america colors: roundel shield). Also, you can be Captain America without having any of those nasty, dirty "super powers."

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

site posted:

Where's Waldo

I count eleven Wolverines, not counting one each of Daken, Jimmy Hudson, and Laura Kinney. This is including "fighting Omega Red", "below Kate Bishop" and "to the right of Mojo", whom I'm not 100% sure are Wolverine or, at least, Logan/James Wolverine.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

site posted:

Where's Waldo

I GIS'd this to see if there was a bigger size and the automatic suggestion was "modern art."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

I like how they seem to be using the multiverse-hopping conceit to basically be able to use variants on the MCU versions of the characters that it would be unfeasible to have in 616.

Wonder if they might do something with Killmonger.

Diet Poison posted:

Man, you better not be throwing shade on Captain America Corps. (Everyone read Captain America Corps).

I don't honestly recall there being all that many alternate Caps in recent comics. Alternate Spider-Men, yes, Caps no.

Now I think about it, Web Warriors was almost that Exiles arc where they kept throwing a team of all Wolverines at a problem. A team of everyone with the same powers is pretty drat boring unless you do it right.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I GIS'd this to see if there was a bigger size and the automatic suggestion was "modern art."

I’m sure this is a poster and I’d like to have it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

It was solicited. Also the black Panther annual was awesome.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rubiks Pubes posted:

It is in fact a poster as well as a cover

quote:

WHERE’S WOLVERINE BY NAUCK POSTER

FOC 3/12/18, ON-SALE 4/18/2018
24×36…$8.99
5960605400-76121

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BC are saying retailers were told at the ComicsPRO summit that Captain America would relaunch on July 4th.
Their guess for writer is Ta-Nehisi Coates, but reportedly Marvel didn't mention creators.

And from the looks of the May solicits, Waid's spending the whole rest of his run in the future.

quote:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #701
MARK WAID (W)
LEONARDO ROMERO with JG JONES and ADAM HUGHES (A)
Cover by MICHAEL CHO
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO (1 OF 4)
DEADPOOL VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA
PROMISED LAND Part 1
The year is 2314, and the grandson of Steve Rogers lives in the utopian America of which his ancestor dreamed. The legacy of Captain America has been realized — but something sinister lies beneath the surface! Leonardo Romero (HAWKEYE) joins Mark Waid for this very special look into the tomorrow of Captain America, featuring guest contributions from notable artists past and present!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA #702
MARK WAID (W)
LEONARDO ROMERO with HOWARD CHAYKIN and CHRIS SPROUSE (A)
Cover by MICHAEL CHO
YOUNG GUN VARIANT COVER BY PEPE LARRAZ
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO (2 OF 4)
PROMISED LAND Part 2
The quest to save his son leads Jack Rogers into the bowels of the Earth, far from the idyllic surface — and a meeting with the descendant of another notable Marvel hero!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I enjoyed the last issue fine, but it's a bit of a waste of a run. Remember when it was advertised as Cap roaming small towns to earn back America's trust? That lasted a whole three issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 23, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Teenage Fansub posted:

BC are saying retailers were told at the ComicsPRO summit that Captain America would relaunch on July 4th.
Their guess for writer is Ta-Nehisi Coates, but reportedly Marvel didn't mention creators.

And from the looks of the May solicits, Waid's spending the whole rest of his run in the future.

I enjoyed the last issue fine, but it's a bit of a waste of a run. Remember when it was advertised as Cap roaming small towns to earn back America's trust? That lasted a whole three issues.

Hey, that's over half a run these days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think setting straight a future dystopia is a better use of Cap's time than roaming "Small Town America" like a reporter from the New York Times on a quest to learn the mind of a Trump voter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Excellent

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I think setting straight a future dystopia is a better use of Cap's time than roaming "Small Town America" like a reporter from the New York Times on a quest to learn the mind of a Trump voter.

I hated the first issue with the town that was literally in the middle of a Captain America Day celebration, but the next one with Steve saving a little community from Swordsman setting off a dam was such charmingly basic superheroing that I really could have used a whole year of stories like it.

edit: Speaking of...
https://twitter.com/ChrisSamnee/status/967053561371807744

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 23, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Apologies in advance for tweet chaining but thought it was worth sharing

https://twitter.com/jake_shapiro/status/966868371059785728
https://twitter.com/jake_shapiro/status/966869141914189825
https://twitter.com/jake_shapiro/status/966879990825459716

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
People aren't even allowed to take notes? That seems excessive.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno hasn't posted here in a bit. You think they got him and his "notes"? :tinfoil:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Secret Empire: the Retailer Conference

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Viridiant posted:

People aren't even allowed to take notes? That seems excessive.

He's getting married, like, tomorrow. Also congratulations Rhyno.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr. Maltose posted:

It would be like Marvel to ruin a wedding.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Watch out rhyno, she's a skrull

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh! Well, congrats to Rhyno.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

site posted:

don't talk that way about Consort-Emperor Rhyno and Empress Veranke

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Maltose posted:

Congrats, Rhyno! Still think you should have gone with a tasteful Pink Lantern outfit for the groomsmen and a Vartox costume for the groom instead of a non-Comics wedding!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

site posted:

And Rhyno has actually been a life model decoy for the last two years. The real Rhyno has been in a bunker reading every Superman book ever published. Some days he wonders what the LMD has been up to, but is confident he made the right choice.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

loving hell what is going on over there?

No we can't possibly let people know that The Thing is the new bearer of the reality stone, that poo poo is going to blow their primitive monkey-minds.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

Nice, congratulations Rhyno.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Cebulski excuse sounds like bullshit by the way. You don't need anything to leave China as a foreign national. He could be in detention and they're shaking him down for having the wrong visa but that excuse makes no sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks for all the well wishes (you guys are silly)!

And I have actually left my job at the comic shop so I don't quite have the same level of access to stuff anymore.

• Locked thread