Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Nah - I look after curators. They aren't good at the public. I look after the museum and the exhibits. A flash cleaner if you want, but I know a hell of a lot about fossils, egyptians, expressionism and odd poo poo. I'm the one you actually ask questions of and asks you to please not destroy that valuable stuff.
I am the bottom of the rung and the one who has pulled out dirty needles from various exhibits. Junkies are fuckers about where they leave their needles. Also literal crap on (too many) occasions. People will poo poo anywhere. I also find this baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

loquacius posted:

Heads up, I'm traveling and Google locked me out of the feshmail account :shepface:

Puppet master wins again. GIVE ‘TAX HIS TWITTER BACK YOU FUCKER! :gonk:

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

vdarknight posted:

Nah - I look after curators. They aren't good at the public. I look after the museum and the exhibits. A flash cleaner if you want, but I know a hell of a lot about fossils, egyptians, expressionism and odd poo poo. I'm the one you actually ask questions of and asks you to please not destroy that valuable stuff.
I am the bottom of the rung and the one who has pulled out dirty needles from various exhibits. Junkies are fuckers about where they leave their needles. Also literal crap on (too many) occasions. People will poo poo anywhere. I also find this baffling.

Poop where thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Able to get back in now, here's content :toot:

quote:

This one weekday evening, I was browsing at a video store for either a movie, or a game. I had been pretty sick for the previous few days with some stomach flu, and after laying around my apartment for all that time I was pretty board just hanging out alone. I hadn’t had to make a dash for for the toilet in the last few hours so I had guessed it was worth the risk to head out and find something to keep me entertained.

So I’m going down one aisle after another, not really seeing anything that catches my interest. The now familiar rumbling that warned me that my rear end in a top hat was about to explode starts up, and I begin to panic. There is no public restroom in this place, or at least I don’t think there is, and I am entirely to scared to ask an employee for help because I could poo poo myself at any moment. Looking around I see that there aren’t too many other people around, so I sort of just slink into the kids section and then start running scenarios in my head about how I am going to get out of this store, if I will ever be able to come back. I try to hold it back, but it is hopeless...

There is a rush of warm air, and that’s is it. A false alarm. I breathed a sigh of relief and decided that i had better just go home lest I tempt fate. That’s when the odor hits me. There might not have been any solid or liquid behind the pressure release, but the gas was awful. I had been making GBS threads constantly for a couple of days so at this point I was pretty used to it, but this was way worse. I round the corner and start heading out.

As I round the aisle I look back, and There is this mother and her kid on the other side of the rack from where I was when the blast occurred. She must not have noticed me, because she starts to sniff the air, turns to her kid, and just starts screaming at him for making GBS threads his pants. The kid is about 6 or 7 maybe? He screams back that he didn’t, so she smacks him. He then starts having a full on tantrum, flailing around and knocking stuff off the shelves. They just scream at each other. She calls him “loving baby” and he screams back that now he really is going to poo poo his pants. Other people in the store hear the commotion and head over to see what the hell is going on.

I felt awful, but also entirely too embarrassed to say “hey, don’t beat your kid, I farted, it wasn’t him” I slipped out of the store and stayed away for a few weeks. I am fairly certain if Someone is beating  the crap out of their kid because they think they poo poo their pants, it is hardly a good relationship in the first place. I still felt a little bad after it happened though.

Skipping one about the Pop Team Epic thread bc I don't know what that is

Here's a really long Tinder drama epic

quote:

Hello there, 20 year old goon here (shocking i know!). I've only come to terms with my homosexuality when I was 14, and I've never come out to anyone until much later. This added to my already bad social awkwardness (I've been browsing SA since I was like 13 lol), which meant no relationships at all. Reading about incels on SA has made me extremely worried I'd be one of them if not for the fact that incels seem virulently homophobic, although I may just as well become as bitter as them.

I've been using Tinder for a year now with little success (an okay amount of matches but conversations never seemed to go anywhere, or the dates I've met aren't as attractive as they appeared on the profile). But a few months ago while on a college break I've had incredible luck with an extremely cute match. He practically fell on my lap after I sent initiated by sending the first message: He pushed to get my number and started flirting with me HARD. I'd have thought him to be a catfish if not for the fact that I added him on Facebook and he had the same mutual friends as claimed on his Tinder profile.

His flirting game was, at least to me, extremely good. What turned from just another cute guy I matched with on Tinder to someone I fell for was with how much attention he gave me. After some intense texting we agreed to meet up for a date, and the first date went reasonably well. He seemed rather excited upon meeting me and I am surprised to see that he looks even better in real life than in the photos (and he's already rather good looking in them). And for an 18 year old, he seems to know a lot of nerdy stuff as well (not many 18 year olds know about IRC in TYOOL 2017!), and is also into retro-ish games like I am too! He's also fairly into computers as well and we share the same humour. At the end of the date, he asked if we wanted to kiss but I wanted to go for a hug instead. So we did the latter.

Shortly after he picked me up to go to his house. Me being a dumb virgin goon I had no idea we were actually going to do anything more intense than just cuddling and I jacked off the night before we met again. Even though I lied and said that this was not my first time (this was far from his first rodeo, apparently), I think I gave off enough hints that I was uncomfortable with actually getting hosed in the rear end that we did not progress to that. However, because I just jacked off the night before I had a hard time getting off this time around, and to make things more awkward after what seemed like forever he decided to just rub himself to cum on me, which I thought was rather strange but whatever, I don't know how this works. At the end of it all he told me to get my rear end ready, so I feel I may have disappointed him. But what really bothered me was the fact that he pointed out that we could not be together, due to the fact that I have to go back to college and we'd have a rather considerable distance between us while we were studying. I suggested we could just have a short fling instead and he seemed to agree.

We hung around and went around town for a while after that and generally had a good time, although he had to excuse himself for dinner with his family when I thought we had agreed to spend the whole day together. But I was generally rather happy with what happened so yeah sure I guess. We continued texting every day and he got more explicit with his flirts after that, complete with sending me more suggestive pics. I enjoyed it.

Things went down after a while though, as he came up with excuses for why we could not meet for subsequent dates. Eventually when we did settle on a date, he stood me up and claimed he overslept. So I basically just ignored him for a few days while I collected my thoughts on the situation. When I got back to him he was all pissy and I notice he had already unmatched me on Tinder (I saw his profile again while swiping). We were at a stage where we were taking days to reply. Eventually I got fed up with it all and asked him directly about what was up, and after a few days he apologized to me and said he wanted to distance himself because he knew we'd never be together. So we bid each other farewell and that was that.

Except I found his instagram profile, and even though I don't really use much social media, I knew how to "stalk" I guess? Dude seems pretty popular, with over a thousand followers and they all seem to like his photos pretty regularly. While I was looking through pictures of him being cute I stumbled onto a comment made about two months before I met my date that seemed to be left by an ex (we talked about his exes for a very brief moment, and the comments were extremely explicit and love-y). I clicked through and he turned out to be another dude studying at my college (we matched on Tinder as well, surprise???). Then it struck me: I thought his ex looked very much like me.

Anyway I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I can't help but think I've just been used as a surrogate for his ex. That would explain why he was so affectionate towards me so quickly and made me fall for him but also broke it off just as soon. Right now I'm feeling rather crushed and I've not really been talking to any of my matches on Tinder anymore, pretty much ignoring them after a few messages.

Sorry I just wanted to vent, and the thread seemed rather slow moving rn so I thought why not just fill it with some manbaby diarrhoea. I'm aware this reads exactly like any other teenage romance screed except I'm twenty years old and am apparently really immature romantically, but drat it feels good to write about it I guess (even if it's not good to read)!

Maybe I should ignore 18 year olds.

Yeah honestly it doesn't sound like the sexual chemistry was that great which especially for a relationship between an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old can easily be enough to sink it. This stuff happens. :shrug: If I were you I'd be a bit more upfront about your level of experience next time to find someone who can ease you into things more slowly.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

loquacius posted:

Able to get back in now, here's content :toot:
Wait, there are video stores in 2018?

quote:

Yeah honestly it doesn't sound like the sexual chemistry was that great which especially for a relationship between an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old can easily be enough to sink it. This stuff happens. :shrug: If I were you I'd be a bit more upfront about your level of experience next time to find someone who can ease you into things more slowly.
I can totally believe the author of this is 20 years old because he (a) believes he should be beyond "teenage romance" (hint: nothing magical happens to your brain when you hit 20 or any other age), and (b) thinks he's so behind the curve as a 20 year old virgin, or as someone who "only" realized he was gay at 14, that he's afraid of becoming an incel.

Sounds like something wasn't right between the two of you, and the other dude broke it off. That's all that happened. It happens a lot when you date someone new. The whole business with his ex isn't relevant.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I think another pretty big issue is that, at 20, he has a hard time coming more than once in two days?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I think another pretty big issue is that, at 20, he has a hard time coming more than once in two days?

Yeah I didn't wanna sound judgey about this but

At 20 that's usually not an issue

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Well, he is a goon so we can’t rule out obesity-induced dick trouble.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
IRC still exists? I thought that was something grandpa used, to complain about the price of hair tonic or something.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

loquacius posted:

Yeah I didn't wanna sound judgey about this but

At 20 that's usually not an issue

Seriously, I'm well past 20 and I yanked it five times in one day (spaced throughout the day) a few weeks back.
When I was 20 I wouldv'e had it back up in minutes.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Stream chatrooms are literally IRC channels with witchcraft used.

How I know this: https://www.xsplit.com/blog/twitch-hitbox-chat-viewer-available-in-xsplit-broadcaster

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Incoherence posted:

Wait, there are video stores in 2018?

I've seen them in upper middle class neighborhoods and town with a large retired community.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Anne Whateley posted:

That doesn't seem that weird to me? Like it's definitely tenth percentile or whatever (actually I have no idea of the distribution maybe it's even less common than that) but I figure dude's inexperienced and maybe doesn't have much of a sex drive. It's not what I first picked out from that story, at least.

Am I just the weird one for not finding that strange enough to be noteworthy?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If you only feel like jerking off every two days, that's maybe a little unusual but not concerning. If you do want to do sexual stuff and you're in a sexy situation, but you're like "welp, I want to but I physically can't because I did it yesterday," that's unusual and maybe time to see a doctor. Like refractory periods in healthy young people are not 24+ hours.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah that's definitely go to the doctor territory.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

RCarr posted:

Yeah that's definitely go to the doctor territory.

Do they have Dr's that specialize in Incels?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

DandyLion posted:

Do they have Dr's that specialize in Incels?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
That sounds more like anxiety to me. Judging from the post, this was a big deal for him, and that kind of pressure can make it hard to get hard or release pressure.

If he's 20 and can't jack off alone more than once every X days, then, yeah, see a doctor, dude.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He specifically said "because I jacked off the night before, I had a hard time getting off this time."

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

RCarr posted:

He specifically said "because I jacked off the night before, I had a hard time getting off this time."

Given the virginity and tone of the confession, it was probably just anxiety and this was his internal excuse. :geno:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:allears:

quote:

I used to be a pretty popular poster on these forums, back in the day. Sadly, I’ve been banned for thought crimes against current SA God -the Democratic Party.

So here my confession. I’m a gun owner. The current boogeyman of SA and the media in general.

I own 8 guns and go shooting at least once a month. I am also not a crazy person and don’t intend to kill anyone. If you think I don’t “deserve” a gun, then you can gently caress right off.

Every time I go out I assess the situation. I look for people of interest and do a visual scan of the building I’m in. Within 30 seconds I’ve determined the optimum escape route, potential shooters or terrorists, and who i could count on in a firefight. Guess what? It’s never the Democrats in the room.

Im the person you want protecting you, despite being demonized by the left. I can fire a shot and take out an active shooter before you can tweet “help me Obama” or whatever bullshit anti-Trump rhetoric you want to spew.

You want to ban guns? Try living my life for 24 hours and tell me I can’t have a gun and don’t need an assault rifle. I’ll live your life and, after I finish my 6 dollar coffee and avocado toast, maybe I’ll put on my pussy hat and go worship Bernie Sanders. You loving fools are so disconnected from normal life, you have no idea.

The midterms are coming hard, and the red wave is gonna destroy you. You’ll never see a gun ban because adults will be running things, not dumb kids who think guns are evil.

This poo poo has gotta be satire, I'm sorry for failing to suspend my disbelief this time but this rant didn't even have an argument in it

What DO you need your assault rifle for, Anon? Besides funsies.

quote:

gently caress this is long.

At least one other poster knows my ghost story though I'm not sure if its ever been posted before, but I'm not particularly concerned with anyone figuring out who I am.

Ok, so it was 2006 and I was a junior in college. I lived in an efficiency apartment, with 7 other units in our little breezeway; mine and three others on the ground floor. We mostly all hung out in the breezeway area pretty regularly - we had cribbed some couches from the dumpster (yeah, college) and would smoke cigarettes, drink, play music and generally got to know most of each other pretty well. Before you start to guess, No drugs; I've never done drugs, no one else ever brought them around, it just wasn't something we did.

A few months into our conglomerate was the first time something happened that we couldn't explain. Three of us, me, the guy across from me, and the guy on the end, were home in the mid-afternoon, and I had just lit up a cigarette. "Mike" was my best friend at the time. Geography major, going for phd or something after undergrad, built his own gaming 'flight chair' to play Ace Squadron with. We had been hanging out when his total whip of a girlfriend called, and he "had to take this" so he went in his apartment across from mine, shut the front door, and went back to his room to talk. His bedroom window was about ten feet from my chair, and we heard him shut the bedroom door and start talking.

After ten minutes or so we got annoyed that he was being a bitch, and discussed going in to gently caress with him (yeah, college). He's still in the bedroom talking, so I said, "Ok, fucker" and got up to go in his apartment. I reached for the door knob, and turned out that he had been standing at the door looking through the peep hole, and right as I reached for the knob he dead-bolted the door from inside. I heard the click, the other guy heard the click, and we looked at each other like, "that rear end in a top hat?!" - so I turned the handle and pushed; confirmed it was dead-bolted. I said, "that son of a bitch just locked us out!" I called, "you pussy!" to his bedroom window, and he called back, "yeah, yeah!" Which meant he had never left the bedroom. It didn't really dawn on us until he came back out a few minutes later, and stopped as asked us which one of us had locked his door. We said, "you locked the door?" he said, "no, I didn't - I was in the bedroom."

It was really just confusing at the time. We spent, and I poo poo you not, an hour trying to figure out how the latch could have fallen over, or how maybe the door was only partly shut, and trying to recreate the noise that we both heard from outside the door. We confirmed the sound, over and over.  It was the deadbolt - not spring-loaded. He did the deadbolt from inside and that was the sound. Except he was in his bedroom when the door was dead-bolted, and no one was standing inside the door to his apartment.

We relayed that story to some of the other members of our little club over time, and a couple of them had similar stories; one guy who's bathroom door would shut itself in the night, but that was probably the A/C kicking on and the air pressure closing the door, etc. One guy was clearly making poo poo up because he wanted to fit in, but hey. There was one guy who lived right above me, but he sort of refused to interact with us (probably because we were loud assholes, yeah, college) but when we asked if weird things ever happened in his apartment that he couldn't explain, we did get a "yeah... sometimes."

That was the first time something weird happened, but the order of things after that is mixed up in my head. The next thing I think that happened in my apartment started with a hosed up, lucid dream I had. This weird uncle (not real) I knew who's name I had taken from some book I read, came to my door in the middle of the night, and said he needed to come in. He sat on my bed, and told me he had killed his wife and kid, which stunned me.  Then I sort of casually-not-so-casually looked down and realized there was a gun in his hand. I've only had a couple of those really lucid dreams in my life, and if you have, you know what its like - everything is 100% real, and you can appreciate the consequences of everything, and you can see not only whats happening, but how it will affect the rest of your life. Well in the dream, Uncle starts to get agitated so I think, "I need to get the gun away from him."  I go for it, and start to struggle with the uncle and his gun,

and it went off - through his mouth, blew the back of his loving head off, all over my bead. I remember feeling stunned, brought to a complete mental halt by the situation. Its weird, but I remember thinking, "his brains are all over my bed and my wall... what do I do about that, how am I going to clean that out?"

Then he sat back up, half a goddamn head, and started to talk.  This goopy, half coherent speech, sort of looking around, still bleeding.  I see the gun still in his hand. Then BANG - I woke up to the sound of something heavy, slamming loudly, from my bathroom. I smashed on the lights on, and went in. It was just the shampoo bottle - that cheap, purple pantene stuff from Wal-mart - on the floor of the shower/tub. It took me a second to process the fact that it had been sitting in the hanging holder, with the railing, that hooks onto the shower head. All at once, it dawned on me that it wasn't possible for it to have 'just fallen.' Something picked it up out of the hanger and dropped it. You kind of struggle with impossible, when it first hits you.  Like, "no, no, It can't be that because thats not possible.  Its not anything else either, obviously, but it can't be that, so its not.  This is probably around 2 or 3 am, and now I'm loving terrified so I just turned on all the lights and played Xbox until morning.

The door dead bolt thing was like an ice breaker. When the stories started to come out, and got weirder and weirder, Mike once recounted a night spent on his couch after a fight with his girlfriend or staying up all night playing video games. He said he'd gotten up and decided to go sleep on the couch, so he took a pillow and used the throw blanket that stays on the couch to cover up. Just starting to fall to sleep, the blanket started to slide off of him so he went to re-position it, but stopped, because the blanket wasn't sliding to the side, onto the floor. It was sliding down towards his feet - it was being pulled off the couch from the opposite end. As he tells it, he froze for a few seconds, but it seemed like minutes, but the blanket kept moving.

When it reached his stomach, he says, "So I couldn't take it anymore and grabbed for the blanket, but as I reached, it started moving a little faster. I grabbed it at my waist, and the feeling twisted my stomach, like made me feel sick because I felt it pulling on the other end. Just a little bit, like I was pulling something free from velcro or something, and then I unfroze and flipped out and rolled off the couch and turned on all the lights. Did not go back to sleep."

There was a night where I had another lucid dream, though I don't know if/how its related. For context, I took Chantix about 5 years ago to quit smoking, and I had another of these weird rear end, hyper-real lucid dreams, but other than that, I've never had them except when living in that apartment. The details of the dream aren't that important compared to the next morning. The gist was that a girl I was in (sort of) a relationship with came over, we decided to live together, something happened elsewhere in her life, and she left. The next morning, the guy to my left, "Thomas", came out to share some coffee and a smoke, and since he knew most of my business I started to tell him about the dream. Halfway through, he stops me and asks, "and then her mom died and she had to leave?" I was like, "...no, her sister, but yeah?" Thomas says, "I had the exact same dream last night about my girlfriend last night..."

We sat there for a few minutes, really taken aback - trying to sort out when the last time we talked about something like this was, that maybe triggered the dream.  And then "John" from upstairs comes out to join us. John was older, and did brain science stuff for a phd program at my school. We told him we had the same dream that night, and he replied, "was it the one where your significant other comes over, family dies, they leave?" We're like, "Dude, what the gently caress?
 Yeah, what does that mean? how did you know?" He said, "I don't know what it means, but I had the same dream too."

He was totally non-plussed, he thought it was completely understandable for groups to have communal dreams, but we were freaked the gently caress out. If nothing else it was a really neat experience.

One night I remember staring at my rocking chair from my bed (efficiency apartment, basically just one, semi-big room) and thinking the shadows looked like someone sitting in it. I didn't immediately think of the ghost or anything, just sort of running things over in my head. Then whatever was sitting in the chair stood up, the rocking chair leaned forward slightly from the change in weight, and wasn't there anymore, and the rocking chair fell back. I slammed on the light, and watched intently as it slowly rocked back and forth until it came to rest. Lights on, no more sleep that night.

One night it pulled my bag of lacrosse gear down from my closet, waking me up. The guy on the end of the hall said it knocked pictures off his dresser sometimes. Mike said he saw someone sitting at his kitchen table in the middle of the night. Lots of little things that would otherwise be nothing at all now seemed related. Thats part of what makes these stories so weird is that littered throughout them, you can see examples of where things that would otherwise have a benign explanation take on fantastic subtext. But its also part of what highlights the things you absolutely can't explain - if you hear 5 things, and can say with at least some certainty that 4 of them are bullshit, then what does your brain do with the 5th?

The most terrifying experience of my life happened somewhere in the middle of all this. It was night time again, and I usually went to bed around 1:00. So you understand the geometry, my bed was a queen-sized mattress, pushed into the far corner of the sleeping area. On the left-hand side of the bed is a night stand, with a push button that turns on the lamp. The bathroom door is at the foot of the bed.

I laid on my right side, facing the table, lights out, ready for sleep. My cat would usually jump into bed right after me, and lay down next to me. I feel the light pressure of the cat jump onto the foot of the bed, behind my ankles, and then immediately realize my cat didn't come with me to college up here.  All in the span of maybe 5 seconds, the realization dawns on me, the weight at the foot of the bed gets more substantial, and first one, then two new depressions start to form at my back.  My eyes go wide, my heart jumps up into my loving throat, and I absolutely freeze as whoever it is begins moving up the bed, and lays down right behind me.  I can't hear or see or feel anything different, but the mattress is depressed behind me with the full weight of another, smaller person. I'll never loving forget the feeling. I was absolutely terrified, completely frozen except, and holy poo poo, I had to like slowly slowly turn my body and lean my top (left) leg out slowly to keep from rolling back into whatever was in bed behind me.  I was frozen - not paralyzed - but held myself motionless with fear and anxiety that if I didn't keep my leg and shoulder held out slightly in front of me, I would lean back into whatever was in bed behind me. It didn't move, I didn't move. I just sat there for what I think was probably 3-4 minutes, but it really did feel like 30.

I remember taking two (less) shallow breaths, and mustering like, not courage but something like resignation, like, "ok, gently caress, you have to do something." At the same time, three things started to happen. First, in my head I decided to roll out of bed and hit the light button on the night stand. Second, I started to slowly lift my left arm to kind of position myself for the motion, and third it noticed and loving SAT UP. the pressure moved from a long form along my back, to a deeper depression behind my hips, and as I started to roll, it like moved off the foot of the bed. I slapped the light button and rolled into the corner on the floor away from the bed, looking back and I see

Absolutely nothing.

I turned on all the lights, opened all the windows, and stayed out in the breezeway the rest of the night, into the morning smoking and drinking coffee. "Paralyzed with fear" is not an expression, is an accurate description of a state of being, and I know what it feels like.

Nothing like these things had ever happened to me before, and nothing since. I revisited the breezeway and it was mentioned in passing to the couple living in my apartment that we thought a ghost lived there, and they both said (either to fit in, or to confirm their suspicions) that they had some weird experiences. Over time, we all sort of developed a theory and motivations for "the ghost", i.e. it was a woman, it was jealous and/or lonely, etc. I did later discover that in 1999 an elderly woman had, in fact, lived in my unit and died, though we don't know if she died there or at the hospital, so that helps with the legend. Its possible to explain away a lot of what happened as people making up stories, or random acts of physics - just not everything.

It's probably fair to say, "no, I don't believe in ghosts. I just know that I lived a series of inexplicable events that were shared amongst a group in proximity, and we called those experiences, collectively, a Ghost." I just believe in what happened to me and some of what happened to my friends. I know that the things I experienced weren't drug or alcohol induced, and they weren't from fatigue or a dream (except for the dream parts) and even if I was wrong about that, I definitely didn't dream things moving or falling that actually moved or fell, or the things other people saw happening at the same time I did. So, I don't have an explanation for them. I know these things didn't happen to me anywhere else in the world, or at any other time in my life. It was just that place.

So, there is my ghost story.

I don't get the initial incident -- the guy's bedroom was inside his apartment, right, so he could easily have deadbolted his door himself and then made something up because he was mad you were giving him poo poo for talking to his girlfriend. The rest of the stuff could have been sleep paralysis or something similar; once when I was a kid I was 100% sure I'd seen a UFO out my bedroom window but it was probably just that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bleeding hear liberals who trust the literal facists in power confuse me.
Yeah sure I’ll advocate to give up my guns so ICE can deport me safely even though I’m a 3rd generation (brown)immigrant.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Bleeding hear liberals who trust the literal facists in power confuse me.
Yeah sure I’ll advocate to give up my guns so ICE can deport me safely even though I’m a 3rd generation (brown)immigrant.

The idea that armed civilians would be any use at all against the American military or militarized police is a right-wing fantasy

Like, I understand the sentiment, but for you to actually survive opening fire on the cops for any reason, the first world would need to pretty much entirely collapse

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Guns will save me from the fascist government" says the guy who elected a fascist government

Also the police are perfectly fine sending mechanized infantry against unarmed protesters, some dork with an assault rifle isn't going to be anything but an excuse to militarized the police further

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I laugh at the retards who think they'll be able to do all sorts of Jason Bourne/Jack Bauer poo poo in the event of a terrorist attack. Like fam you are going to get shot the gently caress up if you even try. Or you're just going to freeze up and poo poo your pants because the real thing is a lot different than your in-mind scenarios.

Also big fat LOL at anyone who thinks they'll be able to take down the government with a militia. You'll just get lit the gently caress up by some nerd in a bunker in Virginia.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Good guy with gun please let us know who you are I want to jerk you off harder than you jerked yourself off

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Audax posted:

Good guy with gun please let us know who you are I want to jerk you off harder than you jerked yourself off

Finally, the discussion can get back to proper gun handling.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah better to just go Full China.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Thank you, ghost fesh guy, for including the words ghost story in the first two lines so I could scroll past it at light speed. Your consideration is appreciated.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

loquacius posted:

The idea that armed civilians would be any use at all against the American military or militarized police is a right-wing fantasy

Like, I understand the sentiment, but for you to actually survive opening fire on the cops for any reason, the first world would need to pretty much entirely collapse

I was at Oka and would like to know what about it was right wing or a fantasy. We protected our land and changed history just a little bit. First Nations rights in Canada would not be where they are today and probably would not even be called that if it weren't for those events, and they would not have been possible without guns and more importantly strong bonds within a community. Both of which I do believe the government is trying to take away from us.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

420 SWAGLORD posted:

I was at Oka and would like to know what about it was right wing or a fantasy. We protected our land and changed history just a little bit. First Nations rights in Canada would not be where they are today and probably would not even be called that if it weren't for those events, and they would not have been possible without guns and more importantly strong bonds within a community. Both of which I do believe the government is trying to take away from us.

I’ll just beat them to the punch and ask you what life is like with a small penis.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A standoff between a First Nations tribe and Canada is kind of a different animal than a standoff between a singular goon and the USA

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

A standoff between a First Nations tribe and Canada is kind of a different animal than a standoff between a singular goon and the USA

You're right, the US government is much more bloodthirsty. Congratulations, I guess.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gu- https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a8f46a2e4b01e9e56b9d8f9

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

420 SWAGLORD posted:

That was Canada in 1990. Do you think any of this would happen in the US in 2018? After Standing Rock?

quote:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police were deployed on August 14. They were prohibited from using force

quote:

Despite high tensions between the two sides, no shots were exchanged.

quote:

The soldiers turned a water hose on this man, but it lacked enough pressure to disperse the crowd surrounding him. This crowd taunted the soldiers and began throwing water balloons at them, but the incident did not escalate further.
Everybody involved would get dronemurdered immediately.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

420 SWAGLORD posted:

It's laughable that you are even trying to compare this to modern day USA.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

420 SWAGLORD posted:

hell, i'm there right now :quebec:

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Gun fesh was actually a pretty great argument for gun control - no guns = no more people like this

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

wasn't there a standoff between some rednecks in Oregon who didn't pay taxes and the county government like a year or two ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Soldiers are people too, and while "round up your unarmed peers and throw them in jail real quick" is already somewhat unpalatable I think/hope "hunt/be hunted by your high school teacher and the guy from the dispensary for months" is just not gonna fly

loquacius posted:

loquacius posted:

What if that goon believed in something more important than his own life and collaborated with those who shared his beliefs (a tribe of sorts if you will)? There was only one casualty during the whole event I'm talking about, this isn't 'Deadliest Warrior: SWAT team vs. Goonsquad' although I'd watch the hell out of that.

To be clear, fesh that started this is fake as hell and a gross-rear end strawman caricature. What I'm saying is basically the only thing worse than that kind of destructive power in the hands of every citizen is that sort of destructive power monopolized by the state. Second amendment reference! Founding father quotes supporting revolution!

Anne Whateley posted:

That was Canada in 1990. Do you think any of this would happen in the US in 2018? After Standing Rock?

Everybody involved would get dronemurdered immediately.

Best informed answer I got. All I really have to say to that is that some of the hardest things in life are the most worthwhile, and the path of least resistance doesn't lead anywhere good. I'd be more worried about a vast propaganda machine subverting any potential movement (sup Standing Rock) so precisely in the social media era, and think things are so far gone that getting publicly dronestriked would be a kind of victory