Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MiddleOne posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance || "a realistic RPG"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdlHwzrNb_w

:ck5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The best melee weapon is a bow. Arrow-To-The-Face-Technique can't be blocked, and works just fine at point-blank range.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

Actual good mods? Untested, just browsing.
Coloured arrow fletching

Are you sure colored arrows are historically accurate? Maybe places like Prague which is a cosmopolitan city would have them, but such a remote place as Bohimia wouldn't.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Lone Badger posted:

The best melee weapon is a bow. Arrow-To-The-Face-Technique can't be blocked, and works just fine at point-blank range.

Likewise the best stealth method is the Point-Blank-Arrow-To-Cranium-Technique.

ughhhh posted:

Are you sure colored arrows are historically accurate? Maybe places like Prague which is a cosmopolitan city would have them, but such a remote place as Bohimia wouldn't.

yes

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Kind of hilarious glitch: if you take your roe deer meat and kidneys to the cooking fire outside the Huntsman's house in Rattay, and cook the meat, and then the kidneys one by one, the game for some reason swaps them in inventory. So put 56 meat and 2 kidneys in and you get 2 meat and 56 kidneys out, which makes each roe deer worth ~600g.

:homebrew:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I see /r/atheism has made a mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/164

Mod title: "Strike down god"
Description: "Literally replaces the in game subtitles of God, Jesus, and Jesus Christ to the Invisible Sky Wizard, Beezlebub, and Anti-Christ. "

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Runt should've invested in a helmet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Diogines posted:

I see /r/atheism has made a mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/164

Mod title: "Strike down god"
Description: "Literally replaces the in game subtitles of God, Jesus, and Jesus Christ to the Invisible Sky Wizard, Beezlebub, and Anti-Christ. "

how would one say "there is nothing too stupid to exist" in latin

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

precision posted:

how would one say "there is nothing too stupid to exist" in latin
Stultus Quoque Ut Ibi Nihil Est.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why does the Warhorse helmet have to have that stupid floating headband in cut scenes and have to be the best helmet? Any suggestions for a good looking helmet that’s almost as good?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I don't know how it compares statwise but I like the Italian Bascinet.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why does the Warhorse helmet have to have that stupid floating headband in cut scenes and have to be the best helmet?

This game in general has either a shitton of floating issues or a shitton of clipping issues when it comes to armor. If you're trying to look cool you're going to have a lot less of an armor rating than otherwise.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah body plate always clips through outer garments weirdly, but I haven't run into too many other problems. Other than fashionable hats turning into a halo during cutscenes.

About The Die is Cast: The game has been pretty decent about accepting unorthodox solutions to quests, but I'm pretty miffed that after leaving the camp Nobody makes any mention of the fact that I slaughtered like thirty guys in there and got my gear back before escaping. Henry still says he has no money, Radzig offers free gear from bernard and the cutscenes all show you in a dirty blouse or in pleb armor. Annoying. Likewise in Night Raid, Ok so its a no-win mission, but I left a pile of corpses on the battlements that was so high my head bumped into the ceiling when I walked over them...shouldn't that count for something

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They'd be dumb as hell to not go full bioware and sell like fifteen new DLC's at this point. They even have the ready-made excuse of "hey, small studio, first game."

I'm having to remind myself that this is Witcher 1 for them, not Witcher 3.

Doing this if they haven't done any pre-production would be silly though. Most DLCs have at least "pre-production" being done before release because you actually do need to plan out dialogue/areas before sending in the artists/level designers and start spending money on development.

It's really hard to "add in" extra DLCs randomly unless you plan on having people working on the game 2 years after release when you should really be working on Kingdom Come 2 at that point. They probably have a realistic DLC schedule they'll go through and that'll be that, and they'll bank their millions and make Witcher 2 the noticeably less poverty stricken sequel.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Is there anyway to train weapons with taking damage to armor?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strip naked first?

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Strip naked first?

Okay. I wasn't sure if there was a dialog option that I was missing.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

this game looks like medieval red dead

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

accipter posted:

Is there anyway to train weapons with taking damage to armor?

Train with practice weapons.

Tercio posted:

this game looks like medieval red dead

Rockstar has a tighter gameplay loop...the emphasis is on the RPG: think of the Skyrim mods that make you an NPC.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You still take some armor damage, just not much.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Can I delay The Hunt Begins? I'm being railroaded and just want to explore a little, but when I walk 10 feet away I fail the quest. How long will they wait in Neurof for me?

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The Lone Badger posted:

You still take some armor damage, just not much.

When I train with a practice mace, I leave the training session with 10% health and armor at like 70%.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

precision posted:

That could certainly be cool but I can hear the screams of "tokenism" already. Vavra just can't win with certain people who have already, without playing the game, made up their minds on this.

Wait aren't you the same person who accused George RR Martin of being a right wing racist with literally no evidence to support such a claim in this very thread?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mondian posted:

Yeah body plate always clips through outer garments weirdly, but I haven't run into too many other problems. Other than fashionable hats turning into a halo during cutscenes.

About The Die is Cast: The game has been pretty decent about accepting unorthodox solutions to quests, but I'm pretty miffed that after leaving the camp Nobody makes any mention of the fact that I slaughtered like thirty guys in there and got my gear back before escaping. Henry still says he has no money, Radzig offers free gear from bernard and the cutscenes all show you in a dirty blouse or in pleb armor. Annoying. Likewise in Night Raid, Ok so its a no-win mission, but I left a pile of corpses on the battlements that was so high my head bumped into the ceiling when I walked over them...shouldn't that count for something

The ending missions are just really rushed, the cutscenes later that render with default armor/gear are also disappointing after seeing them done so much better throughout the earlier game :(

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 23, 2018

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Has anyone figured out what the physics settings do and what it effects? I cant really tell the difference but ive been playing on high and only breifly tried medium. Kinda worried if i turn it down it would be more janky.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Unzip and Attack posted:

Wait aren't you the same person who accused George RR Martin of being a right wing racist with literally no evidence to support such a claim in this very thread?

Well I think you know you can look for yourself. I did speak poorly though, yes, I was wrong in saying he was right-wing and "probably racist". People make mistakes, especially when shitposting. I think the difference is that I haven't seen anyone admit they're wrong about this game or Vavra. I admit when I'm an idiot, which I am, often.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Someone please make a mod that just skips Needle in a Haystack

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Guys, I may have repeatedly called a man racist for no reason and was immediately proven wrong, but I know in my heart of hearts that the facist who loves to give interviews to Breitbart is definitely not a racist. Maybe you people have some growing up to do.

Buschmaki posted:

Someone please make a mod that just skips Needle in a Haystack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgiaRcL8U7w

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
A million copies sold

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/21/kingdom-come-deliverance-one-million-sold/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe now Bethesda will finally stop making bad open-world games and instead actually try this time around?

They won't

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Has anyone modded in some p90s or whatever since its cryengine so we can stargate these medieval fucks.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

hakimashou posted:

Has anyone modded in some p90s or whatever since its cryengine so we can stargate these medieval fucks.

There's a bow that shoots swords... :shrug:

MiddleOne posted:

Maybe now Bethesda will finally stop making bad open-world games and instead actually try this time around?

They won't

Yeah, I wonder if Bethsoft will rework some ideas for TES6 and un-dumb-down the mechanics to the level of TES3 or at least 4?

They won't

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I like how when Nightingale yells at the beggar for begging in the wrong place, he says "it's not like the rules aren't clear, beggars belong at the church" and there are two churches and the beggar is at the wrong one.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I like how when Nightingale yells at the beggar for begging in the wrong place, he says "it's not like the rules aren't clear, beggars belong at the church" and there are two churches and the beggar is at the wrong one.

A.G.A.B.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

I mean, he also then chastises two dudes for drinking on the job, so that they don't see him immediately spend the next 5 hours playing dice and drinking in the tavern...

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Coldforge posted:

Whatever is in a ps4. They’re just broken quests, nothing to do with hardware.

The entire monastery infiltration quest is bugged at several points. If you try to fast travel near Vranic once “the die is cast” begins, you’ll get stuck on the quest advancement warning screen with no way to clear it. The rocketeer quest is horribly bugged when you wait for the assassin (I had to wait three days after multiple reloaded saves for him to show up). The herbalist search the “the siege” is bugged, and no herbalist will actually give me the recipe despite saying they will. The night raid is riddled with buggy spawns. Etc.

They obviously started fixing and tuning the earlier missions firsts, and haven’t gotten to anything towards the end yet.

Edit: My absolute favorite bug is from “Sheep in Wolves Clothing”, which is not a main quest, but one you have to do before “die is cast.” Once you join up with Hare’s poachers, if you shoot and loot any wildlife while with them, they’ll turn hostile and attack you for stealing :laugh:

I'm with you, the last couple of quests have been absolutely terrible. Especially the monastery quest, it's not only very tedious, it's also bugged and badly designed. For example you can get a quest to steal some forbidden books with hidden knowledge, supposedly an alchemy recipe. But what if you already broke into the monastery and stole all their poo poo hours ago? Those forbidden books will now be locked away with your belongings. Which also all are marked as stolen should you use the key you can steal from the Prior to get outside and get your stuff back. There is also a quest to find some ripped out pages in the Monastery, I had already found 8/10 but they too we're locked away in that chest with my stuff so even if I wanted to do it correctly I couldn't.

It's obvious the end was rushed, many bugs and buggy/badly designed missions and it all falls apart with the the die is cast/needle in a haystack quests.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

TjyvTompa posted:

I'm with you, the last couple of quests have been absolutely terrible. Especially the monastery quest, it's not only very tedious, it's also bugged and badly designed. For example you can get a quest to steal some forbidden books with hidden knowledge, supposedly an alchemy recipe. But what if you already broke into the monastery and stole all their poo poo hours ago? Those forbidden books will now be locked away with your belongings. Which also all are marked as stolen should you use the key you can steal from the Prior to get outside and get your stuff back. There is also a quest to find some ripped out pages in the Monastery, I had already found 8/10 but they too we're locked away in that chest with my stuff so even if I wanted to do it correctly I couldn't.

It's obvious the end was rushed, many bugs and buggy/badly designed missions and it all falls apart with the the die is cast/needle in a haystack quests.

Maybe you shouldn't have been such a kleptomaniac :colbert:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How are you supposed to fight multiple people at once? The lock on system is really screwing with me and I inevitably get pummeled to death by 3 dudes cause I can't get the camera to focus on one long enough to take them out.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

I can't even find that in urban dictionary why are you taunting us white folk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Guys, I may have repeatedly called a man racist for no reason and was immediately proven wrong, but I know in my heart of hearts that the facist who loves to give interviews to Breitbart is definitely not a racist. Maybe you people have some growing up to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgiaRcL8U7w

Are you triggered into posting by the word racism or is it just your autism?