Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I got a continuing freelance job today in my field! It'll be a couple weeks of work at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I picked up some Jimmy Dean nuke-this-egg-and-meat-cup thing on a whim at the store because I was hungry, and I tried it today.

It tastes just enough like something my mom used to make every Christmas that I almost cried. It's not entirely the same, but I haven't had it since she passed (she never wrote it down, just some scratch meal she'd always make), but it was still awesome.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
the very nice lady i work with asked me out. we're having coffee after work tomorrow.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I recently got a car from a cool customer. He hadn't really dealt with the year or model before, I'm not a car guy, it was an '03 and I currently own an '88 that I'm trying to give to a co-worker, and I'm poor and price was right so I went with it. We both discovered soon after I got it that it was cursed and I'm bringing it back to him after two weeks and he's totally cool about it and is being very understanding and patient. Upon further research, 2002 through 2003 was a bad year for a 7-series. I'm glad the guy was nice about it and wasn't trying to take my bux.

funmanguy posted:

the very nice lady i work with asked me out. we're having coffee after work tomorrow.

cool! :coffeepal:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I woke up and remembered there was leftover pizza that my husband surprise ordered last night.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just realized it’s thursday and there’s a new 60 Days In! I’m working crazy hours so I have no idea what day it is usually so when I realize it’s a Thursday- happens every week- I am very excited.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The date with the pretty work lady went very well.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

funmanguy posted:

The date with the pretty work lady went very well.

and by 'very well' i mean we're married now

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My tax refund just came in. Also I'm off today after 3 12-hour days. Not waking up at 4 felt so good I almost cried.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

funmanguy posted:

I've been clean for 5 loving years.

It's not that difficult if you shower every day

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I just realized it’s thursday and there’s a new 60 Days In! I’m working crazy hours so I have no idea what day it is usually so when I realize it’s a Thursday- happens every week- I am very excited.
poo poo, did my DVR miss it?? :ohdear:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Hirayuki posted:

poo poo, did my DVR miss it?? :ohdear:

If you have an a&e app it’s on there. And I’m sure they’re gonna play it again so just check the a&e schedule.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

We Know Catheters posted:

It's not that difficult if you shower every day

You're not my mom.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
One of my coworkers found a laminated ORIGINAL poster from 1982 of Pink Floyd’s The Wall movie in the trash (along with some awesome chairs) and I took it and it’s amazing and I am so happy about it. He was gonna try and sell it but somehow he ended up giving it to me for free :shrug:

this thing is awesome

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A Discord bot I develop as a project of mine, which has taken up a lot of my time and effort lately and is the source of a lot of pride for me, got accepted into the largest server for the relevant community - in fact one of the largest full stop depending on how recently they've pruned users when you count.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I finished my daily quota of work in a reasonable amount of time, then celebrated/unwound by watching last week's 60 Days In, which had just been added to On Demand. (Thanks again!)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Through The Decade posted:

Almost exactly one year ago I decided to learn how to make electronic music despite having no instrument training. I released a big 30 minute mixtape that I think shows the progression in my thinking and workflow. I personally think I did a decent job which is nice, but it also isn’t getting poo poo on relentlessly on YouTube which is a fun bonus.

Out of curiosity, how did you start? I've dabbled throughout the years, but never developed any real proficiency, and I've yet to find any composing software that felt truly intuitive to me. (The best was a MIDI sequencer with a sheet music interface I used like 15 years ago, and I can't even remember what it was called.)

Thin Privilege posted:

One of my coworkers found a laminated ORIGINAL poster from 1982 of Pink Floyd’s The Wall movie in the trash (along with some awesome chairs) and I took it and it’s amazing and I am so happy about it. He was gonna try and sell it but somehow he ended up giving it to me for free :shrug:

this thing is awesome

Goddamn I'm jealous.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Astrofig posted:

My tax refund just came in. Also I'm off today after 3 12-hour days. Not waking up at 4 felt so good I almost cried.

That is the best.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The cancer thread I am drawing pictures for (to keep interest and on front page of GBS) hit his donation goal today.

I'm amazed at how much this website has improved my mental well-being.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I managed to get myself a job! :yotj: Taxi driver, to be specific.

Probably the easiest interview I've ever had too. Once I said why I was there, the conversation was basically "here's how we do things, is that acceptable?" I've never gone from 0 to hired that quickly before, it's a bit surreal.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I found out I’m getting a super important position at my job for the next 3 months, and if I do it well the area manager said I may be promoted. $$$. I’m scared as gently caress because I have low self esteem but the fact that they’re giving this to me shows that they trust me. But, I’m very scared that I’ll gently caress up. Regardless, this is really cool and it makes me have a lot of responsibility and that makes me feel good and like, proud. They chose me over many other people.

:words: summary: scared but proud.

I need to work my rear end off at this.

E: they chose me out of a lot of people, :feelsgood:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Mar 2, 2018

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I got a job offer from one of the four on-site job interviews I have this week. The same day of the interview, no less. One month ago, I was so utterly infuriated by the Office Space level bureaucracy and "H1B Visas no speak English none too good = miscommunication = broken poo poo = OUTAGES OH GOD HALP USSS OR ELSE MY BOSS WILL BEAT ME!" at my last job that I straight up walked off the job one day, then I started to look one week later. Not a bad turn around for the tank full of starving sharks that is the New York City market, at least in my experience.

I just hope I don't walk into yet another nightmare. :ohdear:

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Had my initial offer on a new townhouse accepted today and the most amazing it was for the list price.

This is after about 5 months if looking in the greater Seattle area and consistently losing to offers that were $50k to $100k over asking.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I took a gamble on an old 35mm camera from a unknown seller with a blurry rear end pitcture. It arrived today and is in phenomenal condition, and it came with a few things he didn't mention. Almost shot my first roll of film already!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I'm eating pizza, watching The Thick of It after a fairly easy day at work.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I saw a duck slipping on ice and falling on it's rear end. Can't help smiling thinking about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
At least one of the seeds in one of those "grow your own cactus / succulent" kits I bought germinated.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The place I worked at in Belize shared a photo I took there for their post about World Wildlife Day :3:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Ran an 18K obstacle course in 1h and 50min when I hoped to finish it around 2h 15min. Though I'm pretty banged up right now.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I watched the lego movie and played with legos for hours with my gf and her 8 year old son. it was loving awesome

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got a date with a woman I've had a serious thing for since I was basically 17. I haven't been nervous for a first date in decades, but I'm all antsy and couldn't sleep. The best part is she knew me back when I was a massive rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo, so I don't have to worry about her finding out about that part of my life. I really hope this works out.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

funmanguy posted:

I watched the lego movie and played with legos for hours with my gf and her 8 year old son. it was loving awesome

:3:

That’s pretty cute.

I just found out my application was approved and I’m now a licensed engineer, so I can finally get out of bumblefuck North Carolina!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got a date with a woman I've had a serious thing for since I was basically 17. I haven't been nervous for a first date in decades, but I'm all antsy and couldn't sleep. The best part is she knew me back when I was a massive rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo, so I don't have to worry about her finding out about that part of my life. I really hope this works out.

Hey, good luck!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Solice Kirsk posted:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, good luck!

Agreed, good luck!

———————

As for me, I remembered I got chipotle yesterday and it’s in my fridge and I am super excited to eat it.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It's 2am and I'm dead tired, but I feel like I accomplished a lot tonight. Made real progress on some personal and professional projects and even added another small chapter to a story I'm writing.

Best part is the feeling that I'm going to kick tomorrow's rear end!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My mum wished me a happy women's day :holy:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Today I learned about an expedition to relay snorkel the Northwest Passage and teach Inuit children marine biology and ROV building. I met and spoke with the expedition leader and I've decided to join the 2020 expedition.

Brace yourself bitches, I'm going snorkeling in the Canadian Arctic.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

omg. Post what happens please.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Picnic Princess posted:

Today I learned about an expedition to relay snorkel the Northwest Passage and teach Inuit children marine biology and ROV building. I met and spoke with the expedition leader and I've decided to join the 2020 expedition.

Brace yourself bitches, I'm going snorkeling in the Canadian Arctic.

omg. Post what happens please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'd just bought NieR: Automata for PC and was really looking forward to playing it, but it's too much for my basic graphics card even on the lowest settings. I didn't really want to spend ~$240 on what seemed like a pretty frivolous purchase for someone who's not a huge gamer, and the used markets are weird because of Bitcoin-mining and poo poo. So I was disappointed and resolved to wait for a deal when I learned about eBay's today-only coupon, 20 percent off (nearly) any order of $25 or more, with a $100 savings cap. I bought a brand-new better-than-rock-bottom entry-level card from Newegg and saved $48.

Share my joy! PSPRING20