Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Property Brothers: The Dead Files.

The crossover that will re-define television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm sure in reality it was just a dingy creepy house and the stuff about the little locked door etc was just added in to make it ~super spookier~, but my main problem with it is: why do people insist on using twitter to tell stories like that, and needing a reaction gif for pretty much everything. It seems like it would be more at home on tumblr.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Reaction gifs are like laugh tracks, they prompt people on how to respond.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I didn't know white women liked to buy cursed houses and black man had a cursed house detector.

TMYK

I recall Eddie Murphy doing a stand up about how white people in haunted house movies always seem to stick around as things get worse as opposed to just bolting straight out of the door the first time you turn on the shower and blood comes out instead of water.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

stdh: my eyes not glazing over trying to keep up with that giant run-on sentence

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: I sugar from time to time

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Katt posted:

I recall Eddie Murphy doing a stand up about how white people in haunted house movies always seem to stick around as things get worse as opposed to just bolting straight out of the door the first time you turn on the shower and blood comes out instead of water.

When people bolt out the front door the first time blood comes out of the shower head there usually isn't a movie.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

quote:

If you are playing the dating game, chances are you will have a date from hell. It's just part of dating jungle out there. You're going to meet some pretty strange and weird women.

One of the worst dates you can have is these women that flirt and come on to other guys while you are on a date. They are so full of themselves and love to be the center of attention. Nothing can be so rude and such a turn-off as your date throwing herself at other guys.

While we are on the subject of dates from hell, let me tell you about one of several of mine:

I met this really fine girl at the beach that had the best body I had ever seen in my life. I was just driving around on the beach in my Corvette with the T-tops off and this beautiful girl in a hot bikini flagged me down and said, "That's really a find Corvette, can I go for a ride in it?" Of course, I took her up on it.

We seemed to hit it off really well and she asked me if I could give her a ride home (she came to the beach with her brother in his car). She seemed a little drunk and later I found out that she was an alcoholic.

Anyway, we stopped by my place on the way to her apartment that late afternoon. It had been a very hot day and I looked in my backyard to check on my German Shepherd. He was lying there lifeless and his body was very warm. There had been a thunderstorm earlier in the day and I know from experience that when this happens he freaks out and paces back and forth endlessly. Also, he had turned over his water bowl and had no water. So apparently he had literally run himself to death in the heat with no water.

I rushed him to the vet and on the way the girl kept crying and giving my dog mouth-to-mouth resuscitation (can you imagine this?). It was too late and there was no hope for the dog and he died of a heat stroke.

To make a long story short, I dated her a couple of more times and she was always drunk and she confessed that she had a drinking problem. So, let me tell you what happened on our last date from hell:

I took her to a nice romantic Italian restaurant and then we took a helicopter tour of Houston, TX. Later that night we went to a nightclub. All she did all night was flirt and talk to other guys. I let her know I didn't appreciate it either. So, I finally got her to leave cause I couldn't take it anymore. We were on our way back to my house and she wanted to stop by the lake. So we were walking along the pier and insisted that she wanted to jump in the lake.

I told her not to jump in the lake because she was drunk and may drown. We argued back and forth and before I knew it she jumps in the lake with her clothes on. She swam out about 50 yards and then I saw her struggling and started going underwater. So, I had to jump in the lake to save her. There was another guy on the pier and he helped me bring her up on the pier. She was ok, thank God.

So, there we were both soak and wet and I was pissed. I took her home so she could put on some dry clothes. While I wasn't looking, she had taken some of my antidepressant prescription pills and passed out. She was like a corpse. I loaded her up in my jeep and took her back to her apartment. She slept all day and didn't show up for work.

I learned later that she was suicidal and that was the reason she jumped in the lake and took my pills. Needless to say, I never dated this mental case again.

So, the moral to this article is that there's a good chance that you will have a date from hell. Just chalk it up as experience and as the saying goes, "crap happens."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wait, what does the dog have to do with it? And how did a dog dehydrate to death in a few hours? Is he living on the sun?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

More death and drama.

(Not that it actually happened...)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What the poo poo, poor dog. Also what kinda antidepressant actually knocks you our.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

[Brings up topic]

Now while we're randomly on this topic,

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Haha she was crying and trying to save my dog, what a bimbo.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

For that matter, what does her flirting with other guys have to do with the story? It'd be just as bad if she was a suicidal pillhead drunk with no impulse control and a fine booty.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Mouth to mouth resuscitation for a dog, can you imagine?

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1677&aid=1604

Yeah, and so can a lot of other people who aren't incredibly sociopathic about the death of their pets.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

When you get big into the dating scene like I am, you meet a ton of weirdos. Like this one chick I met who was suicially depressed! What a nut! :byewhore:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My alcoholic aunt did that to her dog once where she just left it outside in the 95+ degree sun all day with no way for him to get back inside because she was passed out drunk at noon. If you know it's going to be really hot don't leave your dog trapped outside moron.

Anyway yeah the whole thing seems like a bunch of unrelated stories trying to portray her as some crazy bitch but he just comes off sounding like an rear end in a top hat.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
This is, no poo poo, the guy who wrote that dating story:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah I too take girls on dates who want rides in my Corvette as I immediately can tell upon their asking that they are date material. Also when someone has taken a bunch of my pills and has a near-drowning experience, who needs hospitals, I always just take them to their place to sleep it off because if they die I can't be held responsible for such an inconvenience.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

fish and chips and dip posted:

nice overalls, mario

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This trend of taking screenshots of Tumblr conversations & posting them on other social media platforms needs to die soon.

TheMostFrench posted:

Reaction gifs are like laugh tracks, they prompt people on how to respond.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Tumblr needs to die soon.

ftfy

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Katt posted:

"white people do dumb poo poo in horror movies" has been a cliche for a long time; I don't even remember where I originally heard the "black dude dies first despite being the only one with sense" cliche but that's a thing too. obviously the white people have to do dumb poo poo for the movie to happen, but the black dude being the one to go "y'all, this is loving stupid" and then dying horribly has to be intentional.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

fish and chips and dip posted:

The inimitable Seanbaby gives an overview of this guy's PUA writings and just how weird and terrible he is. The article includes a summary of the dog story.

quote:

That was quite an adventure, right? It's obviously -- OBVIOUSLY -- not true, but all good lies have elements of truth in them. So, Houston police, there's a really good chance Don is describing the time he killed his dog, drugged a woman, and threw her body in a lake. The only part of the story I 100 percent believe is that Don couldn't get laid even with the world's sluttiest girl over the course of eight location changes.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

without corrective lenses i can't recognize people i grew up with in a photograph right in front of my loving face but i just like to go places without my glasses to up the suspense for the obvious twists in my stories

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

sweeperbravo posted:

without corrective lenses i can't recognize people i grew up with in a photograph right in front of my loving face but i just like to go places without my glasses to up the suspense for the obvious twists in my stories

Isn't this just the lesbianized version of that radio call in show thing? Radio hosts call up a dude on a woman's behalf to ask if he'll go out with her again and he admits on air that he just banged her because her son bullied him in highschool or whatever. Also with a few mentions about just how good a lay he was

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I called the cops for a ride home once because I came out of a blackout from drinking way too much at like 4 in the morning in a really bad part of town and had already gotten mugged. The cops didn't hit on me though, they accused me of trying to buy drugs or hookers and patted me down and spent half an hour telling me how much of a dumbass I am before driving me home and telling me they better never see me in that part of town again.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That last one has to be taking the piss.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Agreed, the cop would have just shot him.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Katt posted:

And then, years later, he starred in The Haunted Mansion and did the exact same thing.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

TheKennedys posted:

"white people do dumb poo poo in horror movies" has been a cliche for a long time; I don't even remember where I originally heard the "black dude dies first despite being the only one with sense" cliche but that's a thing too. obviously the white people have to do dumb poo poo for the movie to happen, but the black dude being the one to go "y'all, this is loving stupid" and then dying horribly has to be intentional.

That's why "Deep Blue Sea" Surprised me because the black guy just keeps surviving all the craziest stuff. It's like the director is just yanking your chain the whole time with the certain death scenarios.

Then at the end you have the white guy, white girl and the black guy. I was 100% sure that the black guy was going to end up sacrificing himself to save the others.

Jurgan posted:

And then, years later, he starred in The Haunted Mansion and did the exact same thing.

I know this isn't true because Eddie Murphy died in the mid 90s and went home to his planet and I won't hear anything else on the topic :colbert:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Katt posted:

That's why "Deep Blue Sea" Surprised me because the black guy just keeps surviving all the craziest stuff. It's like the director is just yanking your chain the whole time with the certain death scenarios.

As I understand it LL Cool J has a "no movie deaths" clause in his contract.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Katt posted:

That was LL Cool J, who also survived Halloween H20. Then again, he was accidentally shot in that one.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Katt posted:

The black guy survives AND the hot chick dies. Double whammy!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Katt posted:

Then at the end you have the white guy, white girl and the black guy. I was 100% sure that the black guy was going to end up sacrificing himself to save the others.

I know this isn't true because Eddie Murphy died in the mid 90s and went home to his planet and I won't hear anything else on the topic :colbert:

I remember catching the end of some horror movie where there the main guy and girl are in a boat with another couple, all surrounded by sharks. You know only two are getting out of it... And it's the two guys. Very unexpected

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Me: “Shiro Kishi.” *literally, ‘White Knight’*

Teacher: “Oh? That’s… an interesting name. Sounds a bit like someone from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, does it not?”

This part always drives me insane whenever this story gets posted because no, it drat well does not.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Rahonavis posted:

Me: “Shiro Kishi.” *literally, ‘White Knight’*

Teacher: “Oh? That’s… an interesting name. Sounds a bit like someone from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, does it not?”

This part always drives me insane whenever this story gets posted because no, it drat well does not.

Same. Nobody on that show is named anything like that as far as I know. It's such a forced way to shoehorn in the brony stuff. They could have at least picked a name like plibright markle or something, at least that would sound similar.

Also if a "white knight" was introduced to a "black night" the appropriate response would be along the lines of "die infidel", not "let's gently caress".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also if a "white knight" was introduced to a "black night" the appropriate response would be along the lines of "die infidel", not "let's gently caress".

It's not the 1950s, interracial marriage is okay now.