Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

alnilam posted:

I love how real mgs2 is, including the part where we're all running around naked and cold in some kind of cyber warehouse trying to cover ourselves

nanomachines running down our legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will neither confirm nor deny if I've shoved a model Alien up me bum

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

ever wonder if someone's taken like a model of the alien from Alien and shoved it up their arse to scare the colonoscopy doc

eat your own rear end to trigger lib doctors

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Me and my gently caress pigs regularly do colonoscopy outings, no bigger turn on than free unnecessary procedures up my rear end

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

love my president watchteevee

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

augias posted:

Me and my gently caress pigs regularly do colonoscopy outings, no bigger turn on than free unnecessary procedures up my rear end

this but unironically

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Trump please poo poo on the cowardly cop

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I never wanted something so bad in my life

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
damnit Trump you can't just make one tweet, keep going you fat orange slob

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
and like magic, I make him tweet
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967021512455802881

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

corncopped

augias
Apr 7, 2009

trmpu

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
low energy bullshit tweets tho...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EXECUTIVE TIME!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Today’s Trump Schedule
Friday, February 23, 2018

quote:

10:05 am || Delivers remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference
12:35 pm || Meets with Australian Prime Minister Turnbill
2:00 pm || Holds a joint press conference with Australian Prime Minister Turnbill
3:00 pm || Meets with Secretary of State Tillerson

Fire him!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is having a colonoscopy done today. Copay and deductible are $1192 and you can bet they asked for their money up front. This country is so loving stupid.

Sounds like she's getting it up the rear end twice

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Today’s Trump Schedule
Friday, February 23, 2018

Fire him!

lol just giving up on the intel briefing entirely

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

low energy bullshit tweets tho...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966998215592677376

Nah that's p loving overtly racist, pretend you're reading a tweet from the president for the full effect

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

Hey, if he has meetings before 11:15am there's just no way to fit that in!

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

had a dream I died violently inside a McDonald’s. this is probably as close to trumps psyche as I’ll get

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Reuters says Kelly and McMaster might leave the white house
Resign binches

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967023015035797504

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

trump hates dogs and some dumb fucks still voted for him

literally worse than hitler lol
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967023015035797504

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

*extremely joementum voice* the daily intelligence briefing has never been daily

owned lib

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

the "good guy with a gun" never went into the building where students were massacred

not only did he never engage the shooter, he never saw the carnage the shooter made

:lol:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201636649.html

Eight days after mass shooter Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 people inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Broward’s top cop on Thursday revealed a stunning series of failures by the sheriff’s department.

A school campus cop heard the gunfire, rushed to the building but never went inside — instead waiting outside for another four agonizing minutes as Cruz continued the slaughter.

And long before Cruz embarked on the worst school shooting in Florida history, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies had multiple warnings that the 19-year-old was a violent threat and a potential school shooter, according to records released Thursday.

In November, a tipster called BSO to say Cruz “could be a school shooter in the making” but deputies did not write up a report on that warning. It came just weeks after a relative called urging BSO to seize his weapons. Two years ago, according to a newly released timeline of interactions with Cruz’s family, a deputy investigated a report that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school” — intelligence that was forwarded to the school’s resource officer, with no apparent result.
The school’s resource officer, Scot Peterson, 54, was suspended without pay then immediately resigned and retired. Two other deputies have been placed on restricted duty while Internal Affairs investigates how they handled the two shooter warnings.

The admissions, made by Broward Sheriff Scott Israel at a press conference on Thursday evening, added to the growing list of missed signs in the years before Cruz went on a rampage that has horrified the nation and reignited the debate on gun control. The FBI, in an earlier and equally astonishing admission, said last week that the agency failed to act on a tip in January that Cruz was a possible violent threat.

“I’m completely disgusted,” said Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine, a former mayor of Parkland whose daughter attends Stoneman Douglas. “There is nobody in authority talking to each other and every organization that had a chance to stop this completely failed our children from top to bottom.”

Thursday’s revelations came the week after Cruz took an Uber to the Parkland high school, armed with an AR-15 rifle and extra ammunition, and opened fire inside Building 12 on the sprawling campus. Seventeen people died, and another 15 people were injured.

Cruz ditched the weapon and escaped, blending in with fleeing students. He was captured about an hour later and confessed to the killings. He is now awaiting trial and could face the death penalty.

Since the massacre, law enforcement and education authorities have come under intense scrutiny for their handling of Cruz over the years. BSO, the county’s largest police department, is also under the microscope for its response to the shooting — chiefly for how school resource deputy Scot Peterson responded once the gunfire erupted at 2:21 p.m. on Valentine’s Day.

Peterson — named school resource officer of the year for Parkland in 2014 — was in another building, dealing with a student issue when the shots sounded. Armed with his sidearm, Peterson ran to the west side of Building 12 and set up in a defensive position, then did nothing for four minutes until the gunfire stopped, the sheriff said.

On Thursday, Israel said surveillance footage captured the officer’s inaction. Asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said: “Went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.”

Israel added: “I am devastated. Sick to my stomach. He never went in.”

Since the Columbine school shooting that left 12 dead in 1999, cops have been trained not to wait for heavily armed SWAT officers but to enter buildings to find and kill the threat.

“When we train police, the first priority is to stop the killing,” said Pete Blair, the executive director of the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training Center at Texas State University.

===================================

The "good guy with a gun" was a loving coward who hid behind a tree with his justice-bringer while he heard students being massacred

why does anyone think your English Lit teacher from 11th grade would do any better

gently caress this world, I hope I die soon from a massive heart attack
here's an article written by some Afghanistan veteran who basically says the same thing--arming teachers is an asinine idea. it's pretty good

https://www.charlottefive.com/arming-teachers/

quote:

Few people actually run towards gunfire. Most search for cover. Some can’t function. Fight or flight. Adrenaline floods your body. Time doesn’t exist. Your heart beats outside of your chest. Fine motor skills stop working. People urinate and defecate themselves. Good luck holding steady aim at a moving target. Even the simplest of tasks, such as reloading can become difficult. Your hands shake for hours afterward. It’s chaotic on a level that is beyond comprehension until you experience it.

This what I want you to consider when the discussion moves toward Rep. Pittman’s assumption that allowing teachers to arm themselves is the proper action to take.

“There is barely enough time in the school year to train teachers on basic lesson planning and data use,” a friend who currently works for CMS told me. “So adding weaponry is just so absurd.”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Hound posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966998215592677376

Nah that's p loving overtly racist, pretend you're reading a tweet from the president for the full effect

:shrug: I've heard it before, if that's the only high-energy tweet he's got for us this morning it'll be a low-energy :sad: morning for him. Maybe he's just saving his energy for CPAC.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah ok pretty low energy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I can think of one.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

No you see what I ACTUALLY meant to say is that we need 10 good guys with guns for every bad guy, that way at least one is bound to not be a total coward

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967023714268319744

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the ncaa should be disbanded

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

yeah how the gently caress is the govt still funded? schumer, what's your excuse??

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELCwK54CNsM

:minnie:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Dems should totals goad Trump into issuing an EO making all Dreamer full citizens. Oh Doland only you can save the Dreamers we are useless failures.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
division I ncaa schools just handing out degrees you say?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

im not interested

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Uranium 235 posted:

here's an article written by some Afghanistan veteran who basically says the same thing--arming teachers is an asinine idea. it's pretty good

https://www.charlottefive.com/arming-teachers/

When I hear gunfire I toss a flashbang and come in shooting my gold AK-47 (shotgun if its close range) or call in a helicopter if Im on a killstreak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dachshund, and they're rat-hunters. Typically dogs aren't used to go down rabbit holes, but ferrets.

badgers are dachs

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I did a thing posted:

division I ncaa schools just handing out degrees you say?

And not just to athletes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hasn’t mike pence been there trying to do diplomacy for weeks now? :thunk:

• Locked thread