Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Man I was pumped to start this tonight and they go back to Friday rollovers this season?! Smdh (sadness, my demon hunter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tip for speeding up level 40 to 70 - Craft a bunch of yellow 70 weapons (2h sword or 2h axe tend to be good), look for one with crowd control as a secondary.

Reroll the OTHER secondary that isn't CC, and eventually you'll get "Reduce level requirement by 30" which should let you whomp on some Torment 1 dudes

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Man I was pumped to start this tonight and they go back to Friday rollovers this season?! Smdh (sadness, my demon hunter)

But this is the best change my son. Although I don't work tomorrow so it wouldn't have mattered to me this time

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Thursdays was in case anything goes wrong, but since they didn't make any changes, we're back to the maintenance roll. See you in 27 hours.

E: Here's a neat thing from some forum post somewhere.

Number 8 is completely optional, and maybe not even recommended IMO as you will kill poo poo with your 70 wep, but you also get 1shot, as will your group members.

I've also read a strat where people save their CR cache for 34+ in case someone gets Custarian's, which you can then pass around, loot your 4mil gold, and gain like 10+ levels. It's very RNG-reliant though and also keeps you from leveling faster without higher chances at those great legendary powers in your teens, so I'm not a huge fan.

Also, for anyone planning to go HAM and would like to run the highest tier solo GR possible, here's the tier list from last season, which is probably the same as this season since there were no changes made.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 22, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rhykker updated his Tier list for T13 because he feels like Condemn basically reformats the entire thing, so here's his new Tier list based on all the data he gathered on stream this season

E:FB LOL

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 23, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, it's insane how different the tiers are on Console, even though the max achieved Grift level is typically about the same.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Ya Condemn is really good. With just your set and a couple of peices you can solo 100s.

To really make it shine and get high you need a ton of paragon and it is pretty fishy to as you need a good map + mob type and can only do a few bosses as well.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I didn't think you could do zbarb + 2 rats because the rats needed a znecro for sustain? Is there a good self sufficient rat variant for the group meta? Also with 3 necro, you'd lose out on all of the movement and utility from the zbarb so would it even be worth it over other variants?

I guess I could always look at the 3-man leaderboards but the season hasn't started so what is the point in even logging yet.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Frozen orb build being legit now makes me happy. I love frozen orb :dance:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Apparently some small maintenance patch that was released about two days ago has changed the way D3 stores information on your RAM, and has some added encryption, and it may have broken THUD/Bots.

Here's the first and last sentence from the THUD creator's review of the changes they made:

"There is no easy fix for this." "Based on the above, I think there is only slight chance that HUD will ever work."

I checked out the ros-bot forums and they're running into similar issues. I expect that eventually, people will crack it, but it's nice to know they've at least made it a challenge. The ros-bot forum reactions are pretty entertaining.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That's pretty awesome.

I don't care about botting or whatever since I don't play this game competitively, however. It'll be nice to be in games with real people though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The season starts this evening?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

bamhand posted:

The season starts this evening?

Yup, 8pm ET for NA.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Botter’s Tears would be the resource I would use if I were in Diablo 3.

Also I’m super pumped for S13 Monkey Business, but I really think if D3 releases a Druid pack it would literally be a perfect video game.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

With how they implemented Necromancer pets, druid forms would only last for 6 seconds and need to be constantly recast.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
And every time you swing your bear claw your model reverts to the human druid putting his weapon away to punch the monster.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Maybe it's different on PC, but on console you almost literally can't see your player model or animations because the entire screen is just exploding enemies and giant glowing auras

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, it's insane how different the tiers are on Console, even though the max achieved Grift level is typically about the same.

Is there a console tier list like the one above for PC? I haven’t seen one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

Is there a console tier list like the one above for PC? I haven’t seen one.

Not that I've seen, I was just comparing it to the state of the console leader boards at the end of the season.

One of the top console builds was a wizard Dmo build with energy twister and I don't think that's even on the list, here..

Console is strange because we can't really aim abilities, but we do double damage, and that managed to balance it almost perfectly with pc

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not that I've seen, I was just comparing it to the state of the console leader boards at the end of the season.

One of the top console builds was a wizard Dmo build with energy twister and I don't think that's even on the list, here..

Console is strange because we can't really aim abilities, but we do double damage, and that managed to balance it almost perfectly with pc

Saw a video mentioning twister is still a thing on consoles but was nerfed to death on PC

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just had clients book a late Friday appointment for the first time since November, now I won’t get home until 9:30 EST

:negative:

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I just had clients book a late Friday appointment for the first time since November, now I won’t get home until 9:30 EST

Just in time to log in and ask for a power level.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bust Rodd posted:

goondolences.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

THUD being dead is awful, everything besides the map part is an enormous UI improvement. No more accurate cooldown numbers, actually seeing the loving radius of ground effects as your entire screen is exploding, no more seeing CoE or F+R buffs in a convenient location....

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
What's the easiest way to get to 70 on a fresh season? Previously I had a friend powerlevel me to 70 in about 20 minutes but I'm assuming it will be a few days before people will be able to PL that quickly.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

I still don't know what I want to play this season. :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Best low level Monk items to gamble for?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Best low level Monk items to gamble for?

Gamble for boots at level one, and you will either get the really good lashing tail kick boots, or the one that makes your Mystic Ally a lot better.

Cidrick posted:

What's the easiest way to get to 70 on a fresh season? Previously I had a friend powerlevel me to 70 in about 20 minutes but I'm assuming it will be a few days before people will be able to PL that quickly.

There is a very good chart describing this just a few posts previously

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There is a very good chart describing this just a few posts previously

Well would you look at that, I'm a big dummy. Thanks!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think I'm gonna monk

YardKGnome
Jan 18, 2003
Grimey Drawer
I should be in to level right around start time! Thinking WD this season...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If anyone plays on Xbox and Hardcore, I'll be on at 5 for a few hours for the 1 to 70 grind.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Anyone on PC playing HC, I'll be on at 5 on the dot :getin:

Pls to be friends, I am Grummun#1685

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yuppidoo#1198 NASC just can't bring myself to roll any other class but DH when Shadow is the free set.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
That's cool that they knocked the bots out for the beginning of the season. I could care less if anyone bots, but that's a nice touch.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Well was gonna smash this till late like 5am and enjoy my sleep in till 11am for work the morn but picked up a breakfast shift at work(Chef 6am start) at the last min seriously temped just to say gently caress it and stay up all night and smash through to 70, get on the grind and sleep in the afternoon.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

deano posted:

Well was gonna smash this till late like 5am and enjoy my sleep in till 11am for work the morn but picked up a breakfast shift at work(Chef 6am start) at the last min seriously temped just to say gently caress it and stay up all night and smash through to 70, get on the grind and sleep in the afternoon.

do it, the shift is easier if you aren't coherent anyway

deano
Sep 6, 2000

boar guy posted:

do it, the shift is easier if you aren't coherent anyway

Oh it was never a serious choice only one of those i have now is DH or Monk. Ran a Wol Monk last season after starting with a FB WD so leaning maybe DH

deano fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 24, 2018

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im having a tough time deciding between rebirthing the wiz i played before i knew about seasons, and rolling a dh which i've never really played before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wizard is #1 class of all time but Impale is the most fun set D3 has ever produced, so you can't go wrong with either one. Just make sure you roll FEMALE Wiz as this is critical to your success.