Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ffish/status/965571954282557449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JimVandeHei/status/967039236011675649

easy capital D

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wayne LaPierre has been the head of the NRA since 1991? Don't they have, like, elections or something?

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

its functioning? have we gone even a month without someone being forced to resign or being fired?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Jared can fix it!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bloom posted:

nah

The point isn't to stop school shootings, it's to normalize them. Notice how everyone's talking about the minimum wage guard being a coward or not, or about how these plans to arm teachers are ridiculous? The one thing no one seems to be pointing out is that all these suggestions outline a world in which defense against school shootings, not preventing them, is the topic of conversation. It's a week after 17 dead kids and america has already accepted that it's going to happen again and the best anyone can do is to try to minimize the casualties.

There's statewide protests and the NRA spent yesterday doing paranoid rants at CPAC about deadly children, get this day crew poo poo out of here

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wayne LaPierre has been the head of the NRA since 1991? Don't they have, like, elections or something?

he should retire or something i dont know do whatever you want

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

They tried making him leave but he has a gun.

Nah just kidding, he's a loving sociopath so they love him.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
i need to hear ted nugent's opinion

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

stfu cadet bone spurs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Today is the 'deadline' for the security clearance stuff to go into effect right?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

new kind of cat posted:

what the gently caress exactly happened here...? lol

fuel on the road from a tanker crash apparently

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

:sbahj:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

Today is the 'deadline' for the security clearance stuff to go into effect right?

They are just going to ignore it and keep working with interim clearances, so it doesn't matter

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bloom posted:

nah

The point isn't to stop school shootings, it's to normalize them. Notice how everyone's talking about the minimum wage guard being a coward or not, or about how these plans to arm teachers are ridiculous? The one thing no one seems to be pointing out is that all these suggestions outline a world in which defense against school shootings, not preventing them, is the topic of conversation. It's a week after 17 dead kids and America has already accepted that it's going to happen again and the best anyone can do is to try to minimize the casualties.

The 2 deadliest mass shootings were at an outdoor concert and a nightclub. 3rd was a college campus. What's the end game here even if we achieve the absolute best case scenario of heroic teachers with concealed weapons stopping a mass shooter in his tracks? (which is already some god drat lunacy on its own)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

lol if you don't fantasize about having the diverse towns of NJ forcibly annexing all the shithole tiny lily-white suburbs and then settling refugees in them to grow :420:

Lawman 0 for NJ governor :hf: :420:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Pead posted:

They are just going to ignore it and keep working with interim clearances, so it doesn't matter

interims have a max of 360 days, no? 180 initial, and up to 180 more if approved for extension.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pead posted:

well obviously

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
"I promise I will look at this picture of your dead daughter every night"

*Glues picture into 'Jerkoff Book: Underage'*

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I did a thing posted:

interims have a max of 360 days, no? 180 initial, and up to 180 more if approved for extension.

im sure trpimu will follow the law

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Jared can fix it!

congrats jared!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

NEED MORE MILK posted:

im sure trpimu will follow the law

tuimp

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

And yet trumps approval rating keeps going up

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxYA48kaUE

We is about to get silly, bitches.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

The Nastier Nate posted:

The 2 deadliest mass shootings were at an outdoor concert and a nightclub. 3rd was a college campus. What's the end game here even if we achieve the absolute best case scenario of heroic teachers with concealed weapons stopping a mass shooter in his tracks? (which is already some god drat lunacy on its own)

hope are brave hero teachers are really into country music and religiously visit concerts? :shrug:

Business Gorillas posted:

There's statewide protests and the NRA spent yesterday doing paranoid rants at CPAC about deadly children, get this day crew poo poo out of here

ya it's crazy but what's gonna happen though? i'm euro crew and just tryna understand murica's crazy poo poo without much success.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

The Nastier Nate posted:

end game is every American is armed in every situation and has to pay dues to the nra

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

not sure i can handle this

i'm going to need a fistful of xanax

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bloom posted:

hope are brave hero teachers are really into country music and religiously visit concerts? :shrug:

ya it's crazy but what's gonna happen though? i'm euro crew and just tryna understand murica's crazy poo poo without much success.

imagine if the USA was taken over by fascist oligarchs

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Business Gorillas posted:

lol nothing is going to happen

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Good soup! posted:

Lawman 0 for NJ governor :hf: :420:

*Unfurls comically large scroll labeled "plans for the Commune of New Jersey"*

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ugh gross

i pass

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cpac is genuinely worse than charlottesville

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

we should arm custodians and the high school football team.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Weed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bloom posted:

if the GOP+NRA manage to drive away everyone but conservatives into teaching jobs because teachers are required to have guns ... mission accomplished.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

a.lo posted:

high school football team.

give brain damaged youth firearms

what could go wrong!

:chaostrump:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

This is great to hear but it seems like Mueller lately is more concerned about nailing Manafort than Trump.

Which is fine because Manafort is an awful person, but still I feel like this is not as big a deal as I'd like it to be.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

trying to get medical MJ in Pa.

would really love some edibles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao Trump apparently called the cop a coward

• Locked thread