Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Firstborn posted:

Can I delay The Hunt Begins? I'm being railroaded and just want to explore a little, but when I walk 10 feet away I fail the quest. How long will they wait in Neurof for me?

Just do it, you get a horse and the quest is simple. Once you finish that part and you get the quest to to to Uhitze or whatever it's called next you can do what you please AND you have a horse now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Pretty sure you can't dual wield at all because in real life it's a pretty bad idea.

Games definitely have a tendency to overuse/overpower it, but there were historically and are still various two-weapon styles of martial arts, and a long tradition in European fencing in particular of exactly what that guy was asking if you could do (mainhand sword, offhand dagger)

It should be a risky option for players who wanna live dangerously and show off

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the best is watching people playing this game slowly die on the inside upon reaching the end

realism indeed

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

wizard on a water slide posted:

Games definitely have a tendency to overuse/overpower it, but there were historically and are still various two-weapon styles of martial arts, and a long tradition in European fencing in particular of exactly what that guy was asking if you could do (mainhand sword, offhand dagger)

It should be a risky option for players who wanna live dangerously and show off

yeah but there's already light armour/unarmed for that

for real, punching out a guy with a sword is so good

TheAgent posted:

the best is watching people playing this game slowly die on the inside upon reaching the end

realism indeed

I detoured hard into open world fuckery, now I'm tired of that and thinking about completing the main quest except I'm up to the parts that break hard :ohdear:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Popete posted:

How are you supposed to fight multiple people at once? The lock on system is really screwing with me and I inevitably get pummeled to death by 3 dudes cause I can't get the camera to focus on one long enough to take them out.

How far along are you in the game? When I get into those situations I try to focus on the least armored person first, usually the archers, try to get a "headshot" with a mace to take them out of the fight quickly (a high stab to the face). If you're feeling really frustrated you can do the "trick" where you hold in left shift to disable the auto locking, aim slightly to the left/right of an enemy, press any kind of attack (stab with a mace works really well) and then move the aim over them again, you will perform an unblockable attack.
There are also some perks that are really good to have, sadist, bloodlust and the one that gives you better stats if you are outnumbered really helps.

The game is really hard in the beginning but once you level up some skills it is way too easy. I one-shot even the most armored people with my mace. To have the fight last longer than 10 seconds I have to limit myself to only damaging the opponents with ripostes, just touching them with the mace will have them fall dead right on the spot.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

TjyvTompa posted:

The game is really hard in the beginning but once you level up some skills it is way too easy. I one-shot even the most armored people with my mace. To have the fight last longer than 10 seconds I have to limit myself to only damaging the opponents with ripostes, just touching them with the mace will have them fall dead right on the spot.

I should go look for hard numbers but yeah the difficulty curve falls off a cliff late game. I'm basically stomping into late game bandit camps screaming "Fight me cowards!!!" There was a mod that increases enemy spawns to stupid high amounts, I should put that on...

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

poor bandit, looked at a henry and died

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TheAgent posted:

realism indeed

Mmm, for sure seems like a lot of this game is dogshit for easily swindled idiots, but me, I'm loving all of the colourful characters I'm meeting along the way.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I can't even find that in urban dictionary why are you taunting us white folk

:iiam:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, he also then chastises two dudes for drinking on the job, so that they don't see him immediately spend the next 5 hours playing dice and drinking in the tavern...

And people claim this game is not realistic.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Phlegmish posted:

Clearly a reference to the Thirty Years' War, religious wars confirmed

30 Year War would be really bleak. This game is fairly upbeat and doesn't overdo it on the unnecessarily grim stuff, though bad things do happen. The suffering of the 30 Years War was incredible.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i'm filthy frigging rich now, god drat bandit ears are highly sought after by the sassow monastery. Also there's a side quest you get from the priest in Ushits where he sends you to visit an alchemist lady (witch) and she gives you another side quest to go look after the local coven. I had a bug during it so I had to restart and thus have not finished it but.. It is... interesting and may involve having sex with farmyard animals.. I highly recommend keeping an eye for that one while you're visiting Ushits.

Now that I've blown off most of the minigame stuff I'm having a great time again. I don't have to sleep or eat anymore, but I still have to visit the bathhouse regularly which I think is a decent trade off.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 23, 2018

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I installed the sectorial lockpicking, visible bow dot and unlimited weight mods and this game became a lot more enjoyable to me.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Finished the main story today. Overall I'd say the game is very good and I enjoyed it more than Skyrim. Hopefully patches fix the more egregious bugs and the developers learn that things that might sound good in theory (the monk quest) aren't very fun in reality.

My next playthrough will probably be a thief, I ignored all the miller quests this time around.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Palpek posted:

I installed the sectorial lockpicking, visible bow dot and unlimited weight mods and this game became a lot more enjoyable to me.

What a cop out.

tbf the game got a lot more enjoyable or me when I put all my money in the bank, stopped looting corpses of anything but money, and tried to live off that and pick pocketing. My armour is so expensive to repair if it gets damaged beyond the self repair threshold :qq:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Neurosis posted:

30 Year War would be really bleak. This game is fairly upbeat and doesn't overdo it on the unnecessarily grim stuff, though bad things do happen. The suffering of the 30 Years War was incredible.

It's also more than two hundred years in the future. The Hussite wars are next.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rock Puncher posted:

i'm filthy frigging rich now, god drat bandit ears are highly sought after by the sassow monastery. Also there's a side quest you get from the priest in Ushits where he sends you to visit an alchemist lady (witch) and she gives you another side quest to go look after the local coven. I had a bug during it so I had to restart and thus have not finished it but.. It is... interesting and may involve having sex with farmyard animals.. I highly recommend keeping an eye for that one while you're visiting Ushits.

The lockpicking mod breaks a certain resolution to this quest just so that everyone is aware.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's also more than two hundred years in the future. The Hussite wars are next.

yeah i know. i was more speaking to the idea - though i'd be very interested to play it. ropekid has said before he wanted to do a holy roman empire rpg, as i've noted before in this thread - as of the success of this game he has no excuse.,

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Hussite wars would own because of the constant crusades against the Kingdom of Bohemia, the inquisition, the involvement of neighboring countries, the weird religious cults that sprang up because of the turmoil between the churches, it could be pretty interesting.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Neurosis posted:

yeah i know. i was more speaking to the idea - though i'd be very interested to play it. ropekid has said before he wanted to do a holy roman empire rpg, as i've noted before in this thread - as of the success of this game he has no excuse.,
Darklands remake!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Did they patch out the ability to steal Capon's sword? It's not in the bathhouse chest.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

MiddleOne posted:

The lockpicking mod breaks a certain resolution to this quest just so that everyone is aware.

How do you solve this quest with the mod active? Just curious, personally I removed the mod for this quest so I could progress.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
gently caress the horse race, gently caress it right in it's lovely arse and then burn it at the stake like the heathen devil-cocksucking whore it is so I can piss on it's ashes.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

MadJackMcJack posted:

gently caress the horse race, gently caress it right in it's lovely arse and then burn it at the stake like the heathen devil-cocksucking whore it is so I can piss on it's ashes.

The one to convince Divish to buy horses from Neuhof? I beat it first try. I was so far ahead I never even saw the other racers after I left them behind. I just pointed my compass toward each quest marker and went offroad straight towards it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Anyone know of a mod to speed up the sleep/wait clock thing? It's painfully slow and then it goes even slower during the last hour because gently caress you wait a bit longer. Couldn't find anything on nexus or with google

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

How do you solve this quest with the mod active? Just curious, personally I removed the mod for this quest so I could progress.

Just keep waiting and ignore the quests attempts to nudge you into stepping forward. After a while of chanting a bunch of barbarian looking supposed lumberers try to kill them (???) upon at which point I intervened. Time then skips forward until morning and as you wake up the women are gone and the dead axemen look a whole lot more like normal villagers.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

The one to convince Divish to buy horses from Neuhof? I beat it first try. I was so far ahead I never even saw the other racers after I left them behind. I just pointed my compass toward each quest marker and went offroad straight towards it.

I tried that, except if I came close to a tree or a wall the drat horse threw me off :argh: Old reliable Pebbles doesn't give me this poo poo.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MadJackMcJack posted:

I tried that, except if I came close to a tree or a wall the drat horse threw me off :argh: Old reliable Pebbles doesn't give me this poo poo.

I'll never forget the first time I found out that the shop signs have collision boxes.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

MiddleOne posted:

Just keep waiting and ignore the quests attempts to nudge you into stepping forward. After a while of chanting a bunch of barbarian looking supposed lumberers try to kill them (???) upon at which point I intervened. Time then skips forward until morning and as you wake up the women are gone and the dead axemen look a whole lot more like normal villagers.

Ooooh ok that makes so much more sense to what Henry was talking about with the priest. I joined the witches after spying on them when I was prompted to do so, got "drunk", lockpicked the horse vagina and then everything started to swirl, 2 people appeared in weird outfits and I killed them. When I come to I see 2 dead BANDITS, I run to the priest and Henry gives a totally different account on what happened than what I experienced. I.e he talks about some lumberjacks attacking the witches and him having to protect them. It didn't make any loving sense at all, now I understand why. This quest must be broken, it didn't make any sense to me at all when Henry explained what had happened.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

What? You had quest markers to where you need to go in the race? In my game there was only a short message "get the flag from the dead tree in Uzhitz", "get the flag from the miller in Merhojed" and so, it was super loving frustrating to know where to go and win.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TjyvTompa posted:

What? You had quest markers to where you need to go in the race? In my game there was only a short message "get the flag from the dead tree in Uzhitz", "get the flag from the miller in Merhojed" and so, it was super loving frustrating to know where to go and win.

you can set which markers show for which quests in the quest listing.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Yeah I know, but there were no markers for me despite activating the quest, only the marker for the start showed up.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

And you can only have 3 active at any time (+ Main Quest) red, green, blue. If I'm not mistaken, if you take on a new quest and have 3 active ones, the RED marker should change to the new quest automatically.

Also it is a bit bugged out. I lost markers for two or three quests already.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I can't even find that in urban dictionary why are you taunting us white folk

someone needs to visit d&d more often and get woke :chaostrump:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kidkissinger posted:

They don't have infinite stamina I don't think.

They definitely do at least in some situations. I used Cheat Engine to give myself infinite stamina at some point (for the Runt fight, IIRC) and the effect stuck until I quit the game. Before quitting I ran into some Cumans a bit later and started sprinting away from them, and they just kept sprinting right at my heels for miles, tackling me down every 5-10 seconds.

So either they have unlimited stamina, or their stamina regeneration is so loving insane they can just regen back to effectively full during the tackling animation and me getting up.

Either way, this game's got some bullshit in it.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Popete posted:

How are you supposed to fight multiple people at once? The lock on system is really screwing with me and I inevitably get pummeled to death by 3 dudes cause I can't get the camera to focus on one long enough to take them out.

If you find out, let me know. It seems like it seems like the fights are way too easy or impossible.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

ughhhh posted:

Are you sure colored arrows are historically accurate? Maybe places like Prague which is a cosmopolitan city would have them, but such a remote place as Bohimia wouldn't.

This was an underappreciated post. *golf clap*

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I don't get how they can say this game is realistic, the 40k gold I have should be making me overencumbered.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

accipter posted:

If you find out, let me know. It seems like it seems like the fights are way too easy or impossible.

Stealth to take down numbers, archery at range, run away and come back, etc. Hit and run tactics.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So should I invest a bunch of my hard earned Groschen in mace training and stuff because it seems like they make fights actually winnable, which currently I cannot seem to do with my sword. The enemy just blocks and slo-mo stabs me past my shield or something literally every time, and they aren't even badass, just random dudes with decent armor trying to rob me.

I did beat the faint hearted knight after five or six tries. Thank god for the infinite save mod. Can someone link the unlimited weight one as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Go practice mace with Bernard, no need to pay.

Mace is pretty good but I think Boar talent may be the way to go to break open enemy defenses. Need to play test.