Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dubs posted:

lets hope

I got rejected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Its electric blue and is legitimately the best colour ever stop calling it purple

Now answer why it's even on the car lol

Black wings would have looked amazing but instead some random loving deep dark blue instead.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Great brand synergy between McLaren and Sensodyne by including that splash of blue for them. #forzaron

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The blue is loving rad is why it's on the car. The slate grey stuff looks better on track. Comparing with last season it's hilarious how much smaller all the intakes are now they don't have to cool the Honda down.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Now answer why it's even on the car lol

Black wings would have looked amazing but instead some random loving deep dark blue instead.

Because it was on the car at Indy?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Because it was on the car at Indy?

Didn't even notice.

Its still a massive massive .. ... there is actually no qualitative sentence I can possibly conjure to say just how much better it is than last year's. I hope the guy who designed that livery got fired.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://twitter.com/Kimoa/status/967041844256432129

#BeBrave :jerkbag:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The FIA have made a rules adjustment to stop engine manufacturers restricting engine modes for customer cars.

Supplied power units must be (unless declined by the customer) run with identical software, oils and fuel, so that they are capable of being operated in precisely the same way as the factory team.

So basically Mercedes can't lock customer teams out of Q3 mode with software and nobody can burn oil additives without their customers knowing about it as well.

Customers can still choose to run their own fuels and oils if they choose

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Didn't even notice.

Its still a massive massive .. ... there is actually no qualitative sentence I can possibly conjure to say just how much better it is than last year's. I hope the guy who designed that livery got fired.

Trying to compare it to last year's car is like dividing by zero.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Kimoa.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I seem to remember rumblings from last year that the design team had come up with something and then it got committeed into the monstrous shite we saw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"Be brave" - Me, to myself before entering the awful, likely crime-infested hellhole of Woking

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

#CarLaunch

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Zak Brown is the Trump of F1.

He's gonna get people to stop laughing at McLaren and do the best deals.

*Plasters kimoa all over the car and pretends he's still in charge while Alonso calls all the shots*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the mclaren doc there was a nice lad who was really sad about loving Buttonīs Monaco race. He should work for a good team like Scuderia Ferrari.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

In the mclaren doc there was a nice lad who was really sad about loving Buttonīs Monaco race. He should work for a good team like Scuderia Ferrari.

The Woking Stink is on him sadly. Probably can't be hired by any other team. Will have to go work at a Tesco in Woking or something.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

drat, that looks good.

DoctorGonzo posted:

No one should work for that poo poo team

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The blue on the wings is apparently supposed to be a throwback to some of the old McLaren Can-Am cars:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also what the gently caress kimoa sells, glasses? clothes? what the gently caress

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

drat, that looks good.

No one should work for that poo poo team

But enough about Kimoa Mclaren Renault

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

also what the gently caress kimoa sells, glasses? clothes? what the gently caress

How did you not know this what.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They have ads with nando in the beach or something? i dont know, Fernando was dead to me after he left Scuderia Ferrari.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

How did you not know this what.

We haven't posted about it enough

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Good lord wicka

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip Wicka

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The MCL33’s eye-catching primary colour, Papaya Spark, and secondary colours, Burton Blue and Cerulean Blue, were each developed in collaboration with McLaren partner AkzoNobel. The innovative coating systems supplied by the company have enabled the team to significantly reduce the total weight of paint and decrease paint processing time by more than 50%.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but they still have an unfinished car.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Kimoa is such an awful name, it's like a foreign language misspelling of quinoa, and quinoa being a grain and not a protein is very low energy. Sad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That shade of blue on the DELLclaren sucks. The halo sucks. Good orange though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYp3-cR_tnM

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari have a big loving Ray Ban logo on the side, it's not some crazy thing to have a fashion brand on an F1 car. I mean there was a whole Benetton team for fucks sake

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ray Ban and Ferrari are cool. Im not going to pay for Ferrari branded Ray Bans.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

quote:

The MCL33’s eye-catching primary colour, Papaya Spark, and secondary colours, Burton Blue and Cerulean Blue, were each developed in collaboration with McLaren partner AkzoNobel. The innovative coating systems supplied by the company have enabled the team to significantly reduce the total weight of paint and decrease paint processing time by more than 50%.
Poopooya Shart, Farton Poo, and Slurlean Poo, deveveloped with McLaren partner AsskoBlowhell.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Kimoa is such an awful name, it's like a foreign language misspelling of quinoa, and quinoa being a grain and not a protein is very low energy. Sad.

Look at this guy that doesn't know how quinoa is pronounced

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Look at this guy that doesn't know how quinoa is pronounced

It's gross who cares

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Racist

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that i really like the new Mclaren. I hope it drives well and gives Alonso and Stoffel the opportunity to heal from their honda PTSD.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah I'm hugely racist against grains

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seeing a Renault decal on the McLaren is weird. Not as weird as the McLaren Peugeot but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Much as I'd like Honda to do better, the fact that Red Bull are going to be forced to take them as a supplier makes me wish for endless misery for them

• Locked thread