Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

runwiled posted:

If Ysengrin eats Coyote, does he get back the memories Coyote ate himself?

gently caress, maybe that's what he's doing here. He's not trying to kill Coyote, he's just figured out his memories are inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hodgepodge posted:

The Thompson have a story called "Coyote makes women menstruate." It seems it was originally men's problem, but it was inconvenient for hunting. So they asked Coyote to help them, and he did by making women menstruate instead.

I'm not sure if it applies, but for the nearby Sto:lo menstrual blood is considered very powerful against what you might call male magic. So maybe this wasn't as bad a deal for women as it sounds? I dunno.

Anyhow the thing about Coyote in his own words:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1068

I like how just a few pages before coyote asks Anne to tell a story about his incredible strength, with that specific stripe on his back highlighted.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1066

Still think that this is too early for coyote to get snuffed out for good, this is all part of his plan still

e. http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/images/jonesface.gif will be useful if jones comes to save the day too

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 23, 2018

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

VanSandman posted:

This isn’t a shonen fightin’ comic.

Voltron is universal :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Annie did not absorb Jeanne and if that's your understanding of how psychopomps work there are a lot of chapters you might want to reread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm going to guess that the person saw Annie' separated fire self and thought she absorbed Jeanne.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bongo Bill posted:

If nothing else, Coyote is still not as owned as the time he farted himself to death.

This is still probably in his list of "top ten most embarrassing deaths" though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Looks bad, Todd.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Aw poo poo.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Not finding any lunch money after beating up Coyote, Ysengrin settles for his prized marble collection.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

MikeJF posted:

gently caress, maybe that's what he's doing here. He's not trying to kill Coyote, he's just figured out his memories are inside.

Apparently yes!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A memory piñata!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
He got to the secret prize inside!

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is not how I expected the ending of Gunnerkrigg Court: Chain of Memories to go.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh right, Y was aware of the fact that Coyote did something to his memories.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope Coyote isn't dead as he's a far more interesting antagonist than Ysengrin will ever be

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

EmmyOk posted:

I hope Coyote isn't dead as he's a far more interesting antagonist than Ysengrin will ever be

There's no way he's dead from this. In legends he comes back to life from people stepping over his corpse.

It's pretty clear Ysengrin's goal was just to retrieve his memories.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 23, 2018

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

There's no way he's dead from this. In legends he comes back to life from people stepping over his corpse.

It's pretty clear Ysengrin's goal was just to retrieve his memories.

quick get elon musk to fire coyote's body into space

Ain't no down in space. Can't step over a corpse if there's no down.

IdleHands
May 30, 2011

Or maybe Ysengrim is just attacking him in a berserk rage without being aware of the stolen memories, and this is Coyote's gambit. At this moment, Ysengrim is just a force of nature without anything to guide him, no mind, no reason. He has Coyote's strength, but no wisdom and cunning that would direct him how to use it.

A Ysengrim nigh-omnipotent, but aware of how he attacked Annie, of the endless questions and how Coyote was toying with him, and of whatever else the memories could be, is something I think Coyote would like to see.

Would guilt and regret temper him, would "mortal" emotions be enough to reign in a power of a god?

Would it be a fun thing to do for shits and giggles?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think this might be the most game changing event in this comic, even more than Tony showing up.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

quick get elon musk to fire coyote's body into space

Ain't no down in space. Can't step over a corpse if there's no down.

Eventually, Coyote stopped thinking.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_o_O7v1ews

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
Looks like this one's for all the marbles.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
The crunchy bits at the center of a Coyote are my favorite part.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Geocities Homepage King posted:

The crunchy bits at the center of a Coyote are my favorite part.
Some of those memories are actually quite juicy.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Question for Coyote plush owners:Is it full of memory beads? y/n

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Are the memory bubbles floating out of coyote or are they already "embedded" in ysengs underbelly?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Betting Ysengrin hands Annie an orb and tells her to give it to Renardine. I don't think Annie will be thrown out of the forest, Smitty might, but she's gonna have to go back and tell the court Coyete is dead and oh btw Jeanne is gone too.

They're gonna freak.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Coyote might even be dead enough that he's convinced himself, but he will be back eventually. He chose this moment to give Ysengrin his power so that when things seemingly went sour, the Court would be sure to get two firsthand accounts of his demise. Why? Who knows! Ysengrin getting his memories back is going to be interesting.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Coyote has decided to be dead for tax purposes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Coyote might even be dead enough that he's convinced himself, but he will be back eventually. He chose this moment to give Ysengrin his power so that when things seemingly went sour, the Court would be sure to get two firsthand accounts of his demise. Why? Who knows! Ysengrin getting his memories back is going to be interesting.

Not saying Coyote isn't a master planner, but it would be unwise to dismiss the possibility that he just hosed up.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is all going according to plan and is the reason Coyote was taking his memories in the first place.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Coyote has decided to be dead for tax purposes.

42!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Remember when Coyote pretended to be a dead bird by the side of a lake for so long he nearly forgot he wasn't the bird and the lake?

Good times.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Not saying Coyote isn't a master planner, but it would be unwise to dismiss the possibility that he just hosed up.

Canon Coyote fucks up regularly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Canon Coyote fucks up regularly.

All trickster archetypes do. Loki spent like 3/4 of his time cleaning up his own messes.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I can't believe Coyote is loving dead

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If the red on Coyote's back is gone because he gave it away, does this mean he gave Renard the color on his legs?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I can't believe Coyote is loving dead

:same:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

And it's Friday, so we'll have to wait until Monday to see Ysengrin knighted as Lord Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Lord Kylo Ren you mean. Vader never had the stones to betray.